Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

TakeYouToTasker 2.0

• 3 weeks later...
Crap Throwing Clavin
Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

I was kind of expecting them to give him an extension sometime this summer, post June. Now I'm certain of it. New agents need that money from a new deal after all. 

I was expecting them to trade him.  [/Doug Whaley]

• Angry 1
  • Wow 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

I was expecting them to trade him.  [/Doug Whaley]

I think there is a better than an even chance one of our vets is traded this off-season. One who is indeed in the last year of his contract.

• Sad 1

Alaska Darin
13 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

Perfect timing. The 'smartest fans' need something to ponder now that they were so wrong about Diggs.

This draft will tell us a lot about Poyer's future.  He's only got one more contract and Rosenhaus isn't known for taking below market deals.

You just can't pay everyone and JP21 isn't getting any younger.

• Like 1

RochesterRob
4 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

This draft will tell us a lot about Poyer's future.  He's only got one more contract and Rosenhaus isn't known for taking below market deals.

I'm thinking any more 2022 vet contract(s) go to a CB.  I think the Bills will expect Poyer to play 2022 under his current contract.  Then see where Poyer's condition and the Bills' cap is at.  

8 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

His wife was telling me last night how he really is hoping to get one more good contract.

I was like, "Bitch, you woke me up to tell me that?"

• Haha 4

50 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

Re-watching this past season, he had games where he was just lights out. I think he still has a lot of good football in him. Whether it will be with the bills or not remains to be seen.

• Like 1

Alaska Darin
2 minutes ago, Foxx said:

Re-watching this past season, he had games where he was just lights out. I think he still has a lot of good football in him. Whether it will be with the bills or not remains to be seen.

Not a dig at JP21 - one of my favorite players, but he turns 31 this month and is going to want to get paid.  I don't think we can throw huge money at safeties, even though they're pretty important to McDermott's defense.

It always comes back to "who do you pay?"  It's certainly possible that Poyer could be back next season but I wouldn't put a high probability on it if he wants to be paid top safety money (which he's earned). 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Foxx said:

Whether it will be with the bills or not remains to be seen.

Punctuation matters.  

Edited by Uncle Joe
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

Not a dig at JP21 - one of my favorite players, but he turns 31 this month and is going to want to get paid.  I don't think we can throw huge money at safeties, even though they're pretty important to McDermott's defense.

It always comes back to "who do you pay?"  It's certainly possible that Poyer could be back next season but I wouldn't put a high probability on it if he wants to be paid top safety money (which he's earned). 

Like you said, you can't pay everyone. We are going to have other players in the next couple years that are going to want to get paid. As someone else mentioned, notably Davis and Knox.

I love Poyer's energy and what he brings. Between him and Hyde, they allow us to do a lot of things, scheme wise, with our front seven. I'm confident that McBeane will figure it out. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Foxx said:

Like you said, you can't pay everyone. 
 I'm confident that McBeane will figure it out. 

In Beane we trust. It’s like he’s got a plan or something. You know, like a vision or a process, or something.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

23 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

His wife was telling me last night how he really is hoping to get one more good contract.

I was like, "Bitch, you woke me up to tell me that?"

You must have been really drunk to confuse her with Yabba. 

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Ann said:

Buffalo Bills All-Pro Sees Team Locking Up Stars And Wants Contract Extension Of His Own

</snip>

Rosenhaus on Friday told OutKick he has approached the Bills about a contract extension because Poyer would like to finish his career with the team.

</snip>

looks like the Bills found that vet to traded before the draft

can't have disgruntled players contaminating the locker room

8 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

He’s basing this guess on Bates restructuring and Steph’s extension which lowered his hit for 22...

Bills need a good chunk of the salary cap generated from Diggs extension for rookies