Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Buffalo vs Kansas City Divisional Game: The Aftermath

Ann

4 hours ago, Ann said:

My husband used basically the same example - going for it on 4th downs - to tell me he thinks McDermott can learn and grow.

he's at a cross road

his entire defensive philosophy of soft passive zones doesn't work against high octane passing offenses with great QB play.

in addition to KC, Cinci and Chargers have hot shot QBs 

He needs to add to the arsenal much more press coverage/ blitzing when needed.

not having Tre was a killer

The challenge is press coverage requires a financial commitment and different skill sets at CB.

25 minutes ago, Figster said:

Thanks for saying

I would take Mahomes over anyone not named Josh Allen. The hug Mahomes gave Allen after the game was genuine and heart felt. At a time Allen really needed a hug. A now more humble Mahomes is much more to my liking. Couple of elite class acts. Mahomes and Allen.

Boy can they put on a show!

MERCY!!!

I felt genuinely bad for him, nobody could have expected him to play any better. His press conference after the game made me sad for him. It is a shame to waste an effort like that, we have been there too. I think a big difference is Reid has had the opportunity to &#%$ games up more then once so he appeared to be more ready for the last moments. Your coach will get there, pain motivates. In time it will lessen and a new season of hope will occur. 

Edited by Carptom1
  • Like 2

Crap Throwing Clavin

Y'know...Mahomes moved his team down the field for a tying QB in less time than it took Dak Prescott to run a QB draw.  :classic_laugh:

• Haha 3
  • Applause 1

8 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Y'know...Mahomes moved his team down the field for a tying QB in less time than it took Dak Prescott to run a QB draw.  :classic_laugh:

Truly nuts if you think about it, but timeouts help

4 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

This ain't an airport.  No reason to announce your departure.

He signed up for this site and made one post to say he's leaving.

That's a special brand of LAMP.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
5 minutes ago, Joe said:

Truly nuts if you think about it, but timeouts help

Yes...but Jerry Jones still must be spitting blood after last night.  

Good.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

It will be interesting to see how the Rams/Niners go after him.  They've got pretty similar philosophies (to each other).

Need to double Hill and jam Kelce at the line and send a DB or a LB who's a sure tackler into the pass rush.  Mahomes escapes the bigger guys all the time. I can't count how many times I thought we had him last night.  Our pass rush played well, but couldn't ever close the deal.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

3 hours ago, Ann said:

strat.jpg.9253424a9f462cd98fee5f1d0b27014a.jpg

And this is exactly why the Overtime rule shouldn't have been an issue.

Couldn't care less about changing the OT rule. As they say, this is the NFL -- go make some plays.  Don't complain if you can't.  Problem is that our coaches didn't allow the Defense to make plays for 13 seconds of game time. 

13 seconds.  I barely watched because I couldn't fathom the Chiefs even getting into position to kick to tie it.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Because they've invested it relatively stupidly.  Addison and Butler account for some $14m in 2021 on the defensive line?

And they're paying A.J. Klein $6m to sit on the bench in a 4-2 scheme?  

I wonder if that makes it easier or more difficult to change schemes.  I mean, if they invested poorly for the scheme they were running, then maybe the misfits would be stars in a different style.  I generally HATE changing coaches or coordinators because the personnel that it took a few years to collect has to be swapped out, and that takes a few years.

Just trying to make chicken salad out of chicken shit.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ann said:

I've greeted a new day following an evening heartbreak with this team more times than I care to count, but this is the first time my heartbreak is geared toward the team and not myself. 

It's tough to watch him right now because you can see how hurt he is. I wish there were a way to give him a Scott Norwood sendoff for the year. 

• Like 4
  • Love 2

52 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

he's at a cross road

his entire defensive philosophy of soft passive zones doesn't work against high octane passing offenses with great QB play.

in addition to KC, Cinci and Chargers have hot shot QBs 

He needs to add to the arsenal much more press coverage/ blitzing when needed.

not having Tre was a killer

The challenge is press coverage requires a financial commitment and different skill sets at CB.

I dont think McD is a “soft zone” kinda guy when it comes to defensive philosophy. He’s a Jim Johnson disciple, which (correct me if I’m wrong) is an attacking style. Leslie, however, is a soft zone  kinda guy.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Joe said:

Astoundingly, I did not.

When the chiefs kicked the FG, I knew they'd lose. Was angered by it because it was a garbage loss in the vein of wide right and forward lateral, but not really SURPRISED, per se.

As a lifelong Sox fan, I can say with 100% confidence that winning it all completely erases the pain from these hard losses.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Carptom1 said:

In time it will lessen and a new season of hope will occur. 

As a native Buffalonian, I'm still standing in line waiting for this...in many ways. Eating crap sandwiches because of the sports, and the region and the weather, and people's assumptions about said things, are going to continue. 

2 hours ago, Meazza said:

I actually had a hard time sleeping.  I'm still upset.

I didn't sleep a wink Saturday night I was so &#%$in' excited for Sunday. Last night, I slept like a baby.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, snafu said:

13 seconds.  I barely watched because I couldn't fathom the Chiefs even getting into position to kick to tie it.

I'll start the narrative: What was worse? "In the crease" or "13 Seconds" or "Wide Right?"

• Like 1
  • Angry 1

1 hour ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

He's already HOF good.  He just has to maintain that level.

I had wanted Daboll to stick around one more year to help Josh cement that play ability. He don't need it, Josh is his own man at this point. Glad to hear he is going back to school this off-season and doing some more training with Palmer.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, snafu said:

Need to double Hill and jam Kelce at the line and send a DB or a LB who's a sure tackler into the pass rush.  Mahomes escapes the bigger guys all the time. I can't count how many times I thought we had him last night.  Our pass rush played well, but couldn't ever close the deal.

This is what really bothered me last night.

If I can ever get up the gumption to rewatch the game anytime soon, I want to count the number of times we were a fingernail away from laying a hand on him and tripping him up. Off the top of my head, I want to say the number was right around ten times. 

• Cheers 1