• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Deranged Rhino

• Crap Throwing Clavin

• Nouseforaname

• Foxx

DNC/MSM (but I repeat myself) internal polling must not show much support for this season of permawar in Ukraine.  They're rolling out Zelinskys wife on 60 Minutes 

• Like 1

Nouseforaname

@Crap Throwing Clavin let’s test my theory about how removing NS & NS2 from the equation is because oil prices have dropped with how OPEC+, led by Russia is now pushing for a 1m barrel a day cut in oil production.

Yeah I’m sure the Alzheimer’s guy is behind this.

Crap Throwing Clavin
3 minutes ago, Nouseforaname said:

@Crap Throwing Clavin let’s test my theory about how removing NS & NS2 from the equation is because oil prices have dropped with how OPEC+, led by Russia is now pushing for a 1m barrel a day cut in oil production.

Yeah I’m sure the Alzheimer’s guy is behind this.

And Russia's current major buyers - China and India - are pushing for price cuts and discounts from Russia, figuring Russia needs their money as much as, if not more than, they need Russian energy.

And oh-by-the-way, energy supplies are Russia's major source of hard currency, which they need to fund the war.  

Absolutely no motivation for Russia to disable the pipelines.  They have no need to drive energy prices up on the world market.

• Like 1
  • FANtastic 2

Nouseforaname
9 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

And Russia's current major buyers - China and India - are pushing for price cuts and discounts from Russia, figuring Russia needs their money as much as, if not more than, they need Russian energy.

And oh-by-the-way, energy supplies are Russia's major source of hard currency, which they need to fund the war.  

Absolutely no motivation for Russia to disable the pipelines.  They have no need to drive energy prices up on the world market.

Brilliant strategy for Biden to help Putin drive up energy prices by blowing up the pipeline.  I’m sure he also secretly organized the meeting in Vienna but told Vlad that he could take credit.

Since you’re a history guy, how often has a country officially annexed a territory only to surrender it militarily the very next day?

Crap Throwing Clavin
2 minutes ago, Nouseforaname said:

Since you’re a history guy, how often has a country officially annexed a territory only to surrender it militarily the very next day?

Can't think of any.  Usually, countries wait until they win the war to announce annexations.  

I mean, I understand why Putin did it - he's trying to create a justification for furthering the conflict on the international stage, and - more importantly - it makes this about "defending Russia," which allows him an excuse to call up reserves.

So it makes sense in this particular, unique situation...but I can't recall another time anyone ever declared territory annexed in the middle of the prosecution of a conflict, let alone on that they're arguably losing.

• FANtastic 2

Nouseforaname
Just now, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Can't think of any.  Usually, countries wait until they win the war to announce annexations.  

I mean, I understand why Putin did it - he's trying to create a justification for furthering the conflict on the international stage, and - more importantly - it makes this about "defending Russia," which allows him an excuse to call up reserves.

So it makes sense in this particular, unique situation...but I can't recall another time anyone ever declared territory annexed in the middle of the prosecution of a conflict, let alone on that they're arguably losing.

Ok thanks for clearing that up.  I was clearly under the impression that he was a master strategist.

Nouseforaname
51 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Critique Zelensky? Putin lover.

Do you think the country that just decided to do a partial mobilization, an annexation of four territories and that is activity trying to push opec to drive energy prices higher is ready to negotiate ? The same country, mind you, that effectively declared war on the west last week, not because of Ukraine or nato expansion but a list of other grievances dating back to Dresden.

Edited by Nouseforaname

10 minutes ago, Nouseforaname said:

Do you think the country that just decided to do a partial mobilization, an annexation of four territories and that is activity trying to push opec to drive energy prices higher is ready to negotiate ? The same country, mind you, that effectively declared war on the west last week, not because of Ukraine or nato expansion but a list of other grievances dating back to Dresden.

I think a leader with so much at stake wouldn't have time for childish Twitter spats, let alone a moronic Twitter poll.

That's what I think.

You can be critical of Zelensky and NOT be a Putin lover. But you knew that.

Nouseforaname
6 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

I think a leader with so much at stake wouldn't have time for childish Twitter spats, let alone a moronic Twitter poll.

That's what I think.

You can be critical of Zelensky and NOT be a Putin lover. But you knew that.

Yes world leaders getting into childish twitter spats is a waste of time.

30 minutes ago, Nouseforaname said:

Yes world leaders getting into childish twitter spats is a waste of time.

Especially when your people are dying in combat.

• FANtastic 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, Nouseforaname said:

Dresden?

Nouseforaname
Just now, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Dresden?

I read a translation of his speech where he mentions the west bombing German cities. 

To me Ukraine and Lamar Jackson have a lot in common.

Neither has done anything that particularly draws my ire, but their fans are so insufferable it makes it impossible for me to like them. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
28 minutes ago, Nouseforaname said:

I read a translation of his speech where he mentions the west bombing German cities. 

:classic_wacko:

That is some seriously stupid historical revisionism.  Dresden was the central rail hub for Saxony - not just the marshalling yards, but the administrative center.  The bombing of Dresden was to support Soviet offensive in to Upper Silesia by Konev's 1st Ukrainian Front.  

43 minutes ago, Nouseforaname said:

@IDBillzFan Personally I think this is happening in every political discussion.

Everything. Everywhere. It's embarrassing to be honest, but the political left is SO angry at everyone who doesn't agree with them, that they'll choke their mother if it keeps her from saying something unflattering about the left's platform.

Hell, some are so angry, they're driving their car over 18-year-olds because they're a Republican.

• Like 2

Nouseforaname
1 hour ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

:classic_wacko:

That is some seriously stupid historical revisionism.  Dresden was the central rail hub for Saxony - not just the marshalling yards, but the administrative center.  The bombing of Dresden was to support Soviet offensive in to Upper Silesia by Konev's 1st Ukrainian Front.  

This is the translation I was referring to.