Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Buffalo vs New England : Week 13 Game Week Thread

Ann

36 minutes ago, Aloyouis said:

I agree.  

But first you have to know what "spy gate" was and was not.  You have to ask yourself:  If the NFL simply wanted to bury it then why bring it to light at all?  All that Mangini did was whine to the league about where (not if) the Patriots were taping from.  He was butt hurt because his previously tight relationship with Belichick was over because BB had asked him to take a HC job outside of the division and certainly not with the hated Jets.  Mangini slithered away to the Jets anyway and BB disowned him.

Had the videographer been 20 feet back from where he was and in the very first row if the seats or the endzone or the press box or the hundred other better spots there would have been no violation.  NONE.  99.99% of the time the league gets a whine like this they send a letter to the team in question and tell them to stop doing that from "there" and to continue to if from "here".  

Yet, the league decided to hammer the Patriots.  Kraft and the Patriots were getting to close to nationwide appeal and that was something Jereh (Jerry Jones) simply would not stand for.  So the league made a huge mountain out of a molehill.

They fined the team millions. Hell, they fined BB $500k himself personally.  They took a first round draft pick.

All over 20 feet.  Does 20 or even 100 feet matter to technology of today?  Of course not.

Um.

I watched a video created by a college professor (an Eagles fan). He conducted an experiment in which he measured the air pressure in footballs. He then left the footballs outside for several hours and measured the air pressure again. Based on the results of the experiment he concluded the Patriots did not cheat with respect to air pressure. I believe him.

But, I've also believed that the Patriots did cheat with respect to video taping, and that the NFL destroyed the evidence to "protect the shield" and prevent the full extent of the cheating from becoming known. However, this isn't something I've researched in any depth, and for that reason I'm not wedded to my conclusion. Your post demonstrates that the NFL's destruction of the evidence could bear an entirely different interpretation. My goal here is to believe the truth, whatever that truth might be.

Edited by Arm of Harm
  • Cheers 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
4 hours ago, Aloyouis said:

The "cheater" stuff is for haters.  

This is true.  I'm a hater.

But that doesn't mean they don't cheat.  They do.  &#%$ing cheaters.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Arm of Harm said:

Um.

I watched a video created by a college professor (an Eagles fan). He conducted an experiment in which he measured the air pressure in footballs. Based on the results of the experiment he concluded the Patriots did not cheat with respect to air pressure. I believe him.

But, I've also believed that the Patriots did cheat with respect to video taping, and that the NFL destroyed the evidence to "protect the shield" and prevent the full extent of the cheating from becoming known. However, this isn't something I've researched in any depth, and for that reason I'm not wedded to my conclusion. Your post demonstrates that the NFL's destruction of the evidence could bear an entirely different interpretation. My goal here is to believe the truth, whatever that truth might be.

The reason they destroyed the evidence is because had it actually gotten out it would have been obvious that they prosecuted the Patriots without cause and the precedent that would have been set for the punishment doled out would have destroyed many other teams who's transgressions were far worse and handled via internal "memo".  

Imagine if a man was convicted of a crime in a closed hearing and severely punished then the prosecutor destroyed the evidence.

Imagine that.  Would the population assume it was to protect the punished or that conviction was BS?  The NFL owns ESPN and others and they wanted a narrative believed.  They did the same thing with the footballs.  Hell, ESPN was reporting the balls were purposefully deflated by 

• Doh! 1

3 minutes ago, Aloyouis said:

The reason they destroyed the evidence is because had it actually gotten out it would have been obvious that they prosecuted the Patriots without cause and the precedent that would have been set for the punishment doled out would have destroyed many other teams who's transgressions were far worse and handled via internal "memo".  

Imagine if a man was convicted of a crime in a closed hearing and severely punished then the prosecutor destroyed the evidence.

Imagine that.  Would the population assume it was to protect the punished or that conviction was BS?  The NFL owns ESPN and others and they wanted a narrative believed.  They did the same thing with the footballs.  Hell, ESPN was reporting the balls were purposefully deflated by 

There are those who might call you a conspiracy theorist.

:tinfoil:

• Haha 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
3 minutes ago, Aloyouis said:

You know what I miss?  When you all rooted for the Giants.  All you Pats fans were much more tolerable back then.

• Haha 4

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 minute ago, Foxx said:

There are those who might call you a conspiracy theorist.

:tinfoil:

The fundamental flaw in all NFL conspiracies is they rely on the belief that a guy who suspended Ray Rice for 2 games, then turned it into a lifetime ban after the video he said he'd seen went public, has some sort of coherent plan.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

12 minutes ago, Aloyouis said:

Okay, let me reiterate I am glad you are here and I truly believe that you will see the best of online Bills fans on this site.

But if you truly believe the NFL destroyed the tapes so they could prosecute the money-printing darlings of the NFL without cause, then I hope you will join us in the political channels to discuss your views on Covid and vaccine mandates. :classic_laugh:

• Wow 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Aloyouis said:

In the past I'd believed that Goodell's motive was to protect the shield. That's why I believed that the video taping scandal must have been worse than the NFL had admitted to the public.

But that was before the Jon Gruden situation arose. Goodell was motivated neither by the desire to protect the shield, nor by a desire to engage in openness and transparency. The overwhelming majority of emails uncovered by the investigation were kept hidden, while only those emails which made Gruden look bad were made public. Goodell's handling of that situation revealed a petty vindictiveness and personal spite I had not previously known he had.

Goodell acted with a complete lack of integrity in the Gruden situation, and it's possible he likewise acted with a lack of integrity with respect to the video taping. His lack of transparency and destruction of the evidence are not consistent with integrity, regardless of whether the Patriots had cheated. If the Patriots are guilty in the video taping scandal, then his destruction of evidence is unfortunate because it allows their defenders to argue they were unfairly accused. If they are innocent the destruction of evidence and lack of transparency are even more unfortunate, because no team should be unfairly accused of cheating. 

• Like 1

I understand that Robert Kraft was released and got off in the 2nd Deflate Gate Scandal that included sex slaves from the Orient. I thought those svelte young ladies were only Shanghaid to do nails not jerk off billionaires who have to pay for sex in a slimy strip mall setting. 

• Facepalm 1

59 minutes ago, Arm of Harm said:

Um.

I watched a video created by a college professor (an Eagles fan). He conducted an experiment in which he measured the air pressure in footballs. He then left the footballs outside for several hours and measured the air pressure again. Based on the results of the experiment he concluded the Patriots did not cheat with respect to air pressure. I believe him.

Anyone that drives will notice that in the winter months they need to add air to the tires. If you dont know that....add air to your tires.