Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Hollywoke -- A thread for Tinseltown's Tailspin into Televangelism

Deranged Rhino

4merper4mer
On 6/8/2022 at 6:47 PM, Foxx said:

She's a pretty good actress. I normally wouldn't watch a Madonna biopic but would have to consider it to watch her.

Garner should not do that.  She should be in line for far better roles than playing Madonna.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
On 6/17/2022 at 10:14 PM, 4merper4mer said:

Garner should not do that.  She should be in line for far better roles than playing Madonna.

In the ER right now - no big deal, bad kidney stone - and the admitting nurse asked me if I was pregnant.  Passing P.A. asked her why she even asked that.  I responded that since gender is fluid, men can get pregnant, and it would be discriminatory not to ask.  Everyone within earshot cracked up.

Mention this here because if that's the reaction to that nonsense in a hospital in one of the most liberal enclaves in MD, Hollywood is badly out of touch with reality even in the liberal US.

• Like 3
  • Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

In the ER right now - no big deal, bad kidney stone - and the admitting nurse asked me if I was pregnant.  Passing P.A. asked her why she even asked that.  I responded that since gender is fluid, men can get pregnant, and it would be discriminatory not to ask.  Everyone within earshot cracked up.

Mention this here because if that's the reaction to that nonsense in a hospital in one of the most liberal enclaves in MD, Hollywood is badly out of touch with reality even in the liberal US.

Kidney stones suck! Get well bud. Also, funny story but not funny. How far gone we are!

• Like 1

CarpetCrawler
27 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

My answer would be, "I'm not sure, can you test me?"

Let asking the stupid question cost them some money.

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, CarpetCrawler said:

My answer would be, "I'm not sure, can you test me?"

Let asking the stupid question cost them some money.

Doesn't cost the hospital anything, they'll just charge the insurance company

The insurance company could refuse to cover the procedure and send a bill

Then you get to call the ACLU

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Cheers 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
2 hours ago, B-Man said:

#HIMTOO? Oscar-winning screenwriter Paul Haggis arrested in Italy on sexual assault charges.

“Haggis, 69, wrote ‘Million Dollar Baby’ and co-wrote and directed crime drama ‘Crash.’ He won two Oscars for ‘Crash’ — one for ‘Best Picture’ and one for ‘Best Original Screenplay.’ In 2018 he denied accusations of sexual misconduct made by four women, including two who accused him of rape.”

Stupid haggis!

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Stupid haggis!

I just saw haggis made on some food show. No thanks.  

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
4merper4mer
On 7/3/2022 at 6:03 PM, Ann said:

Wow (I didn’t know where else to put this)

Oh come on.  She’s just a harmless Canadian sex symbol.

• Like 1

CarpetCrawler
45 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

She's got to be twisted to put out clothes like that for children.

Think about it though, she was 12 when she started her professional relationship with the 38 year old manager who would later become her husband. They were secretly dating before their personal relationship was made public.....he's could be thought of as the Canadian R. Kelly. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

Have you listened to her music?

Harmless my ass.

• Haha 1
  • Applause 1
  • Cheers 1

IDBillzFan

Probably should put this in the Covid thread, but I'll stick it here. 

Two of the cast are from a show we loved to watch called "Raising Hope," including Martha Plimpton, who I've loved since Parenthood.

Give it a peek.

7 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Probably should put this in the Covid thread, but I'll stick it here. 

Two of the cast are from a show we loved to watch called "Raising Hope," including Martha Plimpton, who I've loved since Parenthood.

Give it a peek.

Freevee used to be Imdb.

We have Prime with a Firestick here and every time I went to watch something on Imdb, it wouldn't let you get out of the app. Ultimately, you had to unplug the Firestick to have it reset. Because of that, I had to really want to watch something to go there, which meant I hardly ever venture into it. I just assume that because they changed their name doesn't mean that their app works any better.

Crap Throwing Clavin
4 minutes ago, Foxx said:

Freevee used to be Imdb.

We have Prime with a Firestick here and every time I went to watch something on Imdb, it wouldn't let you get out of the app. Ultimately, you had to unplug the Firestick to have it reset. Because of that, I had to really want to watch something to go there, which meant I hardly ever venture into it. I just assume that because they changed their name doesn't mean that their app works any better.

Haven't used Firestick in any form.  But I will say that Freevee is working on my PC much more cleanly than IMDB TV ever did.  

• Cheers 2

7 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Haven't used Firestick in any form.  But I will say that Freevee is working on my PC much more cleanly than IMDB TV ever did.  

Good to know. I will have to try it again...