Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Hollywoke -- A thread for Tinseltown's Tailspin into Televangelism

Deranged Rhino

1 hour ago, Hedge said:

It basically amounted to: "if they say "oopsie!" I will continue to work with them."

Well, she's not going to cut a revenue stream. She's got 4 kids to exploit feed!

Billsandhorns
29 minutes ago, Koko said:

Well, she's not going to cut a revenue stream. She's got 4 kids to exploit feed!

Her ex husband is paying like 200k a month in child support 

3 hours ago, Billsandhorns said:

Her ex husband is paying like 200k a month in child support 

Do you know how expensive it is to outfit 4 children in a new designer outfit every day so that you can put them on Instagram?

We aren’t sorry we groom kids. But we are sorry we got caught.

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/disney-ceo-iger-sorry-battle-against-florida-tells-employees-respect-audience

Iger expressed regret that Disney engaged in the high-profile fight against Gov. DeSantis, which resulted in the state legislature stripping the company of its special administrative status. "I was sorry to see us dragged into that battle."

"When you tell stories, there’s a delicate balance," Iger told an audience at a town hall meeting, where he reiterated that the company still pushes pro-LGBT "inclusion" messaging.

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, Spartacus said:

We aren’t sorry we groom kids. But we are sorry we got caught.

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/disney-ceo-iger-sorry-battle-against-florida-tells-employees-respect-audience

Iger expressed regret that Disney engaged in the high-profile fight against Gov. DeSantis, which resulted in the state legislature stripping the company of its special administrative status. "I was sorry to see us dragged into that battle."

"When you tell stories, there’s a delicate balance," Iger told an audience at a town hall meeting, where he reiterated that the company still pushes pro-LGBT "inclusion" messaging.

Y'know, Disney...the problem isn't that you push a pro-LGBT "inclusion" message as much as it is you do it all the time, in ever channel, no matter how &#%$ing irrelevant it is.

Even people who support LGBT rights don't want it rammed down their throats in every &#%$ing Marvel vehicle, or want to ride Butt Pirates of the Caribbean.

• Like 1
  • Applause 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
26 minutes ago, Joe Miner said:

Ginger Plank of Wood 

🤣🤣🤣

I do like the Critical Drinker.  Just today, I referred to someone as a "blue-haired land whale."

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

• 2 weeks later...

Media groups shed $500bn in value as shares head for historic drop

Streaming services hit by rising costs, consumer belt-tightening and drop in advertising

More than $500bn has been wiped off the market value of the world’s biggest media companies this year as investors soured on the streaming revolution, triggering historic share price declines for broadcasting and entertainment groups.

Intensifying competition and rising costs have combined with consumer belt tightening and an advertising slowdown to spark an industry-wide decline.

Media, which for investors spans a broad range of activities from film production to advertising to cable television, has been among the hardest-hit sectors in what is set to be the worst year for global equities since the financial crisis.

“It’s been a perfect storm of bad news,” said Michael Nathanson, media analyst at MoffettNathanson. “I’ve been covering this sector a long time and I’ve never seen such a bad collection of data points before.”

</snip>

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

3 hours ago, Ann said:

Media groups shed $500bn in value as shares head for historic drop

Streaming services hit by rising costs, consumer belt-tightening and drop in advertising

More than $500bn has been wiped off the market value of the world’s biggest media companies this year as investors soured on the streaming revolution, triggering historic share price declines for broadcasting and entertainment groups.

Intensifying competition and rising costs have combined with consumer belt tightening and an advertising slowdown to spark an industry-wide decline.

Media, which for investors spans a broad range of activities from film production to advertising to cable television, has been among the hardest-hit sectors in what is set to be the worst year for global equities since the financial crisis.

“It’s been a perfect storm of bad news,” said Michael Nathanson, media analyst at MoffettNathanson. “I’ve been covering this sector a long time and I’ve never seen such a bad collection of data points before.”

</snip>

They diluted the market to the point that people aren't interested in paying $12-15 per month for 8 to 10+ different streaming services. If the media companies were smart (and able to co-exist on projects), they would have banded together to create 2 or 3 services for movies, and maybe 1-2 for TV for the TV media companies that were not attached to major movie studios.

