Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Sabres '20?- '21 season - Kreuger's Replacement?

GG1

9 minutes ago, Whatnot78 said:

Eichel - herniated disc in neck - surgery - out for rest of year.  

Sabres say he will be healthy for start of next season

Alaska Darin
3 hours ago, Whatnot78 said:

Eichel - herniated disc in neck - surgery - out for rest of year.  

If that's the case, why didn't they just have him get it months ago?  It's a neck injury, not a hip pointer.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

If that's the case, why didn't they just have him get it months ago?  It's a neck injury, not a hip pointer.

I could see Jack wanting to try and play through it. Hes a player, he had to be optimistic for the season..adding Hall and Staal, etc..hell i thought they would compete to. 

3 hours ago, Ann said:

Last game i remember being at in the Aud was 93, game 3 Sabres-Bruins...game before Mayday. 

in town for a wedding, girl from Buffalo marrying dude from Boston..that was night before wedding.

Wedding was at Holiday Inn on Grand Island, when it was nice and before they had swinger conventions there!

May Day game poor bride was getting upset pretty much all the males were in the bar watching the game instead of in the reception...so she had them bring in a TV on a stand into the ballroom and we all watched there LOL...man was that great celebrating while a bunch of Bruin fans were crying in their beer!

Sure i went to games during the holidays after that...but that game 3 is the last game i really remember there

On 4/12/2021 at 10:50 AM, GG1 said:

One would figure the Ducks would be a natural landing spot for Bjork.

I just got this post. Very good!

Chandemonium

Yesterday I sat down and watched a complete Sabres game from beginning to end for the first time in a couple years. Overall I’m a bigger hockey fan than football fan, but when you have 82 games and the team sucks it’s easy to lose interest and think I’ll just catch the next one, whereas when the Bills sucked I made it more of a point to watch knowing I would only have 16 opportunities. Plus I live in the south and they haven’t exactly been playing at a level that’s made me want to pony up for the Center Ice package, so I’m limited to watching the games that are on NBC. I’m looking forward to the playoffs just to get more hockey on TV down here, even though the Sabres will have traded in their sticks for golf clubs by then. 

• Cheers 1

30 minutes ago, Chandemonium said:

Yesterday I sat down and watched a complete Sabres game from beginning to end for the first time in a couple years. Overall I’m a bigger hockey fan than football fan, but when you have 82 games and the team sucks it’s easy to lose interest and think I’ll just catch the next one, whereas when the Bills sucked I made it more of a point to watch knowing I would only have 16 opportunities. Plus I live in the south and they haven’t exactly been playing at a level that’s made me want to pony up for the Center Ice package, so I’m limited to watching the games that are on NBC. I’m looking forward to the playoffs just to get more hockey on TV down here, even though the Sabres will have traded in their sticks for golf clubs by then. 

what did ya think? I only watched the highlights package on NHL.TV.

BTW, if ya still paying DTV, i highly, highly suggest going to YOU.TV and getting the NHL.TV package for next year. Prolly get it this year for like $10 now if you wanted to see the last ten games or so.

If you are worried about Sunday ticket, sure ya know someone who is in college...use their email and pay $99 for the year. Only 1 stream at a time, but if you buy the sports package through Youtube you can have redzone on one TV streaming through youtube, stream through Sunday ticket on your main TV for the Bills..and another game on TV using an antenna. 

BTW, at least at the moment very easy to share youtube account, so the $75 month split between say two hosueholds makes it a nobrainer compared to DTV.

More than happy to go into more detail, PM if ya like and can walk through all of it..the pros, cons etc.

Edited by plenzmd1

Chandemonium
5 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

what did ya think? I only watched the highlights package on NHL.TV.

BTW, if ya still paying DTV, i highly, highly suggest going to YOU.TV and getting the NHL.TV package for next year. Prolly get it this year for like $10 now if you wanted to see the last ten games or so.

