Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Buffalo vs Kansas City Divisional Game: The Aftermath

Ann

In amongst all the #1 defence narrative, it feels like once a team identifies an effective game plan we can’t adjust and they can exploit it over and over again. Felt that way against Colts and 1st New England loss. 

Issue with any talk of getting rid of Frazier is will they brave the media shit storm of firing a coach labelled as #1 in 2021. Best case scenario feels like someone being stupid enough to give Frazier a HC chance.

• Like 1
  • Applause 2

8 hours ago, Core Four said:

Between him and 87, it is a very difficult task.  You have to get to Mahomes and rattle him, where he'll do dumb things like throw across his body which can lead to int's.  One thing is for sure, you are not beating KC with coverage, alone.  This is a fact that is lost on Frazier.

might have been nice to jam both Kelce and Hill at the line,

then send one of those guys on a blitz

• Like 2

DaBillsFanSince1973

the over reactions are priceless here. if you don't have a thick skin, you may not want to be a bills fan. they will hurt you. the better team won. all the opinions and the would of done this or should of done that is nothing more than just over reacting opinions from over reacting fans who believe they could of done a better job. 

will they learn from it? given the past 5 years or so, they seem to come back a better team and learn from the past season. shame that games the likes of this one, buffalo always seems to be on the losing end but as I said, you need thick skin to endure games like this.

they will be back. they will be a better team. they will reach the ultimate goal as long as 17 is under center, hopefully in 2022/23.

I'll close, going in to a long off season saying with absolute certainty that JA is the best QB to ever put on a bills uniform, simply an amazing competitor.

GO BILLS!!

• Like 6
  • Love 1

8 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

the over reactions are priceless here. if you don't have a thick skin, you may not want to be a bills fan. they will hurt you. the better team won. all the opinions and the would of done this or should of done that is nothing more than just over reacting opinions from over reacting fans who believe they could of done a better job. 

will they learn from it? given the past 5 years or so, they seem to come back a better team and learn from the past season. shame that games the likes of this one, buffalo always seems to be on the losing end but as I said, you need thick skin to endure games like this.

they will be back. they will be a better team. they will reach the ultimate goal as long as 17 is under center, hopefully in 2022/23.

I'll close, going in to a long off season saying with absolute certainty that JA is the best QB to ever put on a bills uniform, simply an amazing competitor.

GO BILLS!!

I worry the coaching staff never gets over the hump. The decisions made on those last 13 seconds will be questioned for many years to come. Can the coaching staff overcome that? I guess we will see in the next few years.

• Like 3
  • Cheers 2

28 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

GO BILLS!!

JA is fantastic, I agree. I also think that poses a problem. It gives the front office and coaches reason to do nothing to improve the rest of the team, like this past offseason.

• O Rly 1

Nouseforaname
3 hours ago, Joe said:

Just wait till you've got 40 years in, kid.

My thoughts exactly.  One of the greatest qb performances ever and it’s for nothing.  Shockingly many of us weren’t surprised. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, snafu said:

I don’t think Daboll needs to go.

If the defense is truly Frazier’s, then he can go.  If the defense is McDermott’s, then losing Frazier might not mean much.

Daboll called another great game.  There were execution mistakes (there were  a couple of times on 3rd down when Motor didn't take cutback lanes that were in front of him and bent the runs too wide, for example).  Josh made a couple of pretty questionable RPO decisions as well.  That's just football.

The offense was terrific.  The defense was the opposite.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, Joe said:

JA is fantastic, I agree. I also think that poses a problem. It gives the front office and coaches reason to do nothing to improve the rest of the team, like this past offseason.

You're an idiot.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

47 minutes ago, Ann said:

I worry the coaching staff never gets over the hump. The decisions made on those last 13 seconds will be questioned for many years to come. Can the coaching staff overcome that? I guess we will see in the next few years.

It's hard to say McDermott isn't evolving...and for a very conservative guy, I'd say he's doing it at a rapid pace.  The fact that he regularly goes for fourth downs, almost without regard to field position alone is enough to justify that.

• Like 3
  • Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

You're an idiot.

Sure. Hey, maybe you liked their past three 1st and 2nd round picks.

What did they have combined, 5 sacks? 6?

You're entitled to your totally incorrect opinions.

5 minutes ago, Joe said:

Sure. Hey, maybe you liked their past three 1st and 2nd round picks.

What did they have combined, 5 sacks? 6?

You're entitled to your totally incorrect opinions.

I'd rather put your ignorance on display.  Tell the class what you'd have done differently. 

53 minutes ago, Ann said:

So we thought the same thing about Reid. His clock management was abysmal a few years ago. Really dumb and unavoidable issues. Finally after enough media bashing it changed. I don’t know if he “ got a guy” to take care of it but it is not as much of an issue now. That last 13 seconds was awful and if I was Allen I would be like WTF? Besides the dumb choice to kickoff, you give up consecutive plays of twenty yards? Hold us, deck us do anything to not let that happen. It was 13 damn seconds. It is a shame the media wants to pit Allen against Mahomes, who is better. Honestly he is the only QB I would trade straight up for if I had to trade. I do think you will get there he is too good to not.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

19 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

It's hard to say McDermott isn't evolving...and for a very conservative guy, I'd say he's doing it at a rapid pace.  The fact that he regularly goes for fourth downs, almost without regard to field position alone is enough to justify that.

My husband used basically the same example - going for it on 4th downs - to tell me he thinks McDermott can learn and grow.

• Like 2

I have been a fan since 1987 and I can tell after last night that I simply do not have it in me anymore to stick with this nonsense. I don’t know what it is but this team simply cannot get the job done. Sadly since I no longer live in NY and have other options it’s time to move on. There’s no sugarcoating it. Last night was a disgrace and they ought to be embarrassed. 

• Sad 1

I said it during the game, just after the game, and will say it again here.  We missed Tre White out there.  No, he would not necessarily shut down whoever he was covering but he most likely would have made a number of plays to change the outcome in our favor.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

3 hours ago, Joe said:

Just wait till you've got 40 years in, kid.

Nate Geary stinks, his outlook, critiques and takes are terrible and nonsensical . I can't stand Schopp but I would rather listen to him than Geary, he's bad.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

On the other hand, 4th and one foot and he didn't go for it...?  Can a coach really afford to give the ball back to Mahomes for any reason?  I think NOT.

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, cwb5581 said:

I have been a fan since 1987 and I can tell after last night that I simply do not have it in me anymore to stick with this nonsense. I don’t know what it is but this team simply cannot get the job done. Sadly since I no longer live in NY and have other options it’s time to move on. There’s no sugarcoating it. Last night was a disgrace and they ought to be embarrassed. 

bye now...

• Like 1