Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Buffalo vs New England Wild Card Game: The Aftermath

Ann

1 minute ago, Foxx said:

If I'm honest, it was Kay Adams here.

She makes me crazy because it's like she does her hair with gardening equipment.  😄

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

How &#%$ing old are you?  lol

One minor correction:  The real goat of that game was Calvin Schiraldi.  I hate Red Sox' fan.

Lol. I'm old enough that I could have said twice for the Mets. But, while I did watch that series in '69 I can't really claim I was a fan at that point. Those Miracle Metropolitans might have put me on the road to fandom though.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

She makes me crazy because it's like she does her hair with gardening equipment.  😄

Lol! She does have a different style almost daily it seems. Makes one wonder what is going on in that Adams household that her hair seems mused a lot. :whistling:

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, Foxx said:

Your right of course and that's why it's called the National Pastime.

I should have prefaced my disdain for the game with the fact that no one (i.e., my father or brothers) ever taught me how to watch game.  What to look for. Different strategies.

But the biggest reason I love football over everything else, action aside, is that every pretty much every game matters. Baseball has something like 250 games per team. I'm pretty sure you can lose your first 20 and still be in it. I still remember my friend, a Cardinals fan, telling me how he left his team for dead in the beginning of the 2011 season.

On the other hand, I think "For Love of the Game" and "Moneyball" made baseball look like there was an element of fun to it.

• Cheers 2

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
42 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

How &#%$ing old are you?  lol

One minor correction:  The real goat of that game was Calvin Schiraldi.  I hate Red Sox' fan.

Hey, hey, hey now.

Red Sox lifer here.

I want you to picture the absolute misery of growing up a Red Sox and Bills fan prior to 2004. Now compound that misery by doing that growing up a 30 minute drive from what is now Gillette.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

45 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

That's her "I just rolled out of your bed, wearing your shirt" look that is probably my favorite Kay Adams look.

• Haha 2
  • Love 1

57 minutes ago, Foxx said:

With all this snow we have got the past two days, I haven't been able to really watch GMF, so I am appreciative of the clips being posted. Thanks!

You must either drive a snowplow or you're old enough to be calling that shit on the TV screen "snow". 

• Like 1

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
1 minute ago, IDBillzFan said:

I should have prefaced my disdain for the game with the fact that no one (i.e., my father or brothers) ever taught me how to watch game.  What to look for. Different strategies.

But the biggest reason I love football over everything else, action aside, is that every pretty much every game matters. Baseball has something like 250 games per team. I'm pretty sure you can lose your first 20 and still be in it. I still remember my friend, a Cardinals fan, telling me how he left his team for dead in the beginning of the 2011 season.

On the other hand, I think "For Love of the Game" and "Moneyball" made baseball look like there was an element of fun to it.

Baseball is meant to be watched live, where as football is much better suited to television.

At a live baseball game, play is pretty much continuous; whereas in football there’s 5 seconds of action followed by 30+ seconds of standing around for 60 minutes (give or take, making room for hurry up).

• Like 2

1 minute ago, IDBillzFan said:

The thing that always drew me to like baseball was that you can watch a game without really having to 'watch' it.

I will always remember my grandfather listening to games on the radio. I never got the allure until I got a bit older and they still had the playoff games on during the day. It was then that I could listen to the games while working that I truly came to appreciate my grandfathers love of baseball on the radio. To this day, I love listening to a bb game on the radio. I wish they still played playoff day games.

• Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

You must either drive a snowplow or you're old enough to be calling that shit on the TV screen "snow". 

Nope. Don't own a plow but I do own more than one property. Days like the last two that make me wish I had a plow though...

1 minute ago, Foxx said:

Nope. Don't own a plow but I do own more than one property. Days like the last two that make me wish I had a plow though...

Tkc

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Foxx said:

I will always remember my grandfather listening to games on the radio.

I mentioned this once before, but when I worked in Orlando years ago, I had a co-worker who was a Mets fan, and he had a friend who worked at a radio station in NY that aired Mets games. The dude would call his friend at the station, his friend would put him on hold, and he'd sit at his desk listening to the game over the phone for two hours.

• Cheers 2

20 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

Hey, hey, hey now.

Red Sox lifer here.

I want you to picture the absolute misery of growing up a Red Sox and Bills fan prior to 2004. Now compound that misery by doing that growing up a 30 minute drive from what is now Gillette.

Oh, I get it.  And honestly as a lifelong Yankees' fan, I was glad when the Red Sox finally won because they had a far more likeable team than we did at the time (I all but gave up my fandom when we got ARoid).

I got such a kick outta them calling it "the best rivalry in baseball."  It was completely one-sided for the first 35+ years of my life.  I didn't dislike the team at all - just hated the M@$$h@l&s.  I absolutely loved Jim Rice, Dewey Evans, and Fisk.

• Like 1

Deranged Rhino
27 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

Oh, I get it.  And honestly as a lifelong Yankees' fan, I was glad when the Red Sox finally won because they had a far more likeable team than we did at the time (I all but gave up my fandom when we got ARoid).

I got such a kick outta them calling it "the best rivalry in baseball."  It was completely one-sided for the first 35+ years of my life.  I didn't dislike the team at all - just hated the M@$$h@l&s.  I absolutely loved Jim Rice, Dewey Evans, and Fisk.

2001-2004 I lived one block from Fenway — as a Yankees fan. Lived with three Sox/Pats fans, making it extra miserable come game days. Living there as the rivalry turned from one sided into a true contest though was really fun. I’d see Sox players all the time at the neighborhood bars or coming in and out of the park. Literally got hit in the face w a door as Big Papi was exiting on a non game day. Knocked me down, dude felt so bad and was so nice. Had beers with Nomar and Pedro (who bought rounds for the whole bar) on a random Tuesday when they stumbled in for last call after a doubleheader.

It was hard not to like those players. Even though they were RedSox. 

My only regret was rooting for the Pats to win that first ring against the Rams. I got swept up into the fun of it all, thinking that it was harmless and there’s no way that kid Brady would ever be able to sustain success... I feel like their run was karmically my fault. 

• Cheers 3

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
1 hour ago, devnull said:

I never took you for a Massh*le

Likely because I’m not a M@$$h@l&.

I’m from Rhode Island. We call them M@$$h@l&s too.

• Haha 2