Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

*Patriots Ch(e)at

IDBillzFan

RochesterRob

I think that putting BB among the very top DC's in the league is being somewhat generous.  I think that Bud Carson with the Steelers and Marvin Lewis with the Ravens were better on the top end in terms of one for the ages in terms of results.  The Giants on average seemed to me to come up with big plays and stifle individual players as opposed to complete shutdowns of offenses.  Letting Lawrence Taylor freelance was a factor allowed by Parcells and no doubt made BB feel he needed to clamp down on players because he disliked that level of free floating so to speak.  Back to DC's I could probably think of more accomplished men if I put some time into it.  

Alaska Darin
1 hour ago, RochesterRob said:

I think that putting BB among the very top DC's in the league is being somewhat generous.  I think that Bud Carson with the Steelers and Marvin Lewis with the Ravens were better on the top end in terms of one for the ages in terms of results.  The Giants on average seemed to me to come up with big plays and stifle individual players as opposed to complete shutdowns of offenses.  Letting Lawrence Taylor freelance was a factor allowed by Parcells and no doubt made BB feel he needed to clamp down on players because he disliked that level of free floating so to speak.  Back to DC's I could probably think of more accomplished men if I put some time into it.  

I think holding Joe Montana's Niners to 13 points on the road and 7 points in the Meadowlands in the playoffs says otherwise.

Those Giants' defenses were awesome and would be in the discussion for the best of all time if  the '85 Bears hadn't showed up and flipped the football world on its head.

https://www.giants.com/video/full-segment-lawrence-taylor-named-to-nfl-100-all-time-team

https://www.sportscasting.com/lawrence-taylor-reveals-how-pissed-he-was-when-bill-belichick-became-his-defensive-coordinator-says-he-cursed-bill-parcells-out/

"Taylor eventually said that Parcells informed him that Belichick had designed most of the Giants’ defense." (when he was just the assistant special teams coach)

"New York’s first Super Bowl title with Parcells, Taylor, and Belichick was in 1986, and the Giants’ defense was second in the NFL in points allowed that year, as it only allowed 14.8 per game. The other came in 1990, and the defense was No. 1 in the NFL in points allowed, only allowing 13.2 per game."

"I have had 4 great coaches in my life.  My high school coach, my LBers coach at North Carolina, Bill Parcells and probably the best of them all, Bill Belichick."  - Lawrence Taylor

Giants defensive rankings (points allowed) under BB:  5th, 2nd, 13th (Taylor's suspension/injury season and Martin/Carson's final year), 9th, 2nd, 1st.

• Like 1

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
2 hours ago, Fansince88 said:

I am im @Foxx camp on this one @TakeYouToTasker 2.0 and it isnt JUST because he is the boss. 

No worries. I’m used to the people disagreeing with me being wrong. 😉

The evidence is abundant.

Tom Brady was not special during the Patriots first 5 year window. He was a game manager and a system guy.

He kept his teams in games by not turning the ball over, while the Patriots’ defense and special teams won game after game.

It was Belichick who was essential to those years, building management systems, and game plans. Recruiting and employing the coaching talent to manage what he was building; both people management, and game management.

His game planning was the envy of the league for decades.

This was due to his preparation. Don’t take my word for it. Take the word of his peers, and of the leagues elite playing talent.

None of them share yours and Foxx’s opinion.

Why is that I wonder?

• Like 1

Fansince88
3 hours ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

No worries. I’m used to the people disagreeing with me being wrong😉

The evidence is abundant.

Tom Brady was not special during the Patriots first 5 year window. He was a game manager and a system guy.

He kept his teams in games by not turning the ball over, while the Patriots’ defense and special teams won game after game.

It was Belichick who was essential to those years, building management systems, and game plans. Recruiting and employing the coaching talent to manage what he was building; both people management, and game management.

His game planning was the envy of the league for decades.

This was due to his preparation. Don’t take my word for it. Take the word of his peers, and of the leagues elite playing talent.

None of them share yours and Foxx’s opinion.

Why is that I wonder?

Emphasis on the bolded? LOL. 

Is he a genius? yes. Could he have done all this with EJ Manuel? Not a chance. He will go down propping up Mac Jones. He should have rode away.

