Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

COVID-19 Viruses and Vaccines

Foxx

23 minutes ago, Fansince88 said:

So you are 100% sure this kid has received no emotional harm?

I am 100% sure that by this criteria for emotional harm, dressing the child in the morning is an offense that could be tried in the Hague.

20 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

I am 100% sure that by this criteria for emotional harm, dressing the child in the morning is an offense that could be tried in the Hague.

So you are going to be a moron about this and insist on answering every question including why you called me magnetic because you have no clue what the story is about and had nothing to do with me. FYI, I'm done with this conversation. A conversation I would love to have with you but this is not one. Also, Go Bills

Beer__League__Hockey
1 hour ago, Jauronimo said:

He said Zed was a good guy.  I don't know if you saw Pulp Fiction but Zed only had one friend and it was the guy in the pic.  Asking a guy in jest if he's a fictional character does not meet the criteria for an ad-hominem attack.  I would hope a guy with a predilection for discussing sado-masochism, gimps, and ball gags to make a point would be up for a little banter. 

Point taken, though. Hold the banter, green light on S&M.

I thought your response was funny.  You original point was asinine, hence the best analogy that I could think of in 30 sec or less.  You're not looking for an actual discussion, so you ain't getting one from me.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, GG1 said:

I can wait.

Back on child abuse.  Please comment on the medical science of requiring masks for asthmatic kids, and whether restricting airflow to asthmatics constitutes child abuse.

masks are no more than virtue signalling and provide minimal protection to the covid virus particle.

4 hours ago, Fansince88 said:

So you are going to be a moron about this and insist on answering every question including why you called me magnetic because you have no clue what the story is about and had nothing to do with me. FYI, I'm done with this conversation. A conversation I would love to have with you but this is not one. Also, Go Bills

Please refrain from personal attacks on this side of the world.

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

Not sure if you have children but putting a mask on anyone so young is borderline psychotic.  My kid who is close to that age can barely accept wearing a hat, forget a mask. 

Thank God us Canucks have more sense than that.

• FANtastic 1

4 hours ago, BeerLeagueHockey said:

I thought your response was funny.  You original point was asinine, hence the best analogy that I could think of in 30 sec or less.  You're not looking for an actual discussion, so you ain't getting one from me.

The original point stands.  You can take a short video of a 2 year old throwing a tantrum over just about anything.  Its asinine to think that because they are crying the actions must constitute abuse.  

Cheapening something tragic like child abuse just to dunk on the Governor is rather low in my book.

7 hours ago, Meazza said:

Please refrain from personal attacks on this side of the world.

Sorry, I jump between the two subs didn't realize where I was. While he did drag this out of me that is no excuse. This world of abuse is a bit personal to me as I was raise aside several foster kids as my parents took them in for nearly 15 years. That is a real world and I have seen a lot. Will be more careful. 

• Like 1

:facepalm:

Foreign workers could replace NY’s unvaccinated hospital, nursing home staffers: Hochul

The nearly 20 percent of workers at hospitals and nursing homes who refuse to get vaccinated against COVID-19 will be replaced — potentially by foreigners — once the state’s mandate goes into effect next week, Gov. Kathy Hochul said Wednesday.

Hochul told reporters in Rochester that she hoped that all unvaccinated employees would meet Monday’s deadline.

“To those who won’t, we’ll be replacing people. And I have a plan that’s going to be announced very shortly,” she said.

“We’ve identified a whole range of opportunities we have to help supplement them.”

Hochul said state officials were “working closely with various hospital systems to find out where we can get other individuals to come in and supplement places like nursing homes.”

“We’re also reaching out to the Department of State to find out about visas for foreign workers, on a limited basis, to bring more nurses over here,” she said. ...

• Angry 1

3 minutes ago, Foxx said:

:facepalm:

Foreign workers could replace NY’s unvaccinated hospital, nursing home staffers: Hochul

The nearly 20 percent of workers at hospitals and nursing homes who refuse to get vaccinated against COVID-19 will be replaced — potentially by foreigners — once the state’s mandate goes into effect next week, Gov. Kathy Hochul said Wednesday.

Hochul told reporters in Rochester that she hoped that all unvaccinated employees would meet Monday’s deadline.

“To those who won’t, we’ll be replacing people. And I have a plan that’s going to be announced very shortly,” she said.

“We’ve identified a whole range of opportunities we have to help supplement them.”

Hochul said state officials were “working closely with various hospital systems to find out where we can get other individuals to come in and supplement places like nursing homes.”

