Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Dolphins Chat

B-Man

Crap Throwing Clavin
54 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

Remember in 1992 (I think) when Shula's Dolphins had something like 22 former first round picks on the roster?  In an ultimately failed attempt to compete with the Bills.

"The Dolphins roster is loaded."  Heard that one before.  

• Cheers 1

Alaska Darin
35 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Remember in 1992 (I think) when Shula's Dolphins had something like 22 former first round picks on the roster?  In an ultimately failed attempt to compete with the Bills.

Being a first round pick gives you a lot of chances to prove you don't belong in the NFL.  I don't remember the exact stat but it's something like 1/4th to 1/3rd of first round picks are busts.

• Cheers 2

RochesterRob
3 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

Being a first round pick gives you a lot of chances to prove you don't belong in the NFL.  I don't remember the exact stat but it's something like 1/4th to 1/3rd of first round picks are busts.

Almost but not quite 1 out of 2 if you do a ten year average where no one draft is weighted too heavily.  What factors in is being top ten at your position, 2nd contract with team that drafted, All Pro recognition, etc..

• Cheers 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
4 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

Being a first round pick gives you a lot of chances to prove you don't belong in the NFL.  

Unless you're Ryan Leaf or JaMarshmallow Russell

RochesterRob
4 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Most Dolphin (male) fans sport large belt buckles as well as making bold statements to hide certain deficiencies.  They also suffer delusions of being in the years 1973 or 1983.  I let somebody else comment as to if they stuff socks..............

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, RochesterRob said:

Most Dolphin (male) fans sport large belt buckles as well as making bold statements to hide certain deficiencies.  They also suffer delusions of being in the years 1973 or 1983.  I let somebody else comment as to if they stuff socks..............

That’s definitely a Bat Signal for @Jabba The Hutt

• Haha 2

Jabba The Hutt
15 hours ago, RochesterRob said:

19 minutes ago, Nanker said:

That’s definitely a Bat Signal for @Jabba The Hutt

The answer is yes, they do...:classic_laugh:

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Ann said:

Reading more tweets, there is the possibility it is food poisoning.

food.jpg.0f1c071ff5d418e38b46a71aad4f5a93.jpg

The Eagles will practice though:

eagles.jpg.d5b655b7a6f2a75943a55e784bb2ce25.jpg

Things must be really bad in Miami if the players are making themselves sick.  Usually they just do that to their fans.

• Haha 4

https://www.outkick.com/nfl-gm-dolphins-eagles-tua-hurts/

“I was able to come out here last week and watch practice and watched today and just in a week’s time I was able to see how much more comfortable he looks in the offense, how quickly he’s distributing the ball,” Spielman says. “I think Tua is going to have a big year for them.”

Most pundits believe both these teams are a franchise quarterback away from being not just playoff but Super Bowl contenders. Spielman definitely sees why that is.

“When you look at their roster and watching them the last couple of weeks and through the preseason, they’re going to have a very good defense,” Spielman says of the Dolphins. “I think they will be one of the better defenses in the league.”

“This offense, from when I was in Minnesota and playing against San Francisco numerous times, is predicated on the run,” Spielman says. “So will this offensive line and the running game be able to get going because they have struggled in the first two preseason games, at least in my opinion from what I’ve observed.

“I understand there’s not a lot of game-planning going on. So can this offensive line, especially with Terron Armstead coming back, have a strong running game because the stronger the running game is, the more effective I think Tua will be and open up big plays down the field. That’s when an explosive passing game will happen.”

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Taro T said:

Things must be really bad in Miami if the players are making themselves sick.  Usually they just do that to their fans.

1 hour ago, Fansince88 said:

Bad seafood?

In other news Dolphin team chef fired after trying unsuccessfully to make turkey burgers. 

• Haha 5
  • Love 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
3 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

Trey Flowers signed to a one year deal by the Fish.

That's a lot of embarrassing missed Josh Allen tackles.

• Haha 3