4 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

I think holding Joe Montana's Niners to 13 points on the road and 7 points in the Meadowlands in the playoffs says otherwise.

And he's still doing it 30+ years later.  Rams scored 3 points in the SB a few years ago after tearing up the league all season.

To Taskers point, his defenses ranked 1, 2 and 6 during the first three SB wins.  Brady was always solid, but there were very few heroic moments out of the offense in those early years.

BB is the best game-prep coach I've ever seen.  The hallmark of his NE teams has been guys always being in the right place at the right time, and always knowing what to do in situations.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, KD in CA said:

And he's still doing it 30+ years later.  Rams scored 3 points in the SB a few years ago after tearing up the league all season.

To Taskers point, his defenses ranked 1, 2 and 6 during the first three SB wins.  Brady was always solid, but there were very few heroic moments out of the offense in those early years.

BB is the best game-prep coach I've ever seen.  The hallmark of his NE teams has been guys always being in the right place at the right time, and always knowing what to do in situations.

It's almost as if he had someone intercepting the other team's signals. 

• Cheers 1
  • FANtastic 2

IDBillzFan
19 hours ago, Dubs said:

The pats drafted a QB, two RBs, and a third round guard in the 1st. Absolutely hilarious. 

I say this with 95% of my tongue firmly planted in my cheek, but part of me feels like BB* is going all Bill O'Brien on the way out the door.

• Cheers 1

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
13 hours ago, Fansince88 said:

Emphasis on the bolded? LOL. 

Is he a genius? yes. Could he have done all this with EJ Manuel? Not a chance. He will go down propping up Mac Jones. He should have rode away.

“Being able to do it” with EJ Manuel isn’t a benchmark for anything. No one could win with Manuel. He was barely a college QB.

will remind you, however, that he went 11-5 with Matt Cassel, who is 36-45 in his career; and that he went 10-7, and into the post-season, with Mac Jones.

• Like 3

Fansince88
6 hours ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

“Being able to do it” with EJ Manuel isn’t a benchmark for anything. No one could win with Manuel. He was barely a college QB.

will remind you, however, that he went 11-5 with Matt Cassel, who is 36-45 in his career; and that he went 10-7, and into the post-season, with Mac Jones.

Cant argue with that. Well, probably could but dont really care. Got a crib to build.

Alaska Darin
1 hour ago, Fansince88 said:

Cant argue with that. Well, probably could but dont really care. Got a crib to build.

You got future sixth rounder on the way?

Fansince88
1 hour ago, Alaska Darin said:

You got future sixth rounder on the way?

Granddaughter. 1st one. Got some oak logs milled by my older brother 2 years ago. Running some of that through the planner to use for the entire build. Plans are in the head. Getting excited about getting to the finished product. About once a day I get (using my wife voice) why are you doing that. 

Edited by Fansince88
  • Like 2
  • Applause 2

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
3 minutes ago, Fansince88 said:

Granddaughter. 1st one. Got some oak logs milled by my older brother 2 years ago. Planing some of that to use for the entire thing. Plans are in the head. Getting excited about getting to the finished product.

Congrats!

• Like 1

Fansince88
Just now, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

Congrats!

On the oak? Haha. Yes, we are pretty stoked. Daughter and her husband live 400 miles away so that sucks. Could be worse.

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
On 5/2/2022 at 8:30 PM, Fansince88 said:

On the oak? Haha. Yes, we are pretty stoked. Daughter and her husband live 400 miles away so that sucks. Could be worse.

You know, now that I think about it, given lumber prices these days it could just have easily been a congratulations on the oak. 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

They can’t suck enough in my way of thinking… for the next 50 years. Hope it’s like the “curse of the bambino” for them. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 3

Deranged Rhino
21 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

Am I wrong or did Bourne think he got traded when the news broke? And he seemed VERY happy about it :classic_laugh: 

Alaska Darin
46 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Am I wrong or did Bourne think he got traded when the news broke? And he seemed VERY happy about it :classic_laugh: 

I do think for about a half a second he thought he was traded.  His look more said "You have got to be &#%$ing kidding me" to me.

• Cheers 1