Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Sabres '20?- '21 season - Kreuger's Replacement?

GG1

54 minutes ago, Taro T said:

It was beautiful until the sun melted the ice & the game had to be delayed until midnight Eastern.

Even when the NHL does something right, they mess it up.

At a time where they can’t have fans at the game, I have no idea why the league scheduled that game. It had to be a big money loss for them, even before the ice issues. 

2 hours ago, shrader said:

At a time where they can’t have fans at the game, I have no idea why the league scheduled that game. It had to be a big money loss for them, even before the ice issues. 

Probably because it is in a TV contract somewhere.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, shrader said:

1 hour ago, snafu said:

Probably because it is in a TV contract somewhere.

Would guess that it was what the NHL was offering up to NBC to make up for no Winter Classic this year, which is what NBC usually used as the kickoff to its OTA game schedule.

(Speculating here) Could also have been a test balloon to see if they could pull off a daytime outdoor game in "nice" weather without needing ridiculously large refrigeration systems so if they still have to have limited indoor seating at games next season they could've had an alternate plan of playing a reasonably significant # of games outdoors to still get reasonable #'s of fans attending games overall.  (It is still a league that derives a significant portion of its revenues from in person attendance (tickets & concessions).  That one went over like a lead zeppelin. 

Buff snooz predicting Skinner to be healthy scratch based on practice demotion.   No update on McCabe yet.   Borgen held out of practice with possible hand injury.  

• Angry 2
  • Doh! 1

13 minutes ago, GG1 said:

Buff snooz predicting Skinner to be healthy scratch based on practice demotion.   No update on McCabe yet.   Borgen held out of practice with possible hand injury.  

A $9MM healthy scratch w/ 6 more years left on his deal.

Mr. DiPietro, we've found the contract worse than yours.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Hoping it isn't, but expecting McCabe's injury to be season ending.  That knee buckled funny and he couldn't even have his weight on it moving straight forward afterwards.  Horribly bad luck.  He's thrown checks like that a few 1000x with no ill effects & that same type of hit happens 100k's of times each season with no ill effects.

Best case is it was some cartilage damage & something he can play through once the swelling stops.  Expecting it to be ligaments & longer term.  Which stinks, he's been their best defender this season & playing at a very consistent level.

• Sad 1

15 hours ago, Taro T said:

Hoping it isn't, but expecting McCabe's injury to be season ending.  That knee buckled funny and he couldn't even have his weight on it moving straight forward afterwards.  Horribly bad luck.  He's thrown checks like that a few 1000x with no ill effects & that same type of hit happens 100k's of times each season with no ill effects.

Best case is it was some cartilage damage & something he can play through once the swelling stops.  Expecting it to be ligaments & longer term.  Which stinks, he's been their best defender this season & playing at a very consistent level.

yep, and I cant believe i am going to type this..but Risto out really hurts as well as they were playing very good hockey.

And maybe somehow he can change my mind..but Ralph and his personnel decisions will be his downfall. Started last year with Skinner and Pilut, continues with his insistence of playing Okposo, and lord knows the stats dudes been saying since last year Borgen was ready, and he would not be up if not for injury.

Test tonight for sure...win maybe gets me a tad hopeful

24 minutes ago, Ann said:

man, that 16-4-4 run was fun...i

remember the next year like yesterday too...go into DC for a massive game..both teams tied for 8th place. Sabres were on a similar run to year before...and Pommer scored another great shorty beating Ovechkin to a loose puck, and my kids thought we were gunna get in a fight in the Verizon Center!...and we thought ..awesome, we are in the drivers seat. Then they lost to Toronto....and the season was lost!

That started the whole downfall and the muck we have been in for the last 10 years

41 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

man, that 16-4-4 run was fun...i

remember the next year like yesterday too...go into DC for a massive game..both teams tied for 8th place. Sabres were on a similar run to year before...and Pommer scored another great shorty beating Ovechkin to a loose puck, and my kids thought we were gunna get in a fight in the Verizon Center!...and we thought ..awesome, we are in the drivers seat. Then they lost to Toronto....and the season was lost!

That started the whole downfall and the muck we have been in for the last 10 years

The last sabre playoff game was in April of 2011. I met my wife in may of 2011. I know what I have to do. 

• Wow 3
  • Haha 4

They deserved a better fate tonight.

Rieder injuring his shoulder & Sheahan being in the box ended up dooming that final PK.  Eivhel & Eakin weren't in sync & Jokiharju ended up getting himself out of position due to that.

Had a couple of posts & then the clean breakaway by Mittelstadt.  There were chances to get one or 2 more.

Ullmark played well.

To be back on a playoff pace they needed to go 4-1-0 out of the quarantine.  At best they'll be 2-3-0.  Not good enough. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Taro T said:

To be back on a playoff pace they needed to go 4-1-0 out of the quarantine.  At best they'll be 2-3-0.  Not good enough. 

This is the key...way pass the time for  moral victories against the stinking Isles. Skinner needs to be on the ice, Jack needs to get his head out of ass. He is sure playing like someone who has mentally checked out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

This is the key...way pass the time for  moral victories against the stinking Isles. Skinner needs to be on the ice, Jack needs to get his head out of ass. He is sure playing like someone who has mentally checked out.

Still don't believe Eichel has checked out.  Guys that have checked out don't break up multiple passes on a single shift.

Believe he's dealing with a right shoulder injury which is affecting his accuracy & also his ability to stick handle under tight pressure.

When he has some space, his passing is as good as it's ever been, but under pressure passes that used to go tape to tape are off a smidge.  He's also finding posts at a prodigious rate.  In past seasons those shots went off the post & in.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Taro T said:

Still don't believe Eichel has checked out.  Guys that have checked out don't break up multiple passes on a single shift.

Believe he's dealing with a right shoulder injury which is affecting his accuracy & also his ability to stick handle under tight pressure.

When he has some space, his passing is as good as it's ever been, but under pressure passes that used to go tape to tape are off a smidge.  He's also finding posts at a prodigious rate.  In past seasons those shots went off the post & in.

His passing and playmaking have been noticeable, particularly on the PP but overall I think he looks slow and ineffective 5 on 5.  Bad turnovers continue to plague him which are more noticeable since his line isn't producing.  No one will tell him that dumping the puck in on net is a gift to the defense breaking out of the zone.  His body language looks like a man defeated.  I don't know what the f@#$ he was doing on that PK that decided the game.  I would have rather seen Cozens out there.  He is relentless.