Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

TakeYouToTasker 2.0

Deranged Rhino
21 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

Bills need a good chunk of the salary cap generated from Diggs extension for rookies

True, but I think they freed up another 1.2 with Bates just yesterday or today. Haden (or vet CB2 post June) won't be too pricey on a one year rental.

Crap Throwing Clavin
37 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

True, but I think they freed up another 1.2 with Bates just yesterday or today. Haden (or vet CB2 post June) won't be too pricey on a one year rental.

Still, at the rate Beane is going, he's going to have to trade out of the first round to be able to afford to sign rookies.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Still, at the rate Beane is going, he's going to have to trade out of the first round to be able to afford to sign rookies.  

Better still would be if he traded away all of our picks so we wouldn't have any rookies to sign. 

Oh wait! Wrong thread for this. Thought I was in the unofficial 2022 Salary Cap Thread.

• Haha 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
Just now, Nanker said:

Better still would be if he traded away all of our picks so we wouldn't have any rookies to sign. 

Oh wait! Wrong thread for this. Thought I was in the unofficial 2022 Salary Cap Thread.

Of course.  Trade them for future draft picks, so we can rebulid this team after we have to cut Diggs, Miller, and Allen and eat that dead cap money.  Who doesn't want to own the entire 4th round of the 2025 draft?

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

14 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

not a bad plan to trade # 25 for multiple picks, includng a 1st next year.

just need to find a dysfunctional team witha coach trying to save his job, who will suck next year and give us back a high pick 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Ann said:

This Poyer nonsense is exactly why I ignored twitter for the first ten years of its existence.  He posts a smiley and people go nuts.

What if anything has he (or his wife) actually said regarding his contact?

I think most sensible fans have the same opinion:  love Poyer, but you can’t break the bank for him.  Every guy has a price based on his performance, position, age, and existing contract status, and that’s that. 

Bills have been fortunate to have a solid safety duo for a while now, but they need to have (and I’m sure they do) a plan in place for what that looks like in the next couple years.  Hopefully they can extend him by two years for reasonable money, or structure something with an out like Miller, but if he’s insisting on something at top of market it may be a bridge too far.

• Like 6
  • Wow 1

Alaska Darin
1 hour ago, KD in CA said:

This Poyer nonsense is exactly why I ignored twitter for the first ten years of its existence.  He posts a smiley and people go nuts.

What if anything has he (or his wife) actually said regarding his contact?

I think most sensible fans have the same opinion:  love Poyer, but you can’t break the bank for him.  Every guy has a price based on his performance, position, age, and existing contract status, and that’s that. 

Bills have been fortunate to have a solid safety duo for a while now, but they need to have (and I’m sure they do) a plan in place for what that looks like in the next couple years.  Hopefully they can extend him by two years for reasonable money, or structure something with an out like Miller, but if he’s insisting on something at top of market it may be a bridge too far.

I still don't have a twitter account because 99.9% of what's going on there highlights the very worst of humanity.

People are going to lose their minds when the BILLS don't extend Poyer and/or Hyde.  That's just how it works when guys wanna keep getting paid and they're on the wrong side of 30.  There's always the possibility of a home town discount but it's unlikely with DR as his new agent.  Poyer has never been an elite athlete, so his fall off will likely be quick.  Few DBs age well. 

I think the future at Safety is likely Hamlin/a draftee from this draft. 

• Like 4
  • Wow 1

On 4/8/2022 at 11:41 AM, Spartacus said:

looks like the Bills found that vet to traded before the draft

can't have disgruntled players contaminating the locker room

Rosenhaus is a known a-hole d-bag amongst GM's and other agents.  He gets results for his clients but it's not always pretty.  Poyer probably not disgruntled - yet. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Alaska Darin said:

I still don't have a twitter account because 99.9% of what's going on there highlights the very worst of humanity.

People are going to lose their minds when the BILLS don't extend Poyer and/or Hyde.  That's just how it works when guys wanna keep getting paid and they're on the wrong side of 30.  There's always the possibility of a home town discount but Poyer has never been an elite athlete, so his fall off will likely be quick.  Few DBs age well. 

I think the future at Safety is likely Hamlin/a draftee from this draft. 

I finally started looking at it b/c it was the only place to get reliable weather/traffic data for getting up to Tahoe during the December storms.  Now I have to resist the urge to read all these &#%$ing morons commenting on sports.  :wallbash:

• Like 2

On 4/9/2022 at 1:07 PM, Ninety-4 said:

Rosenhaus is a known a-hole d-bag amongst GM's and other agents.  He gets results for his clients but it's not always pretty.  Poyer probably not disgruntled - yet. 

if he hired Rosenhaus, he (or his wife) is not liking what he's hearing from the Bills

will likely depend on how much his wife pushes if this turns ugly for 2022

Alaska Darin
10 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

if he hired Rosenhaus, he (or his wife) is not liking what he's hearing from the Bills

will likely depend on how much his wife pushes if this turns ugly for 2022\

I don't blame any player for getting all they can, especially given they normally waste a lot of their money early in their careers.  I just don't see the BILLS paying a 32 year old safety big money.  He'll likely end up in someplace like Houston where they have plenty of money and need to bring in veterans who've had success to move the team forward.

• Like 3

On 4/9/2022 at 10:06 AM, Alaska Darin said:

It's primarily a bunch of crap, no doubt. And there are times I have to remind myself Twitter is NOT real life.

But I do enjoy seeing real-time updates at a speed no other can provide, and it's at its best at times like today, when Musk offers to buy it, and every single leftist you ever heard of, and millions more you never knew existed, are shitting themselves at breakneck speed in a manner I haven't seen since it became obvious that Trump was about to beat Hillary.

It's a meltdown for the ages. You don't walk away from $41B, and yet I'd bet a shiny nickel they will. There's a Twitter all-hands this afternoon, and it's going to be glorious to watch the fallout.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, IDBillzFan said:

It's primarily a bunch of crap, no doubt. And there are times I have to remind myself Twitter is NOT real life.

But I do enjoy seeing real-time updates at a speed no other can provide, and it's at its best at times like today, when Musk offers to buy it, and every single leftist you ever heard of, and millions more you never knew existed, are shitting themselves at breakneck speed in a manner I haven't seen since it became obvious that Trump was about to beat Hillary.

It's a meltdown for the ages. You don't walk away from $41B, and yet I'd bet a shiny nickel they will. There's a Twitter all-hands this afternoon, and it's going to be glorious to watch the fallout.

And it's not like Musk can somehow liquidate $41B of his other holdings, or realistically do a stock swap, to buy Twitter, either.  He could get financing from an investment bank, using SpaceX or Tesla holdings as collateral...but he hasn't even started that process yet.

So basically...he's just &#%$ing with the Twitterati.  It's beautiful.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

And it's not like Musk can somehow liquidate $41B of his other holdings, or realistically do a stock swap, to buy Twitter, either.  He could get financing from an investment bank, using SpaceX or Tesla holdings as collateral...but he hasn't even started that process yet.

in a company where the largest shareholding is Musk at 10%,

what % of ownership does he need to replace the Board? 

Deranged Rhino
28 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Okay, Tom. That was pretty good :classic_laugh: 

3 hours ago, Spartacus said:

will likely depend on how much his wife pushes if this turns ugly for 2022

I think his wife is reason enough to let him walk.  

29 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

in a company where the largest shareholding is Musk at 10%,

what % of ownership does he need to replace the Board? 

Probably 51%, which would make him the majority owner.

• Like 1