Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

News and Opinions

Ann

Keukasmallie

Just rereading the posts on this page makes me a bit ashamed to be a US citizen.  I served four years in the USN, but I'd have to think long and hard before I'd make any such sacrifice for the present "leadership" of this country.  For the "elevendieth twentieth" time:  340,000,000 million folks [not counting those pouring over the border illegally] in  this country and the best we can do is send the former vice president to 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue for four tortuous years?

57 minutes ago, Keukasmallie said:

Just rereading the posts on this page makes me a bit ashamed to be a US citizen.  I served four years in the USN, but I'd have to think long and hard before I'd make any such sacrifice for the present "leadership" of this country.  For the "elevendieth twentieth" time:  340,000,000 million folks [not counting those pouring over the border illegally] in  this country and the best we can do is send the former vice president to 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue for four tortuous years?

Nobody in their right mind wants to be President of the United States.

Especially not with social media. This present turd, and the turd before him, and the turd he beat, and the two-term turd before her, and turd (son of turd) before that, and turd’s husband before him.

Which one was what you’d consider “the best we could do”?  Which of the candidates who fell by the wayside in any of those elections was “the best we could do”?  The problem is that the public rips each one to shreds on a daily basis.  And each one feels the necessity to appear every day to get ripped to shreds. I believe that’s not a “President problem”.  That’s an “us problem”.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Keukasmallie said:

For the "elevendieth twentieth" time:  340,000,000 million folks [not counting those pouring over the border illegally] in  this country and the best we can do is send the former vice president to 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue for four tortuous years?

This seems like I'm being an ass, but I genuinely mean this: it's incredible to me that this president has managed to shit the bed with such epic speed, to the extent that it sounds even more incredible to me -- almost impossibly unbelievable -- that he has three more freaking years ahead of him.

Three more years of this.

image.jpeg.1fa6a27d0a7eb785cc07fbbcb29c905f.jpeg

Keukasmallie
1 hour ago, snafu said:

Nobody in their right mind wants to be President of the United States.

Especially not with social media. This present turd, and the turd before him, and the turd he beat, and the two-term turd before her, and turd (son of turd) before that, and turd’s husband before him.

Which one was what you’d consider “the best we could do”?  Which of the candidates who fell by the wayside in any of those elections was “the best we could do”?  The problem is that the public rips each one to shreds on a daily basis.  And each one feels the necessity to appear every day to get ripped to shreds. I believe that’s not a “President problem”.  That’s an “us problem”.

Well, that's a point of view that I understand, but don't entirely accept.  Take the "best we could do" preceeding the current "best we could do."  That'd be the Trump guy.  I liked many of the things accomplished while he was in office, e.g., pursuing a foreign affairs policy of standing up to bullies, e.g., China; many domestic policies, e.g., walling off (figuratively and literally) the southern border.  He soldiered on in the face of the most negative media storm ever unleashed on a resident of 1600 Pennsylvania Ave.  On the other hand, as a person Trump was not Presidential in any manner of speaking, e.g., his use of Twitter (which demonstrated his ignorance for all to see).

The only thing I like about the current "best we could do" is that he's an unending source of comedic speech, failing policies, and an object of pity in that he's a poster "person" for elder abuse.

• Like 2

Keukasmallie
16 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

This seems like I'm being an ass, but I genuinely mean this: it's incredible to me that this president has managed to shit the bed with such epic speed, to the extent that it sounds even more incredible to me -- almost impossibly unbelievable -- that he has three more freaking years ahead of him.

Three more years of this.

image.jpeg.1fa6a27d0a7eb785cc07fbbcb29c905f.jpeg

Not really surprising when you figure he's had nigh on fifty years to hone his lack of skills to a keen edge.

• Wow 1

1 hour ago, Keukasmallie said:

Well, that's a point of view that I understand, but don't entirely accept.  Take the "best we could do" preceeding the current "best we could do."  That'd be the Trump guy.  I liked many of the things accomplished while he was in office, e.g., pursuing a foreign affairs policy of standing up to bullies, e.g., China; many domestic policies, e.g., walling off (figuratively and literally) the southern border.  He soldiered on in the face of the most negative media storm ever unleashed on a resident of 1600 Pennsylvania Ave.  On the other hand, as a person Trump was not Presidential in any manner of speaking, e.g., his use of Twitter (which demonstrated his ignorance for all to see).

