Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Buffalo vs New England : Week 13 Game Week Thread

Ann

1 hour ago, Foxx said:

There are those who might call you a conspiracy theorist.

:tinfoil:

Agreed.

Consider also that you are trying to believe the opposite of what is logical.  The league hammered the Pats then destroyed the evidence to?????  What?

They "destroyed" the evidence so they would not have to divulge they either had nothing and/or punished the Pats while not punishing others for great transgressions.

Can't be both punished severely AND saved by the NFL.  To believe that is to believe ESPN tells the truth rather that the leagues bidding and qualifies you for a tinfoil hat of your own creation. Have at to and post pictures, please.

1 hour ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

The fundamental flaw in all NFL conspiracies is they rely on the belief that a guy who suspended Ray Rice for 2 games, then turned it into a lifetime ban after the video he said he'd seen went public, has some sort of coherent plan.

Amen, brother!

1 hour ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

You know what I miss?  When you all rooted for the Giants.  All you Pats fans were much more tolerable back then.

NEVER!!!!

I was at the 2nd SB loss to the Gints in Indy.  It sucked.  

59 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Okay, let me reiterate I am glad you are here and I truly believe that you will see the best of online Bills fans on this site.

But if you truly believe the NFL destroyed the tapes so they could prosecute the money-printing darlings of the NFL without cause, then I hope you will join us in the political channels to discuss your views on Covid and vaccine mandates. :classic_laugh:

No.

Much like with Rice, they did whatever the f@ck they wanted to the Pats and then destroyed the "evidence" before it came out they had nothing.  Kraft was DEMANDING IT.  Then it was destroyed.

Roger Baddell is a scum sucking, gutter licking, ear wax scab eating POS.  

1 minute ago, Aloyouis said:

Admit it, you like him, you really like him. 

• Haha 3

Crap Throwing Clavin
4 minutes ago, Aloyouis said:

NEVER!!!!

I was at the 2nd SB loss to the Gints in Indy.  It sucked.  

But didn't it?  The Superbowl loss in 2007 was much better.  :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
10 minutes ago, Aloyouis said:

That's...quite a diet.

5 hours ago, Foxx said:

Being you are a life long Pats fan, I suspect you know or maybe it is that fandom that has created a blind spot, I do not know which. That said, I'll play along here.

Back in '07, the Patriots were caught taping defensive signals, on the Jets sideline (lol @ the brazenness), during the game. The league confiscated the camera.

From the '07 rule book:

“No video recording devices of any kind are permitted to be in use in the coaches’ booth, on the field, or in the locker room during the game.” 

Belichick was fined what at the time was, and still is the largest amount ever levied against a NFL head coach; 
$500,000.00 and the team lost their first round pick in the subsequent draft. 

End of story, right? Not so fast.

12 years later, during week 14 of the '19 season, they did the same shit again. This one was dubbed Spygate 2.0 

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1277394412411260930

How many times have they done it and not gotten caught?

But I guess that stuff has been debunked, right? Once a cheat, always a cheat.

Excellent post.  Almost correct, but not quite.

Your 2007 version of events is close.  They were "caught" taping everything.  Just like had been legal to do up until that very year when the rules were changed.  Just like they had done all year before Mangina went to the league.  Also, just like several other teams had been doing that year with no whining from Mangina.  Nobody whined to teh league about the other teams (including Mangina) so the league did nothing.  Also, why were teams granting each other field level game live passes for film crews?  They were all doing it.

Starting to understand?

The league "claimed" to have all of this damming evidence of the Patriots doing something different than what others team were also doing.  The NFL hammered the Pats and the Pats only.  The Patriots submitted evidence of other teams taping on the sidelines at Foxboro and demanded to know what they had done that was different.  

Suddenly, the damming evidence against the Pats that was so different was destroyed.  Weird, eh?

Now, in 2019 you also came close to getting it right, but fell short.  Not because of ill will in your heart, but because you weren't told everything by BSPN.  2007 crew was there to tape practice and ultimately that tape went to the coaching staff - no argument.  2019 was a PR crew taping video for a documentary on the last SB.  They were not taping everything and they were in the press box. This crew reported to a Kraft PR company and none of the tape went to Patriots coaching staff.  

Details matter.  Just not to Roger &#%$ing Baddell.

• Boo 1

12 minutes ago, Ann said:

Admit it, you like him, you really like him. 

I don't think anyone likes Roger Goodell, that's the one thing most fans agree on.  I was disappointed when he got his contract renewed a couple of years ago.  Not sure what the owners see in him.

• Like 2

Just now, Core Four said:

I don't think anyone likes Roger Goodell, that's the one thing most fans agree on.  I was disappointed when he got his contract renewed a couple of years ago.  Not sure what the owners see in him.

💰 💰 💰  💰 💰   💰 💰   💰 💰  oh and $$$$$$$$

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

But didn't it?  The Superbowl loss in 2007 was much better.  :classic_biggrin:

Those SB losses sucked.   Tore my heart out both times.  And my wallet the Indy game.  Was offered 7k for my 45 yard line ticket the morning of the game and I didn't take it.  Pats lost and I played the fool.🙄

But of all the teams that don't need to gloat about SB losses, I am thinking you edge out the Vikings.  Please don't kill me.

• Wow 1

1 minute ago, Aloyouis said:

But of all the teams that don't need to gloat about SB losses, I am thinking you edge out the Vikings.  Please don't kill me.

Wide right still hurts. The Bills could have won the first and the fourth. They were always gonna get killed on the second. The third, Dallas was the better team (don't let the scores in those Dallas losses fool you, the fourth was winnable... until it wasn't). 

• Like 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
5 minutes ago, Aloyouis said:

Those SB losses sucked.   Tore my heart out both times.  And my wallet the Indy game.  Was offered 7k for my 45 yard line ticket the morning of the game and I didn't take it.  Pats lost and I played the fool.🙄

The Bills dominated the AFC for half a decade.

Your team couldn't even dominate this guy...

CVAUB4-UkAAbauG?format=jpg&name=small

• Wow 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Ann said:

💰 💰 💰  💰 💰   💰 💰   💰 💰  oh and $$$$$$$$

True, though I would suspect that is from TV contracts, which are obscene.  Pete Rozelle and Paul Tagliabue built the NFL, Goodell inherited a sport at its apex.  I believe Goodell is changing the trajectory of the league, which will become more apparent in a couple of years.  Nothing is too big to fail, and it will take a while to see Goodell's "work."

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Ann said:

Wide right still hurts. The Bills could have won the first and the fourth. They were always gonna get killed on the second. The third, Dallas was the better team (don't let the scores in those Dallas losses fool you, the fourth was winnable... until it wasn't). 

I was on a plane back from Utah headed into LaGuardia when pilot relayed the news of "wide right".  Plane went berserk.  

• Sad 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
9 minutes ago, Ann said:

Thirty years later, we al watch replays of that kick and still try to wave the ball back to the left.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

The Bills dominated the AFC for half a decade.

Your team couldn't even dominate this guy...

CVAUB4-UkAAbauG?format=jpg&name=small

That is funny.  

Dominated for half a decade eh?  That is quite an accomplishment.  

Do any of you want to tell him or are you gonna make me do it.  Trying to be the nice guy here...

2 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Thirty years later, we al watch replays of that kick and still try to wave the ball back to the left.

Ever seen a football stick to the top of a smooth football helmet?

I have. 😫