Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

*Patriots Ch(e)at

IDBillzFan

Crap Throwing Clavin
48 minutes ago, Ann said:

Weird...

I'm really trying to make the Dr. Strange joke here with Belichick as Dormammu...but thanks to @IDBillzFan, all I can think of is General Zod after a day at the spa.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Alaska Darin
1 hour ago, Ann said:

I watched the entire broadcast and the best part was when the guy said "They act like it's 10 years ago when they could just roll out Tom Brady and win 12 games.  Those days are over."

It was a hoot.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 1
  • FANtastic 1
  • Love 1

14 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

I watched the entire broadcast and the best part was when the guy said "They act like it's 10 years ago when they could just roll out Tom Brady and win 12 games.  Those days are over."

It was a hoot.

Are you still of the mind Bellyboy is the greatest coach of all time? Or is what he is doing without Brady changing your mind at all?

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
1 hour ago, Foxx said:

Are you still of the mind Bellyboy is the greatest coach of all time? Or is what he is doing without Brady changing your mind at all?

I'm still of that mind.

I honestly believe that he's starting to go mentally.

He is 70 now, and his team management has become baffling; he's doing things that are incompetent, and lack for foresight and planning, which is wildly out of character.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

I'm still of that mind.

He is 70 now, and his team management has become baffling; he's doing things that are incompetent, and lack for foresight and planning, which is wildly out of character.

I dunno.

His draft record is horrendous. The only one in the last 11 years that could be considered somewhat successful was last years and even that draft is only considered successful because of the dismal failure of the past 11.

My mindset remains the same. He is a coach who got very, very lucky to have had the unbelievable fortune of drafting the GOAT QB. His record before and after Brady in sub .500. He gets afforded a great amount of latitude because of all the warts Brady covered for him.

Why did Brady leave the way he did? Why did Brady not acknowledge NE in his retirement speech/note? Why did Gronk retire rather than go back to work for the bellyboy? Because DarthHoodie is a douche. 

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1

16 minutes ago, Foxx said:

I dunno.

His draft record is horrendous. The only one in the last 11 years that could be considered somewhat successful was last years and even that draft is only considered successful because of the dismal failure of the past 11.

My mindset remains the same. He is a coach who got very, very lucky to have had the unbelievable fortune of drafting the GOAT QB. His record before and after Brady in sub .500. He gets afforded a great amount of latitude because of all the warts Brady covered for him.

Why did Brady leave the way he did? Why did Brady not acknowledge NE in his retirement speech/note? Why did Gronk retire rather than go back to work for the bellyboy? Because DarthHoodie is a douche. 

The cheating helped them "win," too. 🙂 

• Like 3
  • Cheers 2

Alaska Darin
40 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

I'm still of that mind.

I agree with this.  I've never thought they drafted very well (especially based on chart values), so it's not a big surprise to me that it's becoming even more of a glaring weakness as he's gotten older.  This is one of those things about empires...the falls are usually fast and based on no one having the stones to step in and tell the emperor he needs to maybe step back from certain things.

BB is the greatest defensive mind in NFL history but even the great ones (Noll, Landry, Shula, etc.) lose a step at some point.

• Like 1

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
38 minutes ago, Foxx said:

I dunno.

It’s not his draft record I’m speaking to.

It’s the fact that there’s literally no org chart in New England. There’s no offensive or defensive coordinator, there’s no QB coach, there’s no experienced play callers.

There’s no due diligence performed on anything.

That’s soooo far away from the guy who has been widely regarded by his peers as the best prepared coach in the business.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Foxx said:

I dunno.

I laugh at the people who think drafting Brady was astute. If it was astute then BB wouldn't have taken to the 6th round to do so. If you're looking for a franchise QB then you pick them in the 1st round and hope you get lucky with the pick. Winning the lottery doesn't prove that you're smart, only lucky. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, 3rdnlng said:

I laugh at the people who think drafting Brady was astute. If it was astute then BB wouldn't have taken to the 6th round to do so. If you're looking for a franchise QB then you pick them in the 1st round and hope you get lucky with the pick. Winning the lottery doesn't prove that you're smart, only lucky. 

To say this was well said is an understatement. BB/TB post of the year! 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

It’s not his draft record I’m speaking to.

It’s the fact that there’s literally no org chart in New England. There’s no offensive or defensive coordinator, there’s no QB coach, there’s no experienced play callers.