The only thing I like about the current "best we could do" is that he's an unending source of comedic speech, failing policies, and an object of pity in that he's a poster "person" for elder abuse.

I had what you posted in mind when I included Trump in my list. 
Even though his policies were good, he was divisive and thought being more divisive was a good idea. That’s the best we could do?

Keukasmallie
25 minutes ago, snafu said:

I had what you posted in mind when I included Trump in my list. 
Even though his policies were good, he was divisive and thought being more divisive was a good idea. That’s the best we could do?

If you always do what you always did, you always get what you always got....

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Foxx said:

12 minutes ago  (CNN) Six teenagers were arrested and charged with murder following a drive-by shooting outside a high school in Des Moines, Iowa, on Monday ...

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, B-Man said:

12 minutes ago  (CNN) Six teenagers were arrested and charged with murder following a drive-by shooting outside a high school in Des Moines, Iowa, on Monday ...

Drug-related.

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, Foxx said:

When I was at USCIS, I worked with a guy involved with this guy's capture.  Interesting story.  

When he tried to enter the country, he was denied entry because the Customs agent who interviewed him for entry thought he was the scariest guy he'd ever met.  And that agent was an ex-SEAL.  

al-Qahtani was ultimately captured in Tora Bora after holding off a couple of squads of American infantry single-handedly.  It took about a year to properly identify him and connect him to his entry attempt, which then connected him to bin Laden as one of his top body guards.  That led to a months-long effort to exhume mass graves at Tora Bora to see if bin Laden was among the dead.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

When I was at USCIS, I worked with a guy involved with this guy's capture.  Interesting story.  

When he tried to enter the country, he was denied entry because the Customs agent who interviewed him for entry thought he was the scariest guy he'd ever met.  And that agent was an ex-SEAL.  

al-Qahtani was ultimately captured in Tora Bora after holding off a couple of squads of American infantry single-handedly.  It took about a year to properly identify him and connect him to his entry attempt, which then connected him to bin Laden as one of his top body guards.  That led to a months-long effort to exhume mass graves at Tora Bora to see if bin Laden was among the dead.

Makes me wonder what they mean by 'mental health treatment'.

Crap Throwing Clavin
11 minutes ago, Uncle Joe said:

Makes me wonder what they mean by 'mental health treatment'.

Interesting trivia: Islam invented "mental health treatment":

https://www.amazon.com/Abu-Zayd-al-Balkhis-Sustenance-Soul/dp/1565645995

I have this book.  It's interesting reading.  Strip out the religious references - which are pretty light, not the least bit overbearing - and it's the same as modern talk therapy.

Islam's "Golden Age" - about 800-1100 CE, in modern Iraq and Iran - was a surprisingly forward-thinking and creative culture.  It's a shame that al-Ghazali's reactionary philosophy and the Mongol destruction of Persia led Islam to be the moribund, paranoid system it is today.  

• Like 1

Keukasmallie

This just in:  We are suffering the most ignorant fool of modern times in the White House.  He's examining purchasing oil from at least two dictatorships when we're nearly awash with oil here in the good ol' US of A.  

Joey, wake up man, here's the plan you need to put in place like yesterday:  Re-open the two pipelines, drop most of the regulations against oil production, promote oil producers using their current leases.  Tell the eco-freaks to take a seat in the back of the bus for a bit.  Show some cojones hombre!

The EU is set to meet this week and focus on plans to divest themselves of any reliance on Russia for oil.  Joey, this is a grreat opportunity to court a major customer for surplus USA oil production.  Get on the stick, you dumb ass!

Edited by Keukasmallie
Added some more current news.
  • Like 1
  • Wow 1
  • Cheers 3
  • Boo 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
7 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

• They're named for Jorōgumo, a creature of Japanese folklore that can shapeshift into a woman or spider before killing its prey.

Why does this make me think @Joe is in big trouble?

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

• They're named for Jorōgumo, a creature of Japanese folklore that can shapeshift into a woman or spider before killing its prey.

Why does this make me think @Joe is in big trouble?

kill them all with fire and without prejudice