Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Buffalo vs Kansas City Divisional Game: The Aftermath

Ann

44 minutes ago, Seasons1992 said:

I'll start the narrative: What was worse? "In the crease" or "13 Seconds" or "Wide Right?"

That's like asking whether puking on yourself or crapping your pants is worse.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2
  • Applause 1

8 minutes ago, Foxx said:

Situational I presume.

In what situation is crapping yourself MORE acceptable?  Asking for Brandon.

• Wow 1
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Robs House said:

I can't really explain it, but I don't have any real feeling about any of this. It was sort of like watching a movie with a shitty ending.  It sucks and then you turn the channel.

That said, somebody should be fired for what happened yesterday.  It was bad enough letting them march down the field and score a TD in less than than a minute, but there's no excuse for then turning around and letting them get a FG with 13 seconds. 

It may sound crazy, but if that was McD's doing I would fire him too.  Sometimes an otherwise good coaching staff plateaus and you have to bring somebody else in to get you over the hump. This team is too talented to squander like that.

This team's inability to win close games despite their dominance otherwise suggests that this coaching staff has a proclivity for choking in big moments.

I agree that I'm pretty numb about the outcome. For me, it is a healthy mix of

1) "oh crap here we go again" and

2) knowing that we just ripped their hearts out twice and

3) fearing that KC is the spitting image of us and therefore they can rip our hearts out, and

4) being personally unconscious for 13 seconds because how could a team possible get into position to kick in 13  seconds and

5) getting close so many times that I personally try to just enjoy the roller coaster ride, even if there's a big tree at the end of the track that I crash into

• Like 2

Just now, Alaska Darin said:

When you're wearing a kilt.

7 minutes ago, snafu said:

5) getting close so many times that I personally try to just enjoy the roller coaster ride, even if there's a big tree at the end of the track that I crash into

Whiskey bottles, and brand new cars
Oak tree you're in my way...

One little problem that confronts you 
Got a monkey on your back
Just one more fix, Lord might do the trick
One hell of a price for you to get your kicks...

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

Ooh ooh that smell,

can't you smell that smell

You fool, you

Can't you smell that smell

Virgil's Thought #4 ??

38 minutes ago, snafu said:

) being personally unconscious for 13 seconds because how could a team possible get into position to kick in 13  seconds and

Me also.......and #5, I'll buy you wings and beers at the Big Tree. Just shout out and I'll be there in 6 hours from Cincinnati.

3 minutes ago, Seasons1992 said:

Me also.......and #5, I'll buy you wings and beers at the Big Tree. Just shout out and I'll be there in 6 hours from Cincinnati.

Ha!

Six hours for me from Long Island.

59 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

If McD wasn't so malleable as a head coach, I'd be there with you.  He ain't perfect but he's got the right mind-set to evolve.

Completely agree, for whatever it's worth. The dude who went for it on fourth down last night at midfield in the opening drive is not the same dude who was hired as head coach.

It's easy to yell "I want blood" and "someone needs to be fired," but the NFL is littered with coaches and players who do certain things well all year, only to not get them done at a critical time. I can probably live without Frazier, but until last night, there was no denying the point differential of this defense.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, snafu said:

Ha!

Six hours for me from Long Island.

Bring me a peperoni pizza (of course we call them a pie) I will meet you on the way through. Heck a dozen bagels too. Nothing like them from the Island!

• Cheers 1

Nouseforaname
22 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Completely agree, for whatever it's worth. The dude who went for it on fourth down last night at midfield in the opening drive is not the same dude who was hired as head coach.

It's easy to yell "I want blood" and "someone needs to be fired," but the NFL is littered with coaches and players who do certain things well all year, only to not get them done at a critical time. I can probably live without Frazier, but until last night, there was no denying the point differential of this defense.

Except that this defense was just as dominant last year and still shit the bed and looked like there was 11 of me on the field and not the so called #1 defense against the Chiefs.

This isn't just a playoff thing, they shit the bed against a few teams on defense where it felt as if their opponent can just ask madden and still get a first down whether it's a run or a pass.  That's unacceptable.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Meazza said:

Except that this defense was just as dominant last year and still shit the bed and looked like there was 11 of me on the field and not the so called #1 defense against the Chiefs.

This isn't just a playoff thing, they shit the bed against a few teams on defense where it felt as if their opponent can just ask madden and still get a first down whether it's a run or a pass.  That's unacceptable.

We need new leadership on D as much as anything else.