Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Sabres '20?- '21 season - Kreuger's Replacement?

GG1

2 hours ago, Taro T said:

Sabres can have ~1,700 fans at games as of February 23.

Governor just announced that all arenas in state that are at least 10,000 seaters can open at 10% capacity.

Oh, thank you sire...........

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, shrader said:

I’d settle for a single game on tv at this point. I bought the sabre-only package this year so it’s been a slow week. 

For another $35 you can get the Amerks only AHL.tv package.  (Or $45 total for all AHL games.)

12 hours ago, bdutton said:

Jesus &#%$ing Christ what the &#%$ was that!

I don’t normally give that squad excuses, but 10 months off, 4 weeks on, another two weeks off and away you go! 

lost season again, will watch some, not watch others, wait for October. Hopefully jack is still on the team.  

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

I don’t normally give that squad excuses, but 10 months off, 4 weeks on, another two weeks off and away you go! 

lost season again, will watch some, not watch others, wait for October. Hopefully jack is still on the team.  

Yeah, but they're not even doing good basic hockey stuff.  You have 30 seconds of PP before the period ends, win a face off, but only manage one feeble shot before the horn?

• Angry 1

2 hours ago, GG1 said:

Yeah, but they're not even doing good basic hockey stuff.  You have 30 seconds of PP before the period ends, win a face off, but only manage one feeble shot before the horn?

So you're saying they're improving?

I would have expected them to give up a short-handed goal in that situation, especially with less than a minute left in the period.

• Sad 1

On 2/16/2021 at 9:41 PM, plenzmd1 said:

Skinner. “‘You can’t win if you don’t score”. Brilliant. 

freddie gots to go. 

It's been a decade and even a novice like myself can see the problem.

Oh, we need to upgrade our coaching,

Oh, we need to be a more physical team,

Oh, we need add more speed,

Oh, we need better goaltending.

For TEN YEARS we have been at or near the bottom in goals.

YOU HAVE TO SCORE MORE GOALS !!!

Even if we would lose 5 -4 at least it would be a more entertaining product.

EVERY move made from here on out should be made to add scorers...............screw that continuity bullshit.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GG1 said:

If I'm Pegula, I remove every creature comfort from this team.  If this is the effort they're putting in, she should respond in kind.  

i know i said i don't care about the season, but ice storms and covid restrictions mean i  watched this damn game.

Sick to my stomach watching these guys...and of course i am watching on DC TV..and  Lavy going off on how great Sheary is right now..

And, reminded again about how much better , and its not even close,how much better the Caps broadcast team is than the Sabres.

RJ and Razor need to go...they are both just awful.

• Like 1

I watched the condensed game on NHL TV.  

WTF was Dahlin doing on the short handed goal? He runs into Miller's corpse and gives up a short handed 2 on 0.  I don't think I've ever seen a short handed 2 on 0.  Full strength 2 on 0s are not common.  Dahlin has skills and great vision but defensively he is mediocre at best and frequently tragic.  Tage can thank Washington's over passing for baling him out of one upping Dahlin's miserable give away.  

3 posts in the first period could have changed things.  Skinner is the most snake bit player in the NHL. I have been saying goals will come for a month now.  I'm starting to think they aren't coming until Skinner is wearing another uniform.  

I think Cozens is going to be pretty good.

McCabe’s knee injury didn’t look promising.

Reinhart’s positioning on his goal was excellent. First, he went into the corner to keep the puck moving.  Then when he gave it back to Eichel he floated into a void in front instead of going back to the corner.  Eichel noticed and made a great pass for an easy tip in.

^^

That looks awesome....was just up in Tahoe for the week and was reading about this.  Checking out the pro-am golf tourney at that spot once COVID is over is on the bucket list.