Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Sabres '20?- '21 season - Kreuger's Replacement?

GG1

21 hours ago, GG1 said:

Can the streak finally be broken?

i really thought last night they would get lucky, get a few freak goals..have a couple practices under them...and possibly win last night. Put $50 on ML at +275...i dunno, they have to win sometime no?

• Like 1

Just when you thought this season couldn't get any weirder.

Buffalo Sabres interim coach Don Granato and assistant Matt Ellis have been placed in the NHL’s COVID-19 protocol.

The development leaves general manager Kevyn Adams taking over behind the bench for Buffalo’s game at Pittsburgh on Thursday night.

• Like 1

So long, Eric Staal, we hardly even knew yah.

Going to the Club Habitons for a 2021 3rd & 5th.  Not a bad get for his production this year.

• Cheers 1

13 hours ago, Ann said:

I will re-post my feelings on this.

On 2/18/2021 at 7:21 PM, B-Man said:

It's been a decade and even a novice like myself can see the problem.

Oh, we need to upgrade our coaching,

Oh, we need to be a more physical team,

Oh, we need add more speed,

Oh, we need better goaltending.

For TEN YEARS we have been at or near the bottom in goals.

YOU HAVE TO SCORE MORE GOALS !!!

Even if we would lose 5 -4 at least it would be a more entertaining product.

EVERY move made from here on out should be made to add scorers...............screw that continuity bullshit.

48 minutes ago, B-Man said:

I will re-post my feelings on this.

Who'd want to continue with the current product!?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Ann said:

Who'd want to continue with the current product!?

Everyone wants to blow the team up. Trade everyone worth trading and start from scratch. I'm not sure thats the solution. 

• Like 1

Rumor mill has Sabres hiring Karmanos as Asst Gm and possibly adding Jim Rutherford in a senior advisory role.  Will be a big move towards getting back to NHL status.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, GG1 said:

Rumor mill has Sabres hiring Karmanos as Asst Gm and possibly adding Jim Rutherford in a senior advisory role.  Will be a big move towards getting back to NHL status.

I seen that yesterday, got my fingers crossed for some much needed help.

12 hours ago, Figster said:

Everyone wants to blow the team up. Trade everyone worth trading and start from scratch. I'm not sure thats the solution. 

Year 10 of the rebuild... I get it. But look at what happened with the Bills. I wish the same for the Sabres. It may take a few years, a competent plan (which they may have, I don't know),  a strip-down,  and then a process + patience may be necessary. And yes, that is difficult to swallow when they have not made the playoff in a hundred years.

• Cheers 1

51 minutes ago, Ann said:

Year 10 of the rebuild... I get it. But look at what happened with the Bills. I wish the same for the Sabres. It may take a few years, a competent plan (which they may have, I don't know),  a strip-down,  and then a process + patience may be necessary. And yes, that is difficult to swallow when they have not made the playoff in a hundred years.

Big fan of Jack, I think Linus has the makings of a top notch NHL goaltender. I like our backup now. Big fan of the Rhino and Risto, I like allot of our current players. Even Hall and Skinner who have had a real hard time getting there act together. Out of sync and need of a better plan/ planner is what I see. Remove the C on Jacks back, relieve some of the added pressure, keep the Nucleus of the team intact is what I would like to see happen.

Thanks Ann, for the reply.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Figster said:

Big fan of Jack, I think Linus has the makings of a top notch NHL goaltender. I like our backup now. Big fan of the Rhino and Risto, I like allot of our current players. Even Hall and Skinner who have had a real hard time getting there act together. Out of sync and need of a better plan/ planner is what I see. Remove the C on Jacks back, relieve some of the added pressure, keep the Nucleus of the team intact is what I would like to see happen.

Thanks Ann, for the reply.

You like the backup? Carter Hutton, the guy with the 3.47 goals against average and the 0.886 save percentage? There’s maybe 3 or 4 goalies in the league who have played at least as many games as him who have worse numbers. He may very well be the worst backup goalie in the league. Fortunately he’s gone at the end of the year. 

1 hour ago, shrader said:

You like the backup? Carter Hutton, the guy with the 3.47 goals against average and the 0.886 save percentage? There’s maybe 3 or 4 goalies in the league who have played at least as many games as him who have worse numbers. He may very well be the worst backup goalie in the league. Fortunately he’s gone at the end of the year. 

Lol, can't stand Hutton. Dustin Toxarski is the Sabres backup as far as I'm concerned even if hes not technically.

55 minutes ago, Figster said:

Lol, can't stand Hutton. Dustin Toxarski is the Sabres backup as far as I'm concerned even if hes not technically.

And he hadn’t played in the NHL since 2016. As bad as things are now in net, they could possibly get even worse. I’m not so sure there’s a market for Ullmark or that he’ll ever be anything more than an average NHL goalie, but he could very easily leave at the end of the year. They don’t have any NHL bodies under contract for next year at this point. 

21 minutes ago, shrader said:

And he hadn’t played in the NHL since 2016. As bad as things are now in net, they could possibly get even worse. I’m not so sure there’s a market for Ullmark or that he’ll ever be anything more than an average NHL goalie, but he could very easily leave at the end of the year. They don’t have any NHL bodies under contract for next year at this point. 

Nothing wrong with Ullmark goaltending last night. If Sabres lose or trade him they deserve another losing season IMO.

Edited by Figster

4 hours ago, Figster said:

Nothing wrong with Ullmark goaltending last night. If Sabres lose or trade him they deserve another losing season IMO.

He’s a free agent at the end of the year. If he doesn’t want to be here he’s gone. Who could blame him if he does want to leave?

26 minutes ago, shrader said:

He’s a free agent at the end of the year. If he doesn’t want to be here he’s gone. Who could blame him if he does want to leave?

This is true unfortunately,

My hopes are we get some added help in management and the team itself continues to improve enough to show our best players there can still be a good future for them in here in Buffalo.

Ullmark to me is the Sabres MVP right now IMO. I really don't want to lose him.

• Cheers 1

On 3/29/2021 at 8:49 PM, B-Man said:

Sabres up 3 - 0 over the Flyers entering the 3rd period.

b93c1ec556077ab31ce732b9cae4155f_w200.gi

You just picked the wrong night to post that.

• Wow 1
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 1