“We’re also reaching out to the Department of State to find out about visas for foreign workers, on a limited basis, to bring more nurses over here,” she said. ...

Should start at the question.

• Like 1

Don't look now, but the 7-day moving avg. of new cases in the US is down to early August levels, despite schools being open for a month.  Florida is at 2-month low and dropping fast.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

Point taken, could have used better  choice of words. I did not mean to offend people. 

what I should have said is I think the benefits of the vaccine/therapeutic are clear, I have not seen an argument against them that I personally buy. 

however, as the saying goes with speech, I would defend to the death your right not to take it. 

The biggest reason to not get the vaccine is that we still don't know the LT side effects (if any) & we won't know what they are for quite some time.  Heck, the application to get the Pfizer vaccine approved still has on going studies that won't be completed until 2023.  Haven't seen the Moderna nor J&J applications, but expect they have uncompleted trials undergoing as well.

We get shouted at that the vaccines are completely safe & that only selfish people won't get vaccinated and that if one isn't vaccinated then one should withdraw completely from society.  But there is no mention of how to handle the cases of individuals that are allergic to the various vaccines.  There also are very few studies on whether / how effective vaccines are for those who have been infected with COVID.  Have seen several reports that naturally acquired immunity is an order of magnitude or so more effective than the vaccine is.  Which seems very plausible, but haven't had an opportunity to research it fully myself.

There are also anecdotal reports of young people getting myocarditis (sp?) and other serious conditions from catching the virus & from getting the vaccine.  Would be nice to see actual hard data on those but so far those studies don't seem to be readily available.

With all that, it is understandable why some won't get the vaccine.  Would probably be more effective at getting those hesitant to take the jab to lay out the pros and cons in a non-emotional manner and not tell them they're pariahs if they don't get the jab , but that seems beyond our political leaders' and our mass media's capabilities. 

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Taro T said:

With all that, it is understandable why some won't get the vaccine.  Would probably be more effective at getting those hesitant to take the jab to lay out the pros and cons in a non-emotional manner and not tell them they're pariahs if they don't get the jab , but that seems beyond our political leaders' and our mass media's capabilities. 

To paraphrase something I saw recently: if there needs to be incentives, then bribes, then threats, then mandates to get people to get a free shot designed to save their life, perhaps it's worth questioning why all of that is taking place.

Frankly, I won't be convinced until all the late night comic shows do a special one-night-only event like they're doing for climate change. THEN you know they're serious.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I fully respect one's right not to get the vaccine.  I do hope that those who are not vaccinated respect the other safety measures such as social distancing, wearing a mask where required, etc.  There is an absolute to be adhered to in this matter:  Your right to choose is absolute up to the point you infringe on my right to choose.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Taro T said:

The biggest reason to not get the vaccine is that we still don't know the LT side effects (if any) & we won't know what they are for quite some time.  Heck, the application to get the Pfizer vaccine approved still has on going studies that won't be completed until 2023.  Haven't seen the Moderna nor J&J applications, but expect they have uncompleted trials undergoing as well.

We get shouted at that the vaccines are completely safe & that only selfish people won't get vaccinated and that if one isn't vaccinated then one should withdraw completely from society.  But there is no mention of how to handle the cases of individuals that are allergic to the various vaccines.  There also are very few studies on whether / how effective vaccines are for those who have been infected with COVID.  Have seen several reports that naturally acquired immunity is an order of magnitude or so more effective than the vaccine is.  Which seems very plausible, but haven't had an opportunity to research it fully myself.

There are also anecdotal reports of young people getting myocarditis (sp?) and other serious conditions from catching the virus & from getting the vaccine.  Would be nice to see actual hard data on those but so far those studies don't seem to be readily available.

That reason could be used not to take most drugs on the market.  I really don't think the same level of scrutiny is applied to all other pharma products.

As I understand it, there are zero instances in the history of vaccines where adverse side effects manifested years in the future.  The side effects of vaccines are known in the first month including the Covid vax.  This argument like many others is based on misinformation.  3+ billion doses have been administered over the past year.  Based on everything I've read, if there were nasty side effects we would have already seen them.

Buffalo Bill Tommy Sweeney developed myocarditis after having Covid.

The best argument against the vax at this point in the game is that it doesn't guarantee immunity so whats the point?  If the vax means I have higher chance of never contracting the disease, or mild symptoms if I do, and it virtually guarantees that I won't leave my widow with $250k in debt after a month long stay in the ICU, then I think its worth it.  

• Cheers 1