If you are worried about Sunday ticket, sure ya know someone who is in college...use their email and pay $99 for the year. Only 1 stream at a time, but if you buy the sports package through Youtube you can have redzone on one TV streaming through youtube, stream through Sunday ticket on your main TV for the Bills..and another game on TV using an antenna. 

BTW, at least at the moment very easy to share youtube account, so the $75 month split between say two hosueholds makes it a nobrainer compared to DTV.

More than happy to go into more detail, PM if ya like and can walk through all of it..the pros, cons etc.

Tage Thompson in particular seeded to have a good game. Overall the team was very flat in the first but got their stuff together and showed up for the 2nd and 3rd. For a second I even thought they might pull off the late goal to force OT after they pulled the goalie, but after some initial good pressure they had trouble maintaining possession in the offensive zone.

As far as tv options I’m currently on the cheapest directv package, bundled with uverse internet. I was going to drop directv altogether because I don’t use it much, but when I called to cancel dropping down to the lowest package was only like $10 a month more than going to internet only. I haven’t been super happy with my internet speed lately so I I have been considering looking at different options for both tv and internet so I’ll keep your recommendations in mind if/when I decide to pull the trigger on changing things up. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ann said:

Freddie was quite possibly the worst coach in Buffalo sports history. And that includes Hank Bulliogh and Kay Stephenson. Those two guys has bad talent and could not coach them up at all. 

Freddie had decent to good talent, and actively made them worse. It was always most people’s biggest fear with him and why he needed to be fired... not the losing, but that he was going to take talents like Dahlin and ruin their careers. 

I know it’s a bet that I can never win, but I would give someone 100-1 that he will never even get an interview to be a head coach in the NHL again, let alone an actual job. 

• Sad 1

I would not be upset if Granato gets a shot at head coach next year.  Let me make my case for Donny as HC:

1. His years in USA Hockey Development and Wisconsin and the current play of our young guys suggests he can actually develop young talent.  As it looks like we are facing another rebuild so this is valuable experience.

2. He has no affiliation with the International Monetary Fund, the UN, or the World Economic Forum

3. He comes from a big hockey family. He played, he has coached at all levels, his brother and sister were accomplished players, his brother in law was kind of a douche but he played in the NHL.  In summary, hes a mudder.  His father was a mudder, his mother was a mudder.  Its in his veins.

4. He has never coached, managed, or been in the front office of a soccer club.

5. Sabres hockey is currently more enjoyable than watching any team Bylsma, Housely, or Krueger put on the ice.

6. He is American and not German-Swiss-Canadian in that order.

7. I do not trust that Kevyn Adams and the Pegulas will make a better choice. This was a decision by default and its the best coaching decision they have made since buying the Sabres.

8. He turned Jeff Skinner's game around 360 degrees.

• Like 3
  • Cheers 2
  • FANtastic 1

@Jauronimo, how can his father be a mudder? Maybe it was Donny WHO is on first base after all.

Man, the PP and the goalie let em down tonight. By far, Tokarski worst game..maybe this is who he is and why he went 6 years between wins?

4merper4mer
3 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

I would not be upset if Granato gets a shot at head coach next year.  Let me make my case for Donny as HC:

1. His years in USA Hockey Development and Wisconsin and the current play of our young guys suggests he can actually develop young talent.  As it looks like we are facing another rebuild so this is valuable experience.

2. He has no affiliation with the International Monetary Fund, the UN, or the World Economic Forum

3. He comes from a big hockey family. He played, he has coached at all levels, his brother and sister were accomplished players, his brother in law was kind of a douche but he played in the NHL.  In summary, hes a mudder.  His father was a mudder, his mother was a mudder.  Its in his veins.

4. He has never coached, managed, or been in the front office of a soccer club.

5. Sabres hockey is currently more enjoyable than watching any team Bylsma, Housely, or Krueger put on the ice.

6. He is American and not German-Swiss-Canadian in that order.

7. I do not trust that Kevyn Adams and the Pegulas will make a better choice. This was a decision by default and its the best coaching decision they have made since buying the Sabres.

8. He turned Jeff Skinner's game around 360 degrees.

Lol 360 degrees.