Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Hollywoke -- A thread for Tinseltown's Tailspin into Televangelism

Deranged Rhino

1 minute ago, B-Man said:

2eb36f362a5a33bae60c53f16077c5c96b3cdd49

It’s a good time in acting, and commercials, to be a black bear.

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin

It's not widely appreciated that Black Panther: Wakanda Forever is effectively a failure - the raw box office numbers for opening week looked good, but the movie's coming in at the low end of projections that have been consistently lowered by Disney.  BP:WF is probably about $50m below where Disney needs the numbers.

I wonder how big a role that and the butchering of the rest of the MCU played in his ouster.  It must have played some role.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

It's not widely appreciated that Black Panther: Wakanda Forever is effectively a failure - the raw box office numbers for opening week looked good, but the movie's coming in at the low end of projections that have been consistently lowered by Disney.  BP:WF is probably about $50m below where Disney needs the numbers.

I wonder how big a role that and the butchering of the rest of the MCU played in his ouster.  It must have played some role.

I had read that the Genie+ app is hated by park attendees. The parks numbers were down (but with 2020 and 2021, is that fair?), Florida employees were disheartened, etc. Probably a cumulation of things, but money is gonna be reason #1, 2 and 3.

Disney stock lost 37% this year. It is up 7% on this news. 

5 hours ago, Ann said:

I had read that the Genie+ app is hated by park attendees. The parks numbers were down (but with 2020 and 2021, is that fair?), Florida employees were disheartened, etc. Probably a cumulation of things, but money is gonna be reason #1, 2 and 3.

Disney stock lost 37% this year. It is up 7% on this news. 

could be the current business plan for the Parks to force out the average family in order to up-sell to rich people is not working that well. 

13 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

could be the current business plan for the Parks to force out the average family in order to up-sell to rich people is not working that well. 

🤷‍♀️

The guy he is being replaced with is the former woke CEO. Not sure what will change.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Ann said:

🤷‍♀️

The guy he is being replaced with is the former woke CEO. Not sure what will change.

from the comments

9 hours ago
 (Edited)
remove
link

Disney's abysmal quarter is in no way related to Governor Ron DeSantis reelection and his influence on Florida's Reedy Creek Improvement District funding for Disney utility services. RCID provides electric power, natural gas, compressed air, and chilled water to Disney World. RCID is a State of Florida entity. Disney's Board got a look  at future projected costs for using market based utility services. You can't make money in utilities since Enron - but you can lose a ton.

DeSantis won. Again.

3 hours ago, Cinga said:

I don't think we have the Baleciaga story running anywhere yet

bFku7RpyMR43.jpeg

I’ve seen this name pop up a few times over the past couple of days.

What’s this story about?

32 minutes ago, Joe Miner said:

I’ve seen this name pop up a few times over the past couple of days.

What’s this story about?

Balenciaga ran a child pr0n bondage ad. They didn't expect the pushback they got.  The ad is now removed from Twitter although I am sure you can find it if you really try. (Here's a few photos)

It was 3 or4 or 5 year- olds and their teddy bears with bondage gear. (Those papers are something about a supreme court ruling and child pr0n, but I forgot what.)

Balenciaga is now suing the production team. I guess they expect people to believe that no one at Balenciaga signed off on the premise, cost, and production of an ad? 

Cooper Kupp is the only "name" I have seen denounce the ad. 

The NYT says this is bad Q people getting angry about this. 

She seems nice:

• Cheers 4

12 minutes ago, Ann said:

Balenciaga ran a child pr0n bondage ad. They didn't expect the pushback they got.  The ad is now removed from Twitter although I am sure you can find it if you really try. (Here's a few photos)

It was 3 or4 or 5 year- olds and their teddy bears with bondage gear. (Those papers are something about a supreme court ruling and child pr0n, but I forgot what.)

Balenciaga is now suing the production team. I guess they expect people to believe that no one at Balenciaga signed off on the premise, cost, and production of an ad? 

She seems nice:

&#%$ those people.  

• Like 3
  • Cheers 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
3 hours ago, Ann said:

She seems nice:

A three year old holding a teddy bear in BDSM gear?  What the holy &#%$?  

• Like 2

On 11/29/2022 at 10:06 AM, Cinga said:

And that is from a clientele that includes Kardashian, Kidman, Hadid and others.... 

Apparently Kim Kardashian released a statement on Instagram or something condemning it.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Koko said:

Apparently Kim Kardashian released a statement on Instagram or something condemning it.

It basically amounted to: "if they say "oopsie!" I will continue to work with them."

• Like 1