Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Dolphins Chat

B-Man

17 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

I would think that Beane would be all in on a Tyrek Hill at $3 mil and reasonable draft picks

$72 mil guaranteed is a different animal

how much better wouid Hill make this offense, with the other components in place?

is that second question a joke?

An offense with Diggs, Knox and Hill would be unstoppable. But at the cost that the fish paid, then I'm out. WAY too rich.

Alaska Darin
1 minute ago, Joe said:

is that second question a joke?

An offense with Diggs, Knox and Hill would be unstoppable. But at the cost that the fish paid, then I'm out. WAY too rich.

You're not going to find too many teams with a stud QB and two $20M+ WRs. 

The BILLS will likely pick at least 2 WRs in this draft.  One of them will be another #1.5/2 type of guy and one will be a slot/water bug type.  That's just how it works in the salary cap era.

• Like 2
  • Wow 1

34 minutes ago, RkFast said:

Im thrilled over this, even with Hill going to MIA. 

My friends (yes I have some, sort of) are telling me this doesnt mean much but I disagree. Hill's speed, especially coupled with Mahomes and Kelce was indefensible. And 50% of Mahomes' yards are YAC. The Chiefs will still be damned good but even with Schuster and a WR they will draft this is a MASSIVE change in their offense. MIA with Hill will be a "problem" the Bills will need to deal with. But Hill with Tua aint nowhere near Hill with Mahomes.

I agree with you.  In KC, Hill was a major problem.  In Miami, Hill will be doing a lot of running around, just not with the ball.

KC's offense won't be quite as potent without Hill.  They'll still have Hardman and Kelce which will help Smith-Schuster, but JuJu isn't going to make up for the loss of Hill.  This doesn't make getting pressure on Mahomes less critical since he's still a weapon.

• Like 1

TakeYouToTasker 2.0

I love this trade.

It makes the Chiefs worse this year, but won’t make Tua appreciably better.

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, RkFast said:

Im thrilled over this, even with Hill going to MIA. 

My friends (yes I have some, sort of) are telling me this doesnt mean much but I disagree. Hill's speed, especially coupled with Mahomes and Kelce was indefensible. And 50% of Mahomes' yards are YAC. The Chiefs will still be damned good but even with Schuster and a WR they will draft this is a MASSIVE change in their offense. MIA with Hill will be a "problem" the Bills will need to deal with. But Hill with Tua aint nowhere near Hill with Mahomes.

56 minutes ago, Ann said:

Before I get too giddy I want to see what these 3 picks bring. 

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
3 minutes ago, snafu said:

Ain't Skeered.

Equally accurate alternate phrasing: Dolphins crippling these offensive additions with Tua Turndaballova.

• Cheers 2

Alaska Darin

There are more than a few questions...

1.  How well does Miami incorporate all of the new pieces while installing a new offense and with a new head coach all at the same time?

2.  What affect does spending all this money on offense have on the other side of the football?  I haven't been paying attention to who they've lost on either side of the ball but there has to be some give here.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

1.  How well does Miami incorporate all of the new pieces while installing a new offense and with a new head coach all at the same time?

2.  What affect does spending all this money on offense have on the other side of the football?  I haven't been paying attention to who they've lost on either side of the ball but there has to be some give here.

They had wheelbarrows full of cap space.

They likely haven't lost all that much, but like you I'm uncertain.

• Like 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 minute ago, Alaska Darin said:

That occurred to me to, but in the sense of "What, do they think they're going buy their way to out-scoring the Bills?"

We're either seeing entertaining shootouts, or entertaining blowouts.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

Didn't Tua say after his rookie season that he didn't know the complete playbook? :classic_laugh:

Alaska Darin
1 minute ago, Foxx said:

Didn't Tua say after his rookie season that he didn't know the complete playbook? :classic_laugh:

Everything about the guy is just curious.  Them rewarding him with playing time when he was clearly ill-prepared just shows how stupid they are organizationally.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Ann said:

This makes the Dolphins contenders.  Must be true. I read it in Finheaven.

Meanwhile, Chiefs Planet is melting down.

• Haha 1

Alaska Darin
3 minutes ago, Foxx said:

Meanwhile, Chiefs Planet is melting down.

They have a bevy of picks and now a decent amount of cap space that shook loose after the trade.

They're going to be "different" but if they use their picks wisely they're still going to be very, very good.

• Like 3