Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Russia Russia Russia

RkFast

Nouseforaname
20 minutes ago, Robs House said:

Like they say, war makes for strange bedfellows. Appears that's true of culture wars too.

Yep.  Once it's over I'll go back to being Billy Bob Republican.

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Deranged Rhino

• Crap Throwing Clavin

• Nouseforaname

• Foxx

6 minutes ago, RkFast said:

I love it. As much as Im rooting for the Ukrainians, their Veruca Salt act is VERY off-putting. 

Yeah, telling a guy who is helping you to fight the war to '&#%$ off' isn't the smartest idea. Being invaded doesn't give their diplomats a license to be rude @$$h@l&s.

Nouseforaname
33 minutes ago, Koko said:

Yeah, telling a guy who is helping you to fight the war to '&#%$ off' isn't the smartest idea. Being invaded doesn't give their diplomats a license to be rude @$$h@l&s.

The bot was programmed to be rude.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, RkFast said:

I love it. As much as Im rooting for the Ukrainians, their Veruca Salt act is VERY off-putting. 

It's difficult sometimes for me to truly grasp the incredible shitshow we're all watching right now on a global scale.

Giving money to Zelensky becomes much easier if the US wasn't in the throws of a recession that proves every day it is only getting worse. 

Real people here in the US are struggling, yet they're repeatedly told by this administration -- as astonishingly stupid as it sounds to anyone listening -- that their struggles aren't really that bad, and in fact the country is doing very well, and everyone is earning more money than ever, and yes prices are high but there are tremendous savings in the cost of prescription drugs, as if that is enough to offset the prices of gas, groceries, rent, mortgage, etc.

But it's something of a trap. You can't call for smaller government and more personal accountability and responsibility by arguing that the US would be in much better shape if they just gave all that Ukranian money to people here who need it.

If Biden didn't screw up the economy so badly, I'm sure more people would be willing to wave the Ukranian flag, even if we all know it's nothing but a massive money laundering operation.

Thank God Randi Weingarten was in Ukraine recently to get her cut. Think of the kids!

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Cheers 1

5 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

It's difficult sometimes for me to truly grasp the incredible shitshow we're all watching right now on a global scale.

Giving money to Zelensky becomes much easier if the US wasn't in the throws of a recession that proves every day it is only getting worse. 

Real people here in the US are struggling, yet they're repeatedly told by this administration -- as astonishingly stupid as it sounds to anyone listening -- that their struggles aren't really that bad, and in fact the country is doing very well, and everyone is earning more money than ever, and yes prices are high but there are tremendous savings in the cost of prescription drugs, as if that is enough to offset the prices of gas, groceries, rent, mortgage, etc.

But it's something of a trap. You can't call for smaller government and more personal accountability and responsibility by arguing that the US would be in much better shape if they just gave all that Ukranian money to people here who need it.

If Biden didn't screw up the economy so badly, I'm sure more people would be willing to wave the Ukranian flag, even if we all know it's nothing but a massive money laundering operation.

Thank God Randi Weingarten was in Ukraine recently to get her cut. Think of the kids!

This has been my gripe with the large contingency of conservatives for some time now.

It's as if not spending the money, and therefore not debasing the currency and running us ever deeper into a debt that has eclipsed GDP, is not an option.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Robs House said:

This has been my gripe with the large contingency of conservatives for some time now.

It's as if not spending the money, and therefore not debasing the currency and running us ever deeper into a debt that has eclipsed GDP, is not an option.

We're in the bizarro stage of our life right now, as we watch leftists commies BEG for WWIII and accuse you of loving Putin if you don't think we should do everything we can to help Ukraine.

It's really, really weird.

• Like 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
3 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

We're in the bizarro stage of our life right now, as we watch leftists commies BEG for WWIII and accuse you of loving Putin if you don't think we should do everything we can to help Ukraine.

Weirder still, it's cast as this apocalyptic conflict of absolute good vs. absolute evil, by both sides of the debate.  

In reality...this is more like the Iran-Iraq war.  A border squabble between two countries, neither of which is particularly particularly palatable - both are pretty awful, in fact.  But one has a history of attacking it's neighbors.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

5 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

I still can't wrap my head around it.  It leads me back to the belief that the truth always turns out to be a conspiracy theory because, the official version never makes sense. 

We really don't know why we're so invested in this conflict.  There are a lot of theories, but we don't know. All we know is that it doesn't add up, and people always lie about why. Why they had an affair, why they chose their profession, why they bought the BMW, or why they have PTSD from Jan 6.

It's hard to believe we're willing to risk everything to make sure the Ukrainian government continues to rule over a region that's of no value to anyone and that I'm told they've had internal conflict with for the last 8 years. 

The only other reason that's even been suggested is that, for reasons that remain unexplained, Putin might decide to engage in an extended war of regional conquest if we don't remove him now.  That doesn't seem too far off from the line that if we weren't fighting the terrorists in Iraq we'd be fighting them over here.  

• Cheers 3

Crap Throwing Clavin
8 hours ago, Robs House said:

I still can't wrap my head around it.  It leads me back to the belief that the truth always turns out to be a conspiracy theory because, the official version never makes sense. 

Of course, this analysis is based on one fallacy so obvious that everyone misses it:

Policy does not have to make sense.

I mean...ultimately it is congruent with the axioms on which it is based.  But that's not the same as making sense.  If the axioms are nonsensical, so's the policy.

And there's few axioms more nonsensical than "Putin declared war on us by manipulating an election with Facebook ads to get his puppet, Trump, elected."

• Like 3

Nouseforaname
On 9/27/2022 at 10:21 PM, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Not to Turkey.  Turkey, in fact, benefits.  They're the alternative export path for Russian natural gas.

And what possible interest would Turkey have for deploying naval vessels in the Baltic?  They have no strategic interests there - no other strategic interests.  In fact, deploying naval vessels beyond the Black Sea or Eastern Med is a major effort for the Turkish Navy.  As a frigate navy, they can't project power much beyond those areas.

Crap Throwing Clavin
2 hours ago, devnull said:

Aligns with my conspiracy theory that Sweden and/or Finland blew up the pipeline as their price of admission to NATO.

Or as they say in Mafia movies, making their bones

Not how NATO membership works.

Wish it did, though.  Would make NATO much more interesting.

• Haha 1