Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Sabres '20?- '21 season - Kreuger's Replacement?

GG1

10 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

So fun to be a Sabre fan

I love the Buffalo fan inferiority complex. Nothing in that video is people laughing at Buffalo. That right there was sympathy. 

8 hours ago, shrader said:

I love the Buffalo fan inferiority complex. Nothing in that video is people laughing at Buffalo. That right there was sympathy. 

Well, semantics. Yes it’s sympathy at how pathetic this team has been for 5 years. 

but I also have sympathy for Texans fans, and laugh at how dumb their ownership and and management has been.  

Do you not think every NHL fan looks at the Sabres and say what a joke they are ? Not their fans, the team. 

insure as hell do. 

50 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Well, semantics. Yes it’s sympathy at how pathetic this team has been for 5 years. 

but I also have sympathy for Texans fans, and laugh at how dumb their ownership and and management has been.  

Do you not think every NHL fan looks at the Sabres and say what a joke they are ? Not their fans, the team. 

insure as hell do. 

This is probably just semantics as well, but I don’t think the typical fan out there thinks about this team at all. I always got the same feel with the Bills up until the last five or so years ago, the other fans just don’t care. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

His skin looks even thinner in THAT photo.

And that's before the Covid 20 he gained in the last 12 months.

I was just out for a walk and a guy who spotted my Sabres shirt told me that it will be announced today that Eichel is being traded to the islanders for Leddy and 3 draft picks. He was with his young grandson, so I could break into laughter and tell him that a team would be immediately contracted if they made that deal. He’ll, when I got home I had to look and see that Leddy is actually on that team. 

1 hour ago, shrader said:

I was just out for a walk and a guy who spotted my Sabres shirt told me that it will be announced today that Eichel is being traded to the islanders for Leddy and 3 draft picks. He was with his young grandson, so I could break into laughter and tell him that a team would be immediately contracted if they made that deal. He’ll, when I got home I had to look and see that Leddy is actually on that team. 

Oh man, I would have puked on his grandson if I heard that.

Nice restraint!

2 minutes ago, snafu said:

Oh man, I would have puked on his grandson if I heard that.

Nice restraint!

Right as the guy said the trade, the little guy shouted out one of those cute little kid hellos. I think it was all a perfect of a devious plot by this guy, say something incredibly stupid and then immediately have the kid say something cute. This type of power needs to be harnessed for good... or perhaps for trade negotiations. 

4 minutes ago, shrader said:

Right as the guy said the trade, the little guy shouted out one of those cute little kid hellos. I think it was all a perfect of a devious plot by this guy, say something incredibly stupid and then immediately have the kid say something cute. This type of power needs to be harnessed for good... or perhaps for trade negotiations. 

Yeah, my last thought before hurling would have been "cute kid".

Watched only the recap this morning. Oh my, 45-18( or close) SOG. 55 and 26 pairing just getting abused, at least the highlights i saw. 

See Ralph said he expected a game like this from Risto cause of his battle with Covid...Then i see this tweet today 

This guy may be the most overmatched, overrated, coach in Buffalo sports history. Maybe Kay Stephenson? I was in college for Kay's year...so hard for me to comment to much on Kay.

But damn, being worse than Housley is saying something! The record is one thing..poop happens.

But to watch player after player after player regress and lose their is confidence is soul crushing certainly for fans, but has to be worse for the players.

Eichel, Skinner, Dahlin, , Montour...all shells of their former selves. How that can not be squarely on coaching. 

That what is most disheartening to me...Freddy is not just blowing this season, he is sinking the future of the franchise for the next 5 years.

• Sad 1

Let the pile on continue.   From The Athletic's Tim Graham:

Former Sabres captains weigh in on team’s woes: ‘A whole new kind of unwatchable’

The Athletic granted the captains anonymity because they might work for another NHL club or still get paid by the Sabres. Some contacted for this story declined to participate for those reasons. Others didn’t hold back.

Shared observations involved coach Ralph Krueger’s shortcomings, general manager Kevyn Adams’ inexperience, a failure to address their subpar goaltending and the need for veteran leaders to teach Jack Eichel how to be an effective captain.

The five former captains played for all four Sabres owners and served under four coaches. They played more than 4,600 NHL games.

All 30 Sabres who have worn the “C” are alive.

Getting out of that is up to the coach. The rah-rah days are gone in sports. “Let’s go out and kick their asses” doesn’t work with today’s players. Although I did like seeing Dylan Cozens fight Tuesday night. That was just a frustrated Western Hockey League kid who wanted to stand up and be counted. But that’s not enough.

I can’t figure out what style Krueger wants them to play. Maybe you can. “Confusion” might be what it’s called. So changing lines won’t do anything. You have to change your style. You can’t force a style if it doesn’t fit your roster. You have to roll out a style your players can provide. They have really good players with one goal or two goals.

A former Sabres captain who asked not to be described further

What I hear from my friends and ex-teammates throughout the league is not nice. The Sabres are a mess. As much as it hurts me to say, they’re a laughingstock. I don’t like hearing that. I had a lot of success in Buffalo. I’m proud of my time with the Sabres. I want them to be good, especially for the fans.

Players are getting crushed for their performance on the ice, but it goes a lot deeper than that. There isn’t any consistency within the organization. Leadership starts from the top and trickles down throughout, but there has been such a high rate of turnover at the top that it’s almost impossible to tell what the team’s identity is. Everything changes every couple years. You’re almost starting from scratch.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

haha, have some chores inside today so have the Sabre game on..ol Liam at end of 2nd intermission..

" people of Buffalo stay with us, we do have a 3rd period" ...acknowledging how awful the Sabres are, and also how much Buffalo drives TV ratings ...

My gut is Ralph coaches Tuesday just due to Covid protocols or something...but win , lose or draw he is gone on Tuesday night as soon as the game is finished

32 minutes ago, Ann said:

So, who wins more games this year? The Bills or the Sabres? :runaway:

Does the upcoming Bills total include playoffs?