Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

*Patriots Ch(e)at

IDBillzFan

2 hours ago, B-Man said:

bill-belichick-mac-jones-getty.jpg
Patriots 2022 schedule: Game-by-game predictions
BY: TYLER SULLIVAN

Here's our prediction for how the 2022 season will unfold for New England

I thought they were headed towards 17-0 the way it started, but I can see the final prediction (probably different than how they figured) being their 2022 record. 

You know the funniest part of this post?

Half of today's raging Pats* fans will never understand it.

• Like 1

Alaska Darin

Apparently the "rippin' and a tearin'" we gave them in the post season finally made ol' BB look at the dinosaurs he had at LBer.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

Apparently the "rippin' and a tearin'" we gave them in the post season finally made ol' BB look at the dinosaurs he had at LBer.

Thanks for the laugh, that was a good read. :thumb:

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Ann said:

More

That’s my orthopod Dr. Mark Price , he’s the Pats* team physician. I’ve  seen him about my shoulders a couple of times. 

The Doc who did my right shoulder joint replacement was Russell Warren, the Jints team physician. Both are nice men, and they know each other which I found somewhat amusing. 

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

This is one of those things that falls under the heading of "If this were any coach other than Bellicheat*..."

I suspect there's a method to his madness, and I read somewhere yesterday he had done this previously. But I feel like you need the right guy under center to make this successful.  Time will tell, I guess.

NFL Quarterback Tiers 2022: Allen, Herbert and Burrow Make Tier 1 Debuts

18. Mac Jones

Jones makes his QB Tiers debut with a 3.06 average, the 10th-best debut among 49 newcomers since 2015. Herbert (2.14), Prescott (2.52), Mayfield (2.53), Garoppolo (2.58), Burrow (2.58), Watson (2.60), Murray (2.68), Wentz (2.92) and Cousins (2.93) made higher debuts. Mahomes was lower simply because he had started only one game, so voters placed him in Tier 4 provisionally for lack of evidence.

“Mac is going to make good decisions — he sees it,” a defensive coordinator said. “But I don’t think he can carry the game by himself. To me, he is going to be like a Kirk Cousins type where if their team around him is good then I think they will make the playoffs and maybe do some damage.”

Voters respected the way Jones succeeded in a high-pressure environment at Alabama, then went to another high-pressure situation in New England and reached the playoffs as a rookie. A head coach who faced Jones said the quarterback impressed him in live action, showing enough to suggest he might ascend into Tier 2. Others noted that Jones possessed no special traits.

“I think if Mac Jones wasn’t in New England and with that hype machine, maybe he would be viewed a little differently,” a coach from an AFC East rival said. “If Mac Jones was in Jacksonville last year, how would he have been? How would people feel about him?”

No one is comparing New England to Jacksonville, but voters did express consternation over the Patriots’ handling of their offensive staff following Josh McDaniels’ departure to the Raiders.

“I think Mac Jones is doing all the right things, but is New England helping him?” an offensive coach said. “We have been told his quarterback coach is Joe Judge, and I can’t name the last time he’s developed any quarterbacks. The head coach is more involved, but there are 57 other moving parts on any given day that Bill Belichick must attend to. Unless Bill gets 48 hours in a 24-hour day, then he is not getting enough time to develop a quarterback.”

• Like 2
  • Love 1

9 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

That's truly the danger of being a control freak and having a roster that doesn't have much top level talent.  You can win games with coaching but you're always going to be chasing the teams with better rosters.

I think this comment below is something I never considered, but is completely accurate. When they went on that 7-game run last year, the hype machine was in full tilt. It was relatively true to the extent they throttled Mayfield, squeaked by the Chargers, and shredded the Titans, but there was a lot of defense doing the work, and Jones just not screwing up.

“I think if Mac Jones wasn’t in New England and with that hype machine, maybe he would be viewed a little differently,” a coach from an AFC East rival said. “If Mac Jones was in Jacksonville last year, how would he have been? How would people feel about him?”

• Like 1

New England Patriots' Mac Jones made 'tremendous strides' over offseason, Bill Belichick says

New England Patriots coach Bill Belichick said he's observed "dramatic improvement" from quarterback Mac Jones as he enters his second NFL season.

"He's made tremendous strides," Belichick said Tuesday morning, the day before the Patriots' first official practice of training camp.

"He did a great job last year, but he's starting from a much, much higher point this year from where he started last year. His offseason work has been significant, and I think everyone recognizes how well he prepares and how much further along he was than a year ago."

</snip>

• O Rly 2

Alaska Darin
9 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

I think this comment below is something I never considered, but is completely accurate. When they went on that 7-game run last year, the hype machine was in full tilt. It was relatively true to the extent they throttled Mayfield, squeaked by the Chargers, and shredded the Titans, but there was a lot of defense doing the work, and Jones just not screwing up.

I think Jones has a higher ceiling than most people do but it's 100% because he's always been surrounded by elite talent, so he hasn't put in the work on his game/body to be the best player he can be.

He appears to have a much deeper understanding of coverages but he'll always be limited by his average athleticism/arm strength.

I look at the Patriots and Fish pretty much the same way:  They were beneficiaries of their schedules.  They beat up on teams they were supposed to (including the ones they caught at less than full strength) but got seriously exposed when they saw elite competition.

• Like 2

Alaska Darin

I know everyone hates BB but I love the fact that he treats the media like the morons they are.

• Haha 2