Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Buffalo vs New England Wild Card Game: The Aftermath

Ann

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
23 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

2001-2004 I lived one block from Fenway — as a Yankees fan. Lived with three Sox/Pats fans, making it extra miserable come game days. Living there as the rivalry turned from one sided into a true contest though was really fun. I’d see Sox players all the time at the neighborhood bars or coming in and out of the park. Literally got hit in the face w a door as Big Papi was exiting on a non game day. Knocked me down, dude felt so bad and was so nice. Had beers with Nomar and Pedro (who bought rounds for the whole bar) on a random Tuesday when they stumbled in for last call after a doubleheader.

It was hard not to like those players. Even though they were RedSox. 

My only regret was rooting for the Pats to win that first ring against the Rams. I got swept up into the fun of it all, thinking that it was harmless and there’s no way that kid Brady would ever be able to sustain success... I feel like their run was karmically my fault. 

Sounds like we traveled in very similar circles during that period. I spent many a night at Daisy Buchanan’s, The Last Drop, The Last Hurrah, Snookers, Who’s on First, etc, and have many similar stories.

I would actually be stunned if we weren’t in the same bar at the same time at some point during the early 2000’s

• Love 2

Deranged Rhino
1 minute ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

Sounds like we traveled in very similar circles during that period. I spent many a night at Daisy Buchanan’s, The Last Drop, The Last Hurrah, Snookers, Who’s on First, etc, and have many similar stories.

I would actually be stunned if we weren’t in the same bar at the same time at some point during the early 2000’s

We absolutely were based on that list :beer: It was a fun, fun chapter in my life. And the mixing with sports stars was an unexpected perk of being in Boston at that time. 

2 hours ago, Foxx said:

Come on, it wasn't that bad. We did have the Gazoo led Knicks that were pretty good for a while. The Rangers won it twice and the Mets once, thanks to Billy Buckner. Being a Bills Fan, you obviously understand the mindset and love for a team that has been a perennial loser. The highs are much higher I think.

The Rangers only won once since 1940 -- in 1994.

2 hours ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

Hey, hey, hey now.

Red Sox lifer here.

I want you to picture the absolute misery of growing up a Red Sox and Bills fan prior to 2004. Now compound that misery by doing that growing up a 30 minute drive from what is now Gillette.

I'm with 'ya -- except the geography.

And would you agree that except for 2004 the Sox teams that have won aren't really that inspiring or fun to root for. Josh Beckett, Big Papi, Alex Cora...

1 hour ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

So what you're saying is you were a Massh*le :classic_tongue:

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Fansince88 said:

I often listen the the Mets broadcast. They are real easy to follow via radio

Easier not to gouge your eyes out, too.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, snafu said:

The Rangers only won once since 1940 -- in 1994.

You of course are correct. I don't know why I was thinking we won it during the '11-'12 season as well. We did have a pretty good team that year though.

13 minutes ago, Foxx said:

You of course are correct. I don't know why I was thinking we won it during the '11-'12 season as well. We did have a pretty good team that year though.

I was thinking you got 2014 mixed in there when they lost to the Kings in the Finals.

• Facepalm 1

13 minutes ago, snafu said:

I was thinking you got 2014 mixed in there when they lost to the Kings in the Finals.

Lol. My head is elsewhere ... Thanks for not beating me up too badly, though I deserve it.

:hang:

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, Ann said:

You hate cold? You hate wings?

Kay Adams. You're dead to me. Dead.

No, you're not. I'm only kidding. Please come back. Please! Don't leave me!

• Haha 5