Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Buffalo vs Kansas City Divisional Game: The Aftermath

Ann

1 minute ago, 4merper4mer said:

27 being out couldn’t have helped.  His speed is an under appreciated part of his game.

I think you meant could have helped.  Yes, it would have helped most because Wallace and Taron Johnson are not very good.  I don't think the end result would be different since Mahomes wasn't really rattled to the point he made panic throws.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

27 being out couldn’t have helped.  His speed is an under appreciated part of his game.

He's also smart AF.  He gets most of his picks are from coming off his responsibility. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Core Four said:

I think you meant could have helped.  Yes, it would have helped most because Wallace and Taron Johnson are not very good.  I don't think the end result would be different since Mahomes wasn't really rattled to the point he made panic throws.

I meant it couldn’t have helped that he was absent.  At the end of the day we needed one more play from the D.  Maybe 27 makes it.  I’d bet $$$$$$$$ he is at home in anguish.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

I’ve got a lot of thoughts running through my head about this team and that game.  I won’t lose sight of the fact that every player on our team played their hearts out. 

And so did the other team.

This sucks to feel like we’re the annual bridesmaid again. And at the end of the day, it’s entertainment. I’m not going to lose sight of that fact, either.

I know that this team can get better in a few spots. I don’t know if KC can get better in a few spots. we took them to the limit and should have come out on top. We didn’t. We’ll try again next season.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Big Gun said:

Has Frazier been fired yet? Cant happen soon enough, Pegula should demand it!

I may be surprised, but I doubt Frazier gets another bite at the head coach apple, so we will soon get to see if McD cares more about the improvement of the entire org or loyalty to his hires.

I just hope we can stop hearing about the vaunted #1 defense, which as anyone who watched them get trucked in multiple games this year knows is a sham despite the rating.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, The Guy In Pants said:

I hope Daboll finds a nice new home somewhere and the Bills can being in an OC to take this offense to the next level.

Our offense IS at the next level.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, KD in CA said:

What certainly didn’t make sense was playing a TD prevent defense when they needed a FG prevent defense.

Honestly, I’ll eventually feel ok about it as long as Daboll and Frazier go.

I don’t think Daboll needs to go.

If the defense is truly Frazier’s, then he can go.  If the defense is McDermott’s, then losing Frazier might not mean much.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ann said:

Yes, making this loss very painful. I think it is another KC Super Bowl win. 😞

KC should win it this year.

If their line was healthy last year, we’d be talking about a three-peat.

4 minutes ago, Hedge said:

I may be surprised, but I doubt Frazier gets another bite at the head coach apple, so we will soon get to see if McD cares more about the improvement of the entire org or loyalty to his hires.

I just hope we can stop hearing about the vaunted #1 defense, which as anyone who watched them get trucked in multiple games this year knows is a sham despite the rating.

I would be surprised if Frazier gets another chance at a HC job, as well.  Who wants an ultra conservative, scared coach?  If, and this is a big if, Tony Dungy gets a GM job, I can see him bringing Frazier along as HC.

I would assume McD was on board with this defensive plan.  Did he care that Frazier made no adjustments at half time?  I believe this is definitely Frazier's defense and scheme, but I wonder if McD fully buys into it.  McD has input and probably had a hand in changing the way the dline rushed from the Tampa Bay game on.  Though this game they reverted back to the same weak, reactive dline from earlier in the season.  I'm not sure McD would fire Frazier, I actually kind of doubt it.  Instead, he will draft another CB.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alaska Darin said:

100% agree.  He's a huge donut hole far too much of the time. 

A lot of it is the scheme.

A lot.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, snafu said:

A lot of it is the scheme.

A lot.

Agree.  I'm with those who would be in favor of moving Edmunds to OLB.  He doesn't have the instincts or build to play MLB.  He's basically used as a DB who lines up in the MLB spot.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Foxx said:

Thank you. Josh's will is so very evident it is almost ridiculous.

Had we not kicked into the endzone at the end of regulation there, we might be wearing the other shoe right now.

So one of the biggest turns in the game was early after you guys scored the first TD fairly easily. I think Mahomes ability and willingness to run took your defense by surprise. That touchdown was totally his drive and his will to not lose. If we are forced into a punt there I think we lose. All the momentum would have been against us. At that point you were getting good pressure and he showed a lot of drive to run. That helped loosen up the d a bit. After that the pocket was much cleaner. I watched Allen’s presser and genuinely feel bad for him. Your head coach didn’t want to answer questions about the kick. He knows he f upped

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Carptom1 said:

So one of the biggest turns in the game was early after you guys scored the first TD fairly easily. I think Mahomes ability and willingness to run took your defense by surprise. That touchdown was totally his drive and his will to not lose. If we are forced into a punt there I think we lose. All the momentum would have been against us. At that point you were getting good pressure and he showed a lot of drive to run. That helped loosen up the d a bit. After that the pocket was much cleaner. I watched Allen’s presser and genuinely feel bad for him. Your head coach didn’t want to answer questions about the kick. He knows he f upped

Not sure how Mahomes' ability and willingness to run took the defense by surprise, at least it should not have.  If it did, our DC was asleep at the wheel, which I don't dismiss that possibility at all.  What perplexes me is why we didn't have a spy in the middle right behind the LOS.  That would have made a lot of sense.

Josh Allen and Gabe Davis deserved a much better showing from the defense, including the DC's idiotic game plan.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Core Four said:

Not sure how Mahomes' ability and willingness to run took the defense by surprise, at least it should not have.  If it did, our DC was asleep at the wheel, which I don't dismiss that possibility at all.  What perplexes me is why we didn't have a spy in the middle right behind the LOS.  That would have made a lot of sense.

Josh Allen and Gabe Davis deserved a much better showing from the defense, including the DC's idiotic game plan.

At some point you just run out of guys. Hardman has been proving his worth as a speed guy also ( finally) that touchdown run he had was pretty special. In the end it was the two that always come up big. Kelce has maybe a couple more years of elite play left. Then things will get interesting. I hope we keep the pedal down on Cincy next week as that is what cost us last game. Burrows is another special one, but he is going to be on his back a lot on Sunday. They will need to score 40 to beat us at home. I just don’t see that happening. It would really suck to have to play a Sb at someone’s home stadium 2 years in a row