Netflix ruled the world for a time because they were the only game in town at the beginning, until their exclusive content contracts all started expiring and everyone wanted to cash in for themselves.

Speaking of Netflix: I'd wager that Netflix is going to begin their death spiral next year when they start enforcing password sharing bans. They aren't going to pick up many (if any) new subscribers, and after pissing everyone off, they're probably going to lose a lot of current accounts. Then they'll raise rates to make up for the revenue drop, which will cause more cancellations, etc.

• Like 2

On 12/27/2022 at 7:57 PM, Koko said:

They diluted the market to the point that people aren't interested in paying $12-15 per month for 8 to 10+ different streaming services. If the media companies were smart (and able to co-exist on projects), they would have banded together to create 2 or 3 services for movies, and maybe 1-2 for TV for the TV media companies that were not attached to major movie studios.

Netflix ruled the world for a time because they were the only game in town at the beginning, until their exclusive content contracts all started expiring and everyone wanted to cash in for themselves.

Speaking of Netflix: I'd wager that Netflix is going to begin their death spiral next year when they start enforcing password sharing bans. They aren't going to pick up many (if any) new subscribers, and after pissing everyone off, they're probably going to lose a lot of current accounts. Then they'll raise rates to make up for the revenue drop, which will cause more cancellations, etc.

Our plan is to cancel at that point

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/8/2023 at 1:23 PM, Robs House said:

This may be the most humiliating thing I've ever seen.

If he didn’t quit after being asked to do that he will literally do anything he is told from now until the end of time.  What an absolute loser.

• Haha 2
  • Cheers 2

'That 90s Show' Is Everything Wrong With Modern Entertainment

A few nights ago, my wife and I did what most couples do after the day is done and the kids are finally asleep. Of course, I’m talking about laying in bed and. . . . . . . . . . . .  watching television.

{snip}

Would I be let down by Hollywood again, or would this show seize the legacy of the original and deliver a worthy encore?

Obviously, that’s rhetorical given you’ve already read the headline so you know where this is going. Still, I’ll say that I really wanted to like “That ’90s Show,” and there are some funny moments. Unfortunately, it also encapsulates everything wrong with modern entertainment.

Unlike the original cast which fit the period and setting perfectly (remember, this is small town Wisconsin), every single diversity box is checked by the new cast members, seemingly just for the sake of doing so, with every played-out stereotype being fulfilled as well. There’s the strong black female who takes leadership of the group and is never the butt of a joke. There’s the sassy Asian female who dominates her boyfriend. Then there’s the weak, naive white girl (Eric’s daughter) who has never kissed a boy. Together, they make up half of the new group.

But it’s the new group’s boys that really represent a missed opportunity. In the original show, you had Kelso, Steven, Eric, and Fez rounding out the group of teens. All of them had very unique personalities, senses of humor, and qualities that added to the show. Kelso was the stupid, yet good-looking one, providing much of the comedic relief. Eric was the normal yet somewhat nerdy one just trying to figure things out while providing witty one-liners. Steven was that cool guy you knew in high school who had seen everything. Lastly, Fez was a foreign exchange student, with that fact being central to many of the jokes surrounding his character.

Who are the boys in the new show? The answer is two extremely dumb white guys (because white guys must always be written as idiots in modern entertainment) and an Asian kid who is gay. Yes, they replaced Fez, with his accent, woman chasing, and suave styling, with an overweight guy (who looks and acts like he’s a pre-teen) that has a boyfriend in Canada. Why? Because you simply can’t write jokes about a character being foreign anymore, and for a show to not have a gay character these days is a cardinal sin.

But for all the technical diversity of the new show, there’s almost none regarding who the characters are. There’s no Steven to play off of Kelso. There’s no Eric to bring levity to the group. It’s literally just two bland Kelso types, a snarky gay kid, and three girl bosses.

More at the link: https://redstate.com/bonchie/2023/01/22/that-90s-show-is-everything-wrong-with-modern-entertainment-n692646