Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Sabres '20?- '21 season - Kreuger's Replacement?

GG1

On 3/30/2021 at 9:07 PM, ComradeKayAdams said:

CKA-17.jpg

By the way Comrade, I will probably save this only because I am sure that I will not be compared with Matt Damon again anytime soon 😆

• Cheers 1

So maybe goaltending matters.  Who knew? 😛

Sabres record through the game they lost in OT vs Joisey the night Ullmark broke: 6-8-3.

Sabres record with Linus on IR: 0-14-1.

Sabres record since Ullmark returned: 2-1-2.  And that's without Eichel, McCabe, & Borgen for all those games and Cozens in most of them & Mittelstadt as their #2 C in most of them (ever since Staal turned into draft picks & 1/2 his salary).

They've had a lead in every game since Linus came back and even had the lead when the puck dropped to start the 3rd in the regulation loss & horrific Phlyers game collapse.  

How much different would this season have been if Adams had sweetened the pot on any of his nearly consumated goalie trades this summer/fall before the league announced the introduction of taxi squads which gave teams with 3 NHL netminders the option to keep all 3 on the roster without exposing any to waivers AND Eichel didn't injure himself right before TC opened this December?

This team would not have been a laughing stock & MIGHT even have been in the playoffs as having an ACTUAL NHL tender to work w/ Linus would've had them better than 1-4-2 in games he hasn't played when available and certainly wouldn't have gone 5 weeks w/out a W while he was out.  And before the injury that shut him down, Eichel was essentially a PPG player even with playing through something (still believe he screwed up his right shoulder in that "training incident" that sidelined him at the beginning of camp); were he playing at his previous level, that also would've improved the squad.  

Really hoping they DON'T strip this team down to the studs again this off-season as they really are only a NHL quality netminder & a functional 2C from being perennially in the playoffs.  (Assumes they re-sign Ullmark; otherwise they need 2 goalies.)

Stinks that they don't have a full scouting staff in a year when they'll have high picks & there is so much uncertainty on what the draft will hold. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Ullmark was on fire in tonight's game.  I didn't know he becomes unrestricted this off-season.  Pay the man.

• Like 1

Alaska Darin
On 4/10/2021 at 2:06 PM, B-Man said:

Montour is the perfect microcosm for Sabre front office decision making.   Turning first round picks into future thirds...

Just now, Alaska Darin said:

Montour is the perfect microcosm for Sabre front office decision making.   Turning first round picks into future thirds...

Then would love to hear your thoughts on the other trade?   

4merper4mer
31 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

Staal?

Hall and Lazar got traded to Boston for a 2nd and some dude named Bjork.  I don’t think it is Ray Bjork.  

1 hour ago, 4merper4mer said:

Hall and Lazar got traded to Boston for a 2nd and some dude named Bjork.  I don’t think it is Ray Bjork.  

swedish-chef-ft-blog0617.jpg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, 4merper4mer said:

One would figure the Ducks would be a natural landing spot for Bjork.

• Haha 1

Alaska Darin

I don't have a problem with them compiling draft choices, especially for guys on expiring deals who you can't/don't want to keep.

My bigger point was we traded a big time asset for a guy who just a couple of years later is worth SIGNIFICANTLY less.  That's why we haven't made the playoffs since Christ was  a corporal.

• Like 1

Decent effort by the Sabres tonight.  Got a point.  Played hard and didn't back down when the Bruins were targeting our players.  Very physical hard hitting and hard skating game.

These no name kids are so much more fun to watch.   Still have a hard time finding the back of the neck, but it's a been of a lot more enjoyable.  

• Like 3