Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Buffalo vs Kansas City Divisional Game: The Aftermath

Ann

14 minutes ago, Seasons1992 said:

I'll start the narrative: What was worse? "In the crease" or "13 Seconds" or "Wide Right?"

Gotta be last night's '13 Seconds' because it is fresh. That said, as time wears on, it'll still be 'Wide Right'.

1 minute ago, Foxx said:

Gotta be last night's '13 Seconds' because it is fresh. That said, as time wears on, it'll still be 'Wide Right'.

“Wide right” will always be the most devastating.

• Like 1

I can't really explain it, but I don't have any real feeling about any of this. It was sort of like watching a movie with a shitty ending.  It sucks and then you turn the channel.

That said, somebody should be fired for what happened yesterday.  It was bad enough letting them march down the field and score a TD in less than than a minute, but there's no excuse for then turning around and letting them get a FG with 13 seconds. 

It may sound crazy, but if that was McD's doing I would fire him too.  Sometimes an otherwise good coaching staff plateaus and you have to bring somebody else in to get you over the hump. This team is too talented to squander like that.

This team's inability to win close games despite their dominance otherwise suggests that this coaching staff has a proclivity for choking in big moments.

• Like 3
  • Wow 1

6 hours ago, Joe said:

Sure. Hey, maybe you liked their past three 1st and 2nd round picks.

What did they have combined, 5 sacks? 6?

You're entitled to your totally incorrect opinions.

Why not throw out a "I don't understand how the draft works" straight up?

Guys like you bitched incessantly about Eric Moulds, who took into his 3rd season to develop.  THAT IS LITERALLY HOW THE DRAFT WORKS in all but a handful of cases. 

Very few rookies are significant contributors on playoff football teams.  Those that are are generally CBs and OLineman.  DLineman, WRs, etc normally take a lot more time to develop.  There are exceptions every year to this but most of the exceptions are guys picked REALLY early in the draft.

But you keep up your "Whoa is me, I'm a BILLS' fan" world tour.  Watching your posts after any loss is the same as seeing the old Bullwinkle skit where he's trying to pull the rabbit outta the hat.

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

6 minutes ago, Robs House said:

I can't really explain it, but I don't have any real feeling about any of this. It was sort of like watching a movie with a shitty ending.  It sucks and then you turn the channel.

That said, somebody should be fired for what happened yesterday.  It was bad enough letting them march down the field and score a TD in less than than a minute, but there's no excuse for then turning around and letting them get a FG with 13 seconds. 

It may sound crazy, but if that was McD's doing I would fire him too.  Sometimes an otherwise good coaching staff plateaus and you have to bring somebody else in to get you over the hump. This team is too talented to squander like that.

This team's inability to win close games despite their dominance otherwise suggests that this coaching staff has a proclivity for choking in big moments.

Not that I'm advocating but more curious, who would you replace him with? Jim Harbaugh?

4 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

Guys like you bitched incessantly about Eric Moulds, who took into his 3rd season to develop.  THAT IS LITERALLY HOW THE DRAFT WORKS in all but a handful of cases. 

Very few rookies are significant contributors on playoff football teams.  Those that are are generally CBs and OLineman.  DLineman, WRs, etc normally take a lot more time to develop.  There are exceptions every year to this but most of the exceptions are guys picked REALLY early in the draft.

But you keep up your "Whoa is me, I'm a BILLS' fan" world tour.  Watching your posts after any loss is the same as seeing the old Bullwinkle skit where he's trying to pull the rabbit outta the hat.

Guys like me bitched that Moulds wasn't allowed on the field.

Thanks, Marv.

1 minute ago, Foxx said:

Not that I'm advocating but more curious, who would you replace him with? Jim Harbaugh?

I don't care who you are, but that there is funny.

• Haha 1

Just now, Foxx said:

I'm not necessarily saying I'd do it at all, I don't know enough about who made what calls to make that decision.  But if that was my team I'd be finding out whose decision it was to run that defense and eliminating them from the organization.

• Like 1
  • Wow 2

2 minutes ago, Foxx said:

The only way I'd advocate changing out McDermott at this stage would be for a McVay/LaFleur type.

But even then I'm not sure I would.

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

Just now, Joe said:

Guys like me bitched that Moulds wasn't allowed on the field.

Thanks, Marv.

Given Moulds himself admitted he wasn't putting in the work required, your "blaming the wrong thing" streak is mercilessly intact.

10 minutes ago, Robs House said:

It may sound crazy, but if that was McD's doing I would fire him too. 

If McD wasn't so malleable as a head coach, I'd be there with you.  He ain't perfect but he's got the right mind-set to evolve.

• Like 6
  • Wow 1

Nouseforaname
1 minute ago, Alaska Darin said:

If McD wasn't so malleable as a head coach, I'd be there with you.  He ain't perfect but he's got the right mind-set to evolve.

What's frustrating to me personally and I'm sure many here but there doesn't seem to be much of a difference from last years playoff game except for how JA stepped up.  

This pissed the hell out of me.

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
3 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

And Rousseau contributed quite well, considering he's a rookie with one year of college ball under his belt who took last year off.  Basham didn't do too badly, just didn't get much playing time.

Oliver and Phillips, on the other hand...both came along nicely this season, Oliver in his third year, Phillips in his fourth but basically losing a year-plus to an ACL injury.  Epenada, in his second year, showed some flashes.  Most defensive linemen, it takes time.   I think the biggest hindrance to their progress, in fact, is them sharing time with players like Addison, Obada, and Ankou.  You won't convince me that Basham, raw as he is, is that much of a downgrade from Addison.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

23 minutes ago, Ann said:

“Wide right” will always be the most devastating.

"No goal."

But on a Bills board, totally understand that sentiment.  :beer:

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

And Rousseau contributed quite well, considering he's a rookie with one year of college ball under his belt who took last year off.  Basham didn't do too badly, just didn't get much playing time.

I was really pleased with what I saw out of Groot.

I mean, who knows what Basham is, given his 1/5th share of snaps. Epenesa on the other hand...

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 minute ago, Joe said:

I was really pleased with what I saw out of Groot.

I mean, who knows what Basham is, given his 1/5th share of snaps. Epenesa on the other hand...

Then why the &#%$ are you bitching about them?????

And somehow I'm the one who was in a mental hospital last week.  :classic_rolleyes:

• Haha 3