Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Hollywoke -- A thread for Tinseltown's Tailspin into Televangelism

Deranged Rhino

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Why create something new when you can repurpose Ferris Bueller? 

https://variety.com/2022/film/news/ferris-buellers-day-off-spinoff-1235346008/

Titled “Sam and Victor’s Day Off,”  [...]  In the original film, Sam and Victor were valets who took Cameron’s father’s red Ferrari on a joy-ride.

I'm guessing this idea - which is intensely &#%$ing stupid on its face - came about in part because some producer somewhere decided they had to make it about minority characters.  Not stopping to realize that no matter what their race, nobody cares about the &#%$ing valets.

Kill it.  Kill it with fire.   

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

All of humanity rejoices...

Yeah but... not as many as the douchebag took off of someone else's life.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Cheers 2

2 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

My favorite part is how that it's everyone's fault but his. You know, because as the end user of the firearm, he bears no responsibility for checking to see if it is loaded himself, nor was it his responsibility that he pointed the gun and pulled the trigger.

Yeah, the lady is dead and her family devastated, but think about poor Alec!

• Like 3
  • Angry 2
  • Cheers 3

On 8/22/2022 at 8:44 AM, Alaska Darin said:

You killed an innocent person and you are worried about years off your life? Dirtbag!

• Cheers 2

On 8/22/2022 at 8:13 AM, Koko said:

My favorite part is how that it's everyone's fault but his.

Show me a leftist who has ever admitted personal responsibility and accountability for their actions and I'll show you a unicorn.

• Cheers 2

MOVIE PRODUCER PLEADS GUILTY IN PROSTITUTION PROSECUTION:

Dillon Jordan was permitted to enter the plea remotely and pleaded guilty to conspiracy to operate a prostitution business.

U.S. District Judge John P. Cronan scheduled sentencing for Dec. 12.

A plea deal Jordan signed with prosecutors recommends that he serve between 21 months and 27 months in prison, and pay a fine between $10,000 and $95,000. It also calls for him to forfeit $1.4 million.

Jordan, 50, of Arrowhead Lake, California, was arrested last summer on charges that he used a movie production company as a cover for running a prostitution ring.

Jordan is listed among dozens of producers on films including the 2018 film “The Kindergarten Teacher,” which featured Maggie Gyllenhaal, and the 2019 movie “The Kid,” which starred Ethan Hawke.

It’s a good thing that nobody has ever accused Hollywood of being a sex-grooming gang, or anything.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The Reason Social Justice-Infected Shows Fail Isn't Racism, It's Actually Much Simpler

By Brandon Morse | Sep 12, 2022 

FTA:

The age of woke entertainment built its castle on the sand and with every new attempt to build on it, the castle becomes more and more unstable. Studios reach for excuses as to why, and it typically involves blaming fans and viewers.

{snip}

Outside of consistency within a story, a lot of people have trouble viewing social justice “entertainment” because of a very simple issue; predictability.

Social justice shows, movies, comics, video games, and every other form of media are effectively just propaganda with a mask. Unlike a story made for the sake of a good story, propaganda has to follow certain rules. Social justice/woke entertainment is very rigid in the rules it has to follow.

For instance, the Bechdel test has to be passed. Female lead characters must have almost no flaws. One flaw they are allowed to have is that they don’t believe in their own power enough. If she has a male teacher or leader, she must be better than him at everything from the outset.

The villain must be white and male. The villain can be black, but he or she must also have a compelling argument for doing the things they’re doing. Men must be inferior to women and/or must be stupid and/or evil. A man cannot win an argument or physical confrontation against a woman, no matter how improbable.

Casting must be “diverse,” however if the cast excludes non-white actors completely or has a cast full of one type of non-white person, then that is acceptable.

It’s too predictable and the predictability lends to the boredom that was already present due to the limited ability to tell a good story thanks to the strict parameters set by the social justice ideology. There’s no character growth, no plot twists, no moments that really make you think or feel, and all the while you get the unrelenting preachiness of an ideology you’re not fully on board with if at all.

Bottom line? Social justice storytelling is boring and tired. Not only is it uncreative, but it also requires that all criticism be met with accusations toward the viewers or the fandoms in order to protect and support the political message the show is infected with.

