Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Hollywoke -- A thread for Tinseltown's Tailspin into Televangelism

Deranged Rhino

Crap Throwing Clavin
8 minutes ago, Beer__League__Hockey said:

The horror.  The Eagle 5 is sexier than that thing:

Sold Price: Spaceballs Winnebago filming miniature model. - June 3, 0117  11:00 AM PDT

Sold Price: Spaceballs Winnebago filming miniature model. - June 3, 0117  11:00 AM PDT

It was a PZL plane.  They had a knack for making ugly planes.

LWS-6.jpg

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, B-Man said:

So, she's cool w/ posing starkers w/ unshaved pits? 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, B-Man said:

She's a pretty good actress. I normally wouldn't watch a Madonna biopic but would have to consider it to watch her.

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin

This is either going to try to be woke as shit, fail, and be a shit-show.

Or not even try to be woke at all, and be a shit-show.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

This is either going to try to be woke as shit, fail, and be a shit-show.

Or not even try to be woke at all, and be a shit-show.

I that Gosling and Robbie?

:facepalm:

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, Foxx said:

I that Gosling and Robbie?

:facepalm:

I know it's Gosling, and I think I heard somewhere that Robbie got the part.  It certainly looks like her.  

Although I don't get the impression that she's a Barbie Doll in real life (i.e. not a vacuous piece of plastic), she's certainly very well cast for it otherwise.  Gosling as Ken... :classic_laugh:

• Cheers 2

Hey @Deranged Rhino, I'm kinda curious. How does the Daily Wire get to produce something like Terror on the Prairie? Is it just a bad movie that gets attention from Daily Wire people, or is it an actual movie created by anonymous Hollywood people like yourself who quietly hate Hollywood, but can't say it in public without risking their livelihood? 

• Like 1

Deranged Rhino
2 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

Hey @Deranged Rhino, I'm kinda curious. How does the Daily Wire get to produce something like Terror on the Prairie? Is it just a bad movie that gets attention from Daily Wire people, or is it an actual movie created by anonymous Hollywood people like yourself who quietly hate Hollywood, but can't say it in public without risking their livelihood? 

Without having seen it yet, my guess is that it’s a little bit column A and little bit column B. The heads of the DW studio are Hollywood guys who fled LA a decade or so ago. How good they are/were I couldn’t tell you, I don’t know anyone who’s worked for or with them. I do know they were making stuff before DW - to mixed results. But DW’s CEO decided to get involved and gave them deeper pockets than they’ve had before. Which is great. They made two or three movies before this one, and worked with (who I consider to be) good directors, so people in town are taking them seriously. I know from a production angle (meaning crew), a LOT of people who got sick of this town were talking about joining their ranks in the first year of the pandemic. So I imagine the production value is higher than most offshoot studios by nature of getting skilled crew eager to work outside of LA.  

But they are very new. And the big thing that kills young studios in my experience is not being able to compete for IP (even in script form) and not being able to hire GOOD producers. Success can make those easy obstacles to overcome though. I think DW rightly sees a gap in the marketplace and has the right creative mindset to fill it - if Terror on the Prairie makes any bit of money, I would suspect there will be a lot more writers/producers who will be sending them stuff. Because there are a lot of grumbly-can’t-say-what-I-want-to-say types in this business right now. 

a lot. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 3

11 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Without having seen it yet, my guess is that it’s a little bit column A and little bit column B. The heads of the DW studio are Hollywood guys who fled LA a decade or so ago. How good they are/were I couldn’t tell you, I don’t know anyone who’s worked for or with them. I do know they were making stuff before DW - to mixed results. But DW’s CEO decided to get involved and gave them deeper pockets than they’ve had before. Which is great. They made two or three movies before this one, and worked with (who I consider to be) good directors, so people in town are taking them seriously. I know from a production angle (meaning crew), a LOT of people who got sick of this town were talking about joining their ranks in the first year of the pandemic. So I imagine the production value is higher than most offshoot studios by nature of getting skilled crew eager to work outside of LA.  

But they are very new. And the big thing that kills young studios in my experience is not being able to compete for IP (even in script form) and not being able to hire GOOD producers. Success can make those easy obstacles to overcome though. I think DW rightly sees a gap in the marketplace and has the right creative mindset to fill it - if Terror on the Prairie makes any bit of money, I would suspect there will be a lot more writers/producers who will be sending them stuff. Because there are a lot of grumbly-can’t-say-what-I-want-to-say types in this business right now. 

a lot. 

Yeah, there are only so many movies you can make with James Woods, Dean Cain, Scott Baio, Kristy Swanson, Nick Searcy and Rob Schneider. :classic_laugh:

I love their boldness though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
10 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Yeah, there are only so many movies you can make with James Woods, Dean Cain, Scott Baio, Kristy Swanson, Nick Searcy and Rob Schneider. :classic_laugh:

I love their boldness though.

I like James Woods, and don't dislike Rob Schneider...but the only way I'm ever seeing a Woods/Schneider film is if they're murdering penguins.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

I like James Woods, and don't dislike Rob Schneider...but the only way I'm ever seeing a Woods/Schneider film is if they're murdering penguins.

I'm guessing no Tom Petty soundtrack.

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Isn't this considered "insurrection?"

And Schiffy let ‘em in…

• Cheers 2