Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Buffalo vs Kansas City Divisional Game: The Aftermath

Ann

Beer__League__Hockey
21 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Because they've invested it relatively stupidly.  Addison and Butler account for some $14m in 2021 on the defensive line?

And they're paying A.J. Klein $6m to sit on the bench in a 4-2 scheme?  

And AJ plays better than treMaine when out there, in both pass coverage and run reads.  Mind boggling.

Beer__League__Hockey
10 minutes ago, Foxx said:

What do you think of Oliver?

asking for a friend...

My opinion, we reached.  Maybe he'll change is game and get fatter, but it appears his ceiling is above average but never pro bowl quality 3 tech DT.

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
22 minutes ago, Joe Miner said:

They're also paying Edmunds $12ish mil (?) to trail every play by 7 yards or to run directly into an O lineman.

Surprisingly, according to Sportrac, Edmunds gets paid less than Klein.  

Which makes Klein's lack of snaps that much more infuriating.

Beer__League__Hockey
2 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Surprisingly, according to Sportrac, Edmunds gets paid less than Klein.  

Which makes Klein's lack of snaps that much more infuriating.

All of the Edmunds kids (and his Daddy) are just the middling sort of NFL football players.  Lots of summer football camps, workout drills and HGH bought on Daddy's dime, but no innate football instincts.  Proving you can't buy a roboplayer, they are just born.

Nouseforaname
2 hours ago, Seasons1992 said:

Nothing "has" to happen. Dan Marino is holding on line 3 for you.......

Yes and I don't want that to happen to JA.  

&#%$ Dan Marino.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Meazza said:

I actually had a hard time sleeping.  I'm still upset.

Understandable. It was an impossible pill to swallow.

The number 1 D in the NFL can't stop them for 13 seconds? Why the deep kick? WTF?

Edited by Figster

7 minutes ago, Meazza said:

I actually had a hard time sleeping.  I'm still upset.

Astoundingly, I did not.

When the chiefs kicked the FG, I knew they'd lose. Was angered by it because it was a garbage loss in the vein of wide right and forward lateral, but not really SURPRISED, per se.

1 hour ago, Carptom1 said:

I hate to break it to you but your defense is average too… maybe. Many Bills fans got sucked into thinking that the defense was elite because of the rankings at the end of the year. A steady diet of the AFC east quarterbacks will do that to you. I saw plenty that honestly thought we would be held to 17 points. I tried to tell them that the offense now is different then it was in week 5. We were arrogant in the last Super Bowl and the first half of this year. Had the attitude of this is how we do it prove you can stop it. He banged his head on that wall for several games, then he changed. I don’t remember one deep throw last night. 

I think almost everyone here understands the Bills have a below average front 7 paired with an excellent secondary.  I think the coaching staff understands it too which is why we just rotate in JAGs all game and hope the bend-don't-break style holds up until one of the DBs makes a play....which it usually does, at least until you get to the playoffs and are playing QBs who doesn't make stupid mistakes and bad throws.  It was pretty clear to see the difference this weekend between the Bills D and teams like SF and LA who were also playing (and shutting down) future HOF QBs.

None of which changes the fact they still should have won if not for the coach reverting into scared-to-lose mentality in the last 13 seconds.   The Athletic headline this morning summed it up well:  "13 seconds of stupidity"

Edited by KD in CA
  • Like 3

33 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

I think almost everyone here understands the Bills have a below average front 7 paired with an excellent secondary.  I think the coaching staff understands it too which is why we just rotate in JAGs all game and hope the bend-don't-break style holds up until one of the DBs makes a play....which it usually does, at least until you get to the playoffs and are playing QBs who doesn't make stupid mistakes and bad throws.  It was pretty clear to see the difference this weekend between the Bills D and teams like SF and LA who were also playing (and shutting down) future HOF QBs.

None of which changes the fact they still should have won if not for the coach reverting into scared-to-lose mentality in the last 13 seconds.   The Athletic headline this morning summed it up well:  "13 seconds of stupidity"

I would take Allen over Rodgers anytime. He very well may be a HOF quarterback based on individual stats, but he never would have preformed like Allen did in that game last night because he doesn’t have a championship heart. Allen or Mahomes could care less what the mountain is they are going to try to climb it with one leg. As soon as Rogers gets frustrated he folds up like a cheap tent. 

• Like 2
  • FANtastic 3

Just now, Carptom1 said:

I would take Allen over Rodgers anytime. He very well may be a HOF quarterback based on individual stats, but he never would have preformed like Allen did in that game last night because he doesn’t have a championship heart. Allen or Mahomes could care less what the mountain is they are going to try to climb it with one leg. As soon as Rogers gets frustrated he folds up like a cheap tent. 

Thanks for saying

I would take Mahomes over anyone not named Josh Allen. The hug Mahomes gave Allen after the game was genuine and heart felt. At a time Allen really needed a hug. A now more humble Mahomes is much more to my liking. Couple of elite class acts. Mahomes and Allen.

Boy can they put on a show!

MERCY!!!

• Like 2