The fast studios cut that cancer out of their midst, the faster they can get back to telling stories that don’t suck.

https://redstate.com/brandon_morse/2022/09/12/the-reason-social-justice-infected-shows-fail-isnt-racism-its-actually-much-simpler-n626379

• Like 1

Funny, I never even knew the Emmys were on last night, and even if I knew and even if there WASN'T a football game, I still wouldn't pay it attention.

Which is too bad, because the left is after Jimmy Kimmel's scalp for laying on the stage pretending to be dead while the first black woman to win for writing a show was trying to giver her acceptance speech.

Kimmel is still getting shit on while I type this.

• Facepalm 2
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, B-Man said:

It's kind of stupid, right? I mean, all it takes to be a nonbinary person is to say you're a nonbinary person. You're still a chick or a dude. Nothing changed except your demented world view.

The other cast members are probably looking at each other saying "Damn, why didn't I think of that? I could have been the first one!"

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
2 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

It's kind of stupid, right? I mean, all it takes to be a nonbinary person is to say you're a nonbinary person. You're still a chick or a dude. Nothing changed except your demented world view.

The other cast members are probably looking at each other saying "Damn, why didn't I think of that? I could have been the first one!"

I'm non-binary.

In fact, I'm hexadecimal.  

• Haha 2

On 9/16/2022 at 3:20 PM, B-Man said:

I have not watched a SNL in  years. Only time I watch it is if I pull one up from the 70s and watch these guys when it was NBC's Saturday Night:

Saturday Night Live

Edited by Fansince88
  • Wow 1

6 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Apparently no one told Barris what happened to Lightyear when they added some lesbo action.

Have at it. I hope you lose billions.

Just read this article today...

https://amgreatness.com/2022/09/19/the-numbers-please/

Some highlights...

• What percentage of the country is black? The average answer was 41 percent. The actual number is 12 percent. Of course, if you watch television commercials, you would think it’s closer to 90 percent. 
  • What percentage of marriages are mixed race? Average answer: 50 percent. The actual number is 1 percent. If you watch television commercials, you would think it is more like 99 percent.

• What percentage is “Latinx”?  Average answer: 39 percent. The actual number is 16 percent. Also, most Latinos hate the term “Latinx.” 
  • How many families make over $500,000 a year? Average answer: 26 percent. The actual number is just one percent.  We somehow think a quarter of the country is rich.  
  • What percentage of Americans are vegetarians? Average answer: 30 percent. The actual number is a paltry five percent. 
  • What percent of Americans live in New York City? Average answer: an astounding 30 percent. The actual number is just three percent.  
  • What percentage of Americans are transgender? The answer given was 22 percent. The actual number is not even one percent.  
  • What percentage of your fellow citizens are gay? The answer give was 30 percent. The actual number is just three percent. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Cheers 2
  • FANtastic 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
4 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

Apparently no one told Barris what happened to Lightyear when they added some lesbo action.

Have at it. I hope you lose billions.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?

Does no one remember how poorly the last remake of Wizard of Oz fared:facepalm:  

The Wiz proved to be a commercial failure, as the $24 million production only earned $13.6 million at the box office.[2][3][10] Though prerelease television broadcast rights had been sold to CBS for over $10 million, in the end, the film produced a net loss of $10.4 million for Motown and Universal.[3][10] At the time, it was the most expensive film musical ever made.[23] The film's failure steered Hollywood studios away from producing the all-black film projects that had become popular during the blaxploitation era of the early to mid-1970s for several years.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?

Does no one remember how poorly the last remake of Wizard of Oz fared:facepalm:  

On the other hand, "Wicked" has done really well. Not a remake, for sure, and to be honest, as a kid who grew up and loved every nostalgic moment of the Wizard of Oz* , I was sure I wouldn't like it, but Wicked turned out to be a really clever story that completely flips what you know of the movie.

But again, people who grew up on the Wizard of Oz and love it like I do want nothing to do with a woke version. It just won't play. I'm not certain about a lot, but I'm damn certain of this.

*Did you know Buddy Ebsen was supposed to be the Tin Man, but he had an allergic reaction to the silver body makeup and had to be cut from the movie? Yeah, you probably know that.

• Cheers 1