Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Russia Russia Russia

RkFast

Lavrov says Russia open to talks with West, U.S. dismisses comments as 'posturing'

Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov said on Tuesday that Moscow was open to talks with the West on the war in Ukraine, a claim Washington dismissed as "posturing" because Russia has continued to strike Ukrainian cities.

In an interview on state television, Lavrov said Russia was willing to engage with the United States or with Turkey on ways to end the war, now in its eight month, but had yet to receive any serious proposal to negotiate.

So Russia wants to talk, but we don't? Why is it up to us?

Edited by Cinga
  • Cheers 1

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Deranged Rhino

• Crap Throwing Clavin

• Nouseforaname

• Foxx

Nouseforaname
18 minutes ago, Koko said:

Because Ukraine has already told them to &#%$ off as long as Putin is president.

Heard this on Ben Shapiro yesterday but zielinsky must show that he was pushed into negotiating by his allies.  

1 hour ago, Koko said:

Because Ukraine has already told them to &#%$ off as long as Putin is president.

Yeah, supposedly a deal was close to end the war back in April but the US got Ukraine to walk out. Makes it believable since Zelensky is constantly demanding more money from us and getting it. But I'm sorry, if estimates of 100 thousand dead so far are true, you better at least put together an attempt, or make it look like you want peace at least. 

• Cheers 1

Nouseforaname
5 minutes ago, Cinga said:

Yeah, supposedly a deal was close to end the war back in April but the US got Ukraine to walk out. Makes it believable since Zelensky is constantly demanding more money from us and getting it. But I'm sorry, if estimates of 100 thousand dead so far are true, you better at least put together an attempt, or make it look like you want peace at least. 

100,000 dead ? 

3 minutes ago, Nouseforaname said:

100,000 dead ? 

Those numbers are from admittedly fringe sources, but look at some number that seem to support it. "Official" estimates are around 14,000 Ukraine military and about 25,000 Russians. But do you honestly believe there are more Russian dead than Ukrainians? Ukraine boasted a 500,000 man fighting force when the war began and forced many more into service but is now hiring mercenaries at 1,000 to 2,000 a day because they are running out of fighters.

And this of course doesn't include civilian deaths. It's amazing to me our press corps isn't all over the place there to get us the "truth" but then, not really

• Cheers 1

Nouseforaname
15 minutes ago, Cinga said:

Those numbers are from admittedly fringe sources, but look at some number that seem to support it. "Official" estimates are around 14,000 Ukraine military and about 25,000 Russians. But do you honestly believe there are more Russian dead than Ukrainians? Ukraine boasted a 500,000 man fighting force when the war began and forced many more into service but is now hiring mercenaries at 1,000 to 2,000 a day because they are running out of fighters.

And this of course doesn't include civilian deaths. It's amazing to me our press corps isn't all over the place there to get us the "truth" but then, not really

From my understanding millions fled Ukraine early on so maybe that’s why.  

Nouseforaname
5 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

He's just pissed they won't give him cloning technology.

Maybe he’s referring to this ?

Nouseforaname
2 minutes ago, Foxx said:

I see I'm not alone in my thinking. Thanks.

When the new world order comes, will I have to be doing the same work or can I ask for a promotion?

1 minute ago, Nouseforaname said:

When the new world order comes, will I have to be doing the same work or can I ask for a promotion?

you can ask, but I probably won't give it to you.... :cheers:

• Haha 3

Just now, Nouseforaname said:

Ummm... I guess that depends upon your aspirations. But as a general rule of thumb, working for despots, the lower your profile, the better.

• Cheers 1

18 minutes ago, Nouseforaname said:

Maybe he’s referring to this ?

Hearing that same thing but have to wonder if Xi is on board with a NWO too. Seems he would be against it even more tham Putin

Nouseforaname
24 minutes ago, Foxx said:

Ummm... I guess that depends upon your aspirations. But as a general rule of thumb, working for despots, the lower your profile, the better.

Apparently I've already been working for the despots and have just been conditioned to accept it.

So confused.

Billsandhorns
3 hours ago, Nouseforaname said:

This was directed to the World Bank I believe. 

Doesn't matter to whom it was directed. The U.S. has been the largest funder of this war so far.

Nouseforaname
9 minutes ago, Billsandhorns said:

Doesn't matter to whom it was directed. The U.S. has been the largest funder of this war so far.

Either way after that barrage that took out 30% of its infrastructure they will need a loan.  

Billsandhorns
38 minutes ago, Nouseforaname said:

Either way after that barrage that took out 30% of its infrastructure they will need a loan.  

They already got money to fund government pensions. I would think that money could be better spent on defense.

Nouseforaname
6 minutes ago, Billsandhorns said:

They already got money to fund government pensions. I would think that money could be better spent on defense.

Government pensions?