Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Buffalo vs Kansas City Divisional Game: The Aftermath

Ann

22 minutes ago, Joe said:

I've gotten wheelbarrows of shit talk by text and social media.

Part and parcel of being a fan of this franchise.

The shit talk you receive is generally in response to the shit talk you give.

I spent years puffing my chest during the SB run, and spent subsequent years getting reminded of those losses. I learned to temper my fandom in the face of adversity, especially after the past 20 years. I never get too crazy about beating a team unless it's with you chuckleheads.

My phone blew up after the game last night, all of them texts and calls from friends telling me how sorry they were for the loss, that they were thinking of me, and -- more often than anything -- that everyone now knows the Bills are one of THE top teams in the NFL and will compete for another decade.

The most empathetic texts came rom a Jets fan, Chargers fan, Giants fan, Raiders fan and Browns fan. All a reminder of where this team used to be.

It was a shit way to lose, but that 4th and 13 TD toss to Davis will carry me through the offseason when I'm not feasting on the NE* beatdown.

Go Bills.

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

The shit talk you receive is generally in response to the shit talk you give.

I spent years puffing my chest during the SB run, and spent subsequent years getting reminded of those losses. I learned to temper my fandom in the face of adversity, especially after the past 20 years. I never get too crazy about beating a team unless it's with you chuckleheads.

My phone blew up after the game last night, all of them texts and calls from friends telling me how sorry they were for the loss, that they were thinking of me, and -- more often than anything -- that everyone now knows the Bills are one of THE top teams in the NFL and will compete for another decade.

The most empathetic texts came rom a Jets fan, Chargers fan, Giants fan, Raiders fan and Browns fan. All a reminder of where this team used to be.

It was a shit way to lose, but that 4th and 13 TD toss to Davis will carry me through the offseason when I'm not feasting on the NE* beatdown.

Go Bills.

Our experience last night was exactly the same.  Most of my friends are "closet" BILLS fans now...they root for us unless we're playing against their team.

But it's because Joe's a BILLS' fan.  Sure it is.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Joe said:

OK, boomer.

One point I'd make is that with their average defenses, KC, CIN, LAR all advanced when we did not.

I'd have used those picks on skill position players. Like, I don't know, maybe an RB that can be an impact player. Another WR. Perhaps even a second TE.

Any of those would be better than what we got out of the three DE we took.

Yes, because offense is what we were lacking. 

tumblr_inline_mw2hz0Z0io1rpq48o.gif

• Facepalm 1
  • Haha 3

Crap Throwing Clavin
19 minutes ago, Joe said:

OK, boomer.

One point I'd make is that with their average defenses, KC, CIN, LAR all advanced when we did not.

I'd have used those picks on skill position players. Like, I don't know, maybe an RB that can be an impact player. Another WR. Perhaps even a second TE.

Because THAT'S what this team needs.  A better backup TE.  

• Haha 2
  • Applause 1

5 hours ago, Joe said:

Just wait till you've got 40 years in, kid.

I don't listen to Geary, but I would bet everything I have in this world that he takes this position because he fills his audience seats with a ton of Bills fans who lose their ever-loving shit after a loss, and see only doom and gloom and never, ever appreciate the incredible effort of a quarterback most people thought was trash. He plays to the fan who sees a loss like this and immediately argues the Bills need to clean house, top to bottom, or that the Bills will destroy Allen's career.

He's like Sullivan and Wawrow. Prodding the low-hanging fruit for clicks and buzz because they're easily had.

Not that you'd know any fans like that. :classic_laugh:

• Haha 4

33 minutes ago, Joe said:

OK, boomer.

I hate to break it to you but your defense is average too… maybe. Many Bills fans got sucked into thinking that the defense was elite because of the rankings at the end of the year. A steady diet of the AFC east quarterbacks will do that to you. I saw plenty that honestly thought we would be held to 17 points. I tried to tell them that the offense now is different then it was in week 5. We were arrogant in the last Super Bowl and the first half of this year. Had the attitude of this is how we do it prove you can stop it. He banged his head on that wall for several games, then he changed. I don’t remember one deep throw last night. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

I don't listen to Geary, but I would bet everything I have in this world that he takes this position because he fills his audience seats with a ton of Bills fans who lose their ever-loving shit after a loss, and see only doom and gloom and never, ever appreciate the incredible effort of a quarterback most people thought was trash. He plays to the fan who sees a loss like this and immediately argues the Bills need to clean house, top to bottom, or that the Bills will destroy Allen's career.