There’s no due diligence performed on anything.

That’s soooo far away from the guy who has been widely regarded by his peers as the best prepared coach in the business.

I used the drafting history as an example. His ultimate record without Brady says it all, IMO.

I think his laughable organization structure today is because he wants to prove that it was him and not Brady. We'll see how that goes. It will more than likely end up a spectacular train wreck. 

You can be the best prepared of anyone out there, that however does not mean you are the best at anything other than, preparation. 

• Like 3

Crap Throwing Clavin
3 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

And they were on the fence as to whether they should chose Brady or Tim Rattay.

• Wow 2

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
10 hours ago, Foxx said:

I used the drafting history as an example. His ultimate record without Brady says it all, IMO.

I think his laughable organization structure today is because he wants to prove that it was him and not Brady. We'll see how that goes. It will more than likely end up a spectacular train wreck. 

You can be the best prepared of anyone out there, that however does not mean you are the best at anything other than, the best at preparation. 

Perhaps I’m not articulating myself very well.

The drafting has never been great in New England, as they’ve always had a philosophy of drafting for need. It’s something that’s well known in the regional sports market, and the organization freely talks about.

Belichick absolutely lucked into Brady. No one disputes that; but it wasn’t Brady who started their early dynasty run. It was the defense. Brady grew into the MVP caliber player over his first 4-5 seasons in which he was a game manager.

What Belichick always brought to the table was unheard of preparedness and organization. He preached situational football, and accounted for every possible situation.

He is no longer doing this. He’s not trying to “prove” anything. Were he trying to prove himself, he would be more prepared. More organized.

He is not.

He is far, far less organized and prepared.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

Perhaps I’m not articulating myself very well.

The drafting has never been great in New England, as they’ve always had a philosophy of drafting for need. It’s something that’s well known in the regional sports market, and the organization freely talks about.

Belichick absolutely lucked into Brady. No one disputes that; but it wasn’t Brady who started their early dynasty run. It was the defense. Brady grew into the MVP caliber player over his first 4-5 seasons in which he was a game manager.

What Belichick always brought to the table was unheard of preparedness and organization. He preached situational football, and accounted for every possible situation.

He is no longer doing this. He’s not trying to “prove” anything. We’re he trying to prove himself, he would be more prepared. More organized.

He is not.

He is far, far less organized and prepared.

No, I think you articulated yourself fairly well.

I just don't think Belichick was ever all that, never have.

The only thing, and I repeat, the only thing that will ever change my mind, is if he does something without Brady.

• Like 1

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
7 hours ago, Foxx said:

No, I think you articulated yourself fairly well.

I just don't think Belichick was ever all that, never have.

The only thing, and I repeat, the only thing that will ever change my mind, is if he does something without Brady.

I think your dislike of the team, and of the person, is clouding your understanding.

Belicheck is the difference between Tom Brady and Peyton Manning.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

I think your dislike of the team, and of the person, is clouding your understanding.

Belicheck is the difference between Tom Brady and Peyton Manning.

I had responded to this post but it got wiped in the data loss we experienced this morning.

I will try a condensed version.

It is not my dislike of the team and the person that is creating a clouding of understanding. My belief that Belichick was never all that predates his coaching the Patriots.

the ultimate bottom line is the results factor. That being, wins and losses. Pre Brady, Belichick was a .500 coach. Post Brady, Belichick is a .500 coach.

He could definitely change that perception by winning a Super Bowl without Brady and laying claim to the fact that those glory years were a byproduct of both Brady and Belichick. I highly doubt that is going to happen though.

• Cheers 1

Fansince88
35 minutes ago, Foxx said:

I had responded to this post but it got wiped in the data loss we experienced this morning.

I will try a condensed version.

It is not my dislike of the team and the person that is creating a clouding of understanding. My belief that Belichick was never all that predates his coaching the Patriots.

the ultimate bottom line is the results factor. That being, wins and losses. Pre Brady, Belichick was a .500 coach. Post Brady, Belichick is a .500 coach.

He could definitely change that perception by winning a Super Bowl without Brady and laying claim to the fact that those glory years were a byproduct of both Brady and Belichick. I highly doubt that is going to happen though.

I am im @Foxx camp on this one @TakeYouToTasker 2.0 and it isnt JUST because he is the boss.