Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Hollywoke -- A thread for Tinseltown's Tailspin into Televangelism

Deranged Rhino

1 hour ago, IDBillzFan said:

She was the first concert I ever attended. Saratoga Performing Arts Center. Billy Squire opened for her, and in one simple evening I learned two interesting lessons.

1. The concert headliner isn't necessarily going to be the best performer on stage that night. Billy Squire was awesome and she was just okay.

2. I desperately hate large crowds.

Took me longer to learn the first lesson. 

I was a huge David Brenner fan. He and Joan Rivers were touring together. I went for him figuring I could suffer through her. She was 1000x funnier than he was and earned a fan after that performance. 

As a misanthrope, I have always hated large crowds, small crowds, heck any gathering of over 10 people. 

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, IDBillzFan said:

She was the first concert I ever attended. Saratoga Performing Arts Center. Billy Squire opened for her, and in one simple evening I learned two interesting lessons.

1. The concert headliner isn't necessarily going to be the best performer on stage that night. Billy Squire was awesome and she was just okay.

2. I desperately hate large crowds.

Was that before or after Billy Squier destroyed his career with the extremely gay video to "Rock Me Tonight?"

2 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Was that before or after Billy Squier destroyed his career with the extremely gay video to "Rock Me Tonight?"

Before.

I never followed his music after that because music was not a thing in my house (my girlfriend had tickets), and essentially reached me from two places: my father and his eight-track collection of Sinatra, Bennett, Streisand and Manilow, or from my faux-wood grain am/fm radio which occasionally was able to pick up Casey Kasem.

In fact, to prove this point, I will admit that my second concert came two years later at the Rochester Auditorium, where I saw Harry Chapin.

I didn't get laid much at all in my youth.

• Haha 2

Crap Throwing Clavin

Note that Pat Benatar is still, however, performing "Hell is for Children" and "Love is a Battlefield."

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Note that Pat Benatar is still, however, performing "Hell is for Children" and "Love is a Battlefield."

Note that this is the first time I read/heard the name Pat Benatar since this episode of Beavis and Butthead

Edited by devnull

Crap Throwing Clavin
5 minutes ago, devnull said:

Note that this is the first time I read/heard the name Pat Benatar since this episode of Beavis and Butthead

Which is probably why she announced "I'm no longer performing my best-known song."

Not to make a woke point.  But so people would say "Wait...Pat Benatar's still around?"

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Which is probably why she announced "I'm no longer performing my best-known song."

Not to make a woke point.  But so people would say "Wait...Pat Benatar's still around?"

It seems like only yesterday Crosby Stills and Nash pulled their music from Spotify to protest Joe Rogen, only to remind people they were still around, pushing them to put their music back on Spotify since only 12 people still have the plastic disc needed to play your 45 on a record player.

• Haha 2

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/john-cleese-blasts-wokeness-death-creativity

Legendary comedian John Cleese has warned that woke ideology has not only been “disastrous” for comedy, but is leading to the “death of creativity” in general.

Cleese continued, “But I think it’s particularly worrying at the moment because you can only create in an atmosphere of freedom where you’re not checking everything you say critically before you move on.”

“What you have to be able to do is to build without knowing where you’re going because you’ve never been there before,” Cleese urged, adding “That’s what creativity is—you have to be allowed to build. And a lot of comedians now are sitting there and when they think of something, they say something like, ‘Can I get away with it? I don’t think so. So and so got into trouble, and he said that, oh, she said that.’ You see what I mean? And that’s the death of creativity.

Cleese further asserted that wokeness allows the “critical mind” to dominate the creative, with the two “definitely in opposition to each other.”

“You can do the creation and then criticize it, but you can’t do them at the same time. So if you’re worried about offending people and constantly thinking of that, you are not going to be very creative. So I think it has a disastrous effect,” he urged.

37 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/john-cleese-blasts-wokeness-death-creativity

Legendary comedian John Cleese has warned that woke ideology has not only been “disastrous” for comedy, but is leading to the “death of creativity” in general.

Cleese continued, “But I think it’s particularly worrying at the moment because you can only create in an atmosphere of freedom where you’re not checking everything you say critically before you move on.”

“What you have to be able to do is to build without knowing where you’re going because you’ve never been there before,” Cleese urged, adding “That’s what creativity is—you have to be allowed to build. And a lot of comedians now are sitting there and when they think of something, they say something like, ‘Can I get away with it? I don’t think so. So and so got into trouble, and he said that, oh, she said that.’ You see what I mean? And that’s the death of creativity.

Cleese further asserted that wokeness allows the “critical mind” to dominate the creative, with the two “definitely in opposition to each other.”

“You can do the creation and then criticize it, but you can’t do them at the same time. So if you’re worried about offending people and constantly thinking of that, you are not going to be very creative. So I think it has a disastrous effect,” he urged.

83yo! Wow. I remember him as Robin Hood in Time Bandits. Jolly Good!

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

• 2 weeks later...

Kevin Spacey ordered to pay ‘House of Cards’ creators $31 MILLION for lost revenue

Celebrated but now-disgraced actor Kevin Spacey has been ordered to pay the creators of “House of Cards” nearly $31 million for losses that were incurred after Spacey was fired in 2017 amid allegations of sexual assault.

Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Mel Red Recana ruled that MRC and Netflix, along with other production companies associated with the series, will be awarded $30.9 million in lost profits. Recana wrote in his ruling that Spacey’s attorneys “fail to demonstrate that this is even a close case” and “do not demonstrate that the damages award was so utterly irrational that it amounts to an arbitrary remaking of the parties’ contracts.” ...

• Like 3
  • Wow 1

2 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Lost profits, not lost revenue.

Which is ludicrous.  How do you measure "lost profits?"

I hear ya but to answer the question... establish a trend?

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

Uh oh.  The guy that made that report is gonna get fired.  The FBI doesn't take well to employees with common sense and the gumption to state the obvious.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Joe Miner said:

Uh oh.  The guy that made that report is gonna get fired.  The FBI doesn't take well to employees with common sense and the gumption to state the obvious.

I dunno.  Alec Baldwin always struck me as an Outer Party type.  Useful to promote The Regime, but not the Inner Party type.  He's expendable