He's like Sullivan and Wawrow. Prodding the low-hanging fruit for clicks and buzz because they're easily had.

Not that you'd know any fans like that. :classic_laugh:

No, he doesn't strike me as that kind of guy.

He's just young, and new to this level of nut-kickery.

1 minute ago, Carptom1 said:

I hate to break it to you but your defense is average too… maybe. Many Bills fans got sucked into thinking that the defense was elite because of the rankings at the end of the year. A steady diet of the AFC east quarterbacks will do that to you. I saw plenty that honestly thought we would be held to 17 points. I tried to tell them that the offense now is different then it was in week 5. We were arrogant in the last Super Bowl and the first half of this year. Had the attitude of this is how we do it prove you can stop it. He banged his head on that wall for several games, then he changed. I don’t remember one deep throw last night. 

kind of my point.

They've invested LARGE amounts of resources into this defense, and have had...less than optimal returns.

I think this games is evidence that Gabriel Davis >>>> Sanders.

I think they tried too much earlier in the season to force Sanders into the game and that hurt the offense at times.

Could it have been a difference in a couple of close games this season to give the Bills another win (Steelers, Titans, Jags) and the #2 seed?

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Joe Miner said:

I think this games is evidence that Gabriel Davis >>>> Sanders.

I think they tried too much earlier in the season to force Sanders into the game and that hurt the offense at times.

Could it have been a difference in a couple of close games this season to give the Bills another win (Steelers, Titans, Jags) and the #2 seed?

I was really not happy with the lack of Gabriel Davis in the early going of the season. He was injured, was he not?

If not, then it's REALLY inexcusable.

Crap Throwing Clavin
7 minutes ago, Joe said:

kind of my point.

They've invested LARGE amounts of resources into this defense, and have had...less than optimal returns.

Because they've invested it relatively stupidly.  Addison and Butler account for some $14m in 2021 on the defensive line?

And they're paying A.J. Klein $6m to sit on the bench in a 4-2 scheme?  

• Like 2

Jabba The Hutt
3 hours ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

the over reactions are priceless here. if you don't have a thick skin, you may not want to be a bills fan. they will hurt you. the better team won. all the opinions and the would of done this or should of done that is nothing more than just over reacting opinions from over reacting fans who believe they could of done a better job. 

will they learn from it? given the past 5 years or so, they seem to come back a better team and learn from the past season. shame that games the likes of this one, buffalo always seems to be on the losing end but as I said, you need thick skin to endure games like this.

they will be back. they will be a better team. they will reach the ultimate goal as long as 17 is under center, hopefully in 2022/23.

I'll close, going in to a long off season saying with absolute certainty that JA is the best QB to ever put on a bills uniform, simply an amazing competitor.

GO BILLS!!

False... the better team did not win

• Like 1

Just now, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Because they've invested it relatively stupidly.  Addison and Butler account for some $14m in 2021 on the defensive line?

They're also paying Edmunds $12ish mil (?) to trail every play by 7 yards or to run directly into an O lineman.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

To my point about the draftees:

You used two 2nd rounders on DEs who played 30.6% of snaps (Epenesa) and 19% of snaps (Basham).

That is NOT good use of draft resources. Your first and second rounders need to be qualitatively and quantitatively productive.

At least Groot was in there for 50% of the snaps.

Edited by Joe

2 minutes ago, Joe Miner said:

They're also paying Edmunds $12ish mil (?) to trail every play by 7 yards or to run directly into an O lineman.

AND playing him on 80% of snaps while he performs like that.

How exactly do these guys have a reputation as defensive gurus again?

5 minutes ago, Joe said:

I was really not happy with the lack of Gabriel Davis in the early going of the season. He was injured, was he not?

If not, then it's REALLY inexcusable.

Good point

I think he missed the Steelers game but was back by week 2 against Miami.  So wouldn't have helped in the first loss.

2 hours ago, cwb5581 said:

I have been a fan since 1987 and I can tell after last night that I simply do not have it in me anymore to stick with this nonsense. I don’t know what it is but this team simply cannot get the job done. Sadly since I no longer live in NY and have other options it’s time to move on. There’s no sugarcoating it. Last night was a disgrace and they ought to be embarrassed. 

It is an understandable reaction to a hard to swallow result. Take some time do what you need to do, we'll be here if and when you decide to come back. This team has a very good chance to win it in the years ahead.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Joe said:

Look man, I call it like I see it.

Groot may have long-term potential as a starter. not convinced about Basham, too soon. Epenesa, though. Yikes.

What do you think of Oliver?

asking for a friend...

• Haha 1