Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Extreme Weather

Foxx

22 hours ago, KD in CA said:

Fort Meyers Beach looks like it's been wiped off the map almost completely.  Sad.

From what my mom told me, the son of her childhood friend HAD a very nice home in Ft Meyers.

• 1 month later...

Probably not news for those living in the Buffalo area but good to know for out of towners is a major snow event is unfolding over the next few days.  The most intense areas may see in excess of 36" inches of snow.  Travel may be impacted from Batavia to Ripley on I-90 and US20.  Plan accordingly and allow plenty of distance from your vehicle to the next should visibility dip.  Honestly, I wish I had a snowmobile to take up there.  My deceased BIL spoke of a nice trail system north of Buffalo and I know Chautauqua County has trails as well.  Stay safe.

• Cheers 2

I gotta call and see how things are going. According to my newsfeed, it is Armageddon. Oh, and it is a shame football isn't being played during Armageddon.  :classic_dry:

I remember back in 2014 looking down Transit road and seeing something similar. That was the year 7 feet fell down in Hamburg, and I had dry leaves in my backyard. I had messages on Twitter and Facebook "are you ok!?" and I was like "huh." I had to take photos to convince people that north of Buffalo, there wasn't any snow (there was very little in north Buffalo, but south Buffalo was slammed). 

Today's snow wall:

rem.jpg.1bf254e260cf5510c1a6c34eb84a5255.jpg

• Cheers 4

Crap Throwing Clavin
3 hours ago, Ann said:

I remember back in 2014 looking down Transit road and seeing something similar. That was the year 7 feet fell down in Hamburg, and I had dry leaves in my backyard. I had messages on Twitter and Facebook "are you ok!?" and I was like "huh." I had to take photos to convince people that north of Buffalo, there wasn't any snow (there was very little in north Buffalo, but south Buffalo was slammed). 

Today's snow wall:

rem.jpg.1bf254e260cf5510c1a6c34eb84a5255.jpg

Used to have a friend who lived next to a largish pond, when every time he got any snow he called it "lake effect' from the pond.  Then I showed him pictures like this.

Lake effect bands are wild.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

I love lake effect.  I miss it.

What’s “potentially sensitive” about that photo?

• I don't know 1
  • Cheers 1

4 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

I love lake effect.  I miss it.

Grew up in the Snow Belt.  Don't miss it at all.

Right now we live in a sort of anti-snow belt.  We typically get way less snow than surrounding areas.  So, when we get hammered, everybody else is pretty much ####ed.

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, snafu said:

What’s “potentially sensitive” about that photo?

Extreme weather means global warming, which upsets progressives.  

• Sad 1