Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Bills @Dolphins - The Aftermath

BillsFans

57 minutes ago, Dubs said:

The oline was really the only concerning thing this game. Chalking that up to missing Morse and the heat. 

no worries at all. 

I think a reasonably healthy Morse helps Allen tremendously.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Joe said:

Better get used to it. That's the consequence of this failure. If course it's not true but hey

Yeah it’s fine.. This team needed to be kicked down a notch or two. The fact that it is gonna happen because our 2nd, 3rd, and 4th stringers should have beaten Miami in a road game on a short week just makes it even better. Get that nose down and work, guys.

• Like 5

39 minutes ago, Augie said:

We all knew it was a brutal starting schedule. A loss should not be a shock. 

If we went 2-1 with the loss being to the Rams nobody would blink an eye.  Nobody likes to lose like this but fan and player alike are best served by being on to Baltimore by tomorrow at 7AM EST.  

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Anyone overreacting to this loss just needs to step back and breathe. Or drink. It took acts of God for the Dolphins to win today - and self inflicted wounds. The Bills had nearly 50% of their defensive starters out before the heat took more. 

This team is deep, talented, and should have won despite playing backups at several key spots.

Outside of non-heat related injuries today, there was nothing to be alarmed about if you're a Bills fan going forward. 

I chalk it up to witchcraft.  Anybody seen Endora since 1PM this afternoon?

• Haha 6

Really frustrating to have a shot at the end but not be able to pull it out. 

Double frustrating to blow so many opportunities.  I finally had to shut down the feed as my second flight was literally on take off and it was 2d and goal from the one.  What happened?? I get in the air and somehow we have 19!  Sounds like it was a wild scene.

However, as I sit here and reflect at JL Beers in Fargo, there are some easy conclusions:

-Tua is who we thought he was, garbage.  He didn’t deserve to win.  2d or 3d and long and he’s dumping it off with 5th string DBs in the game.  Bills will feast on him in Buffalo.

-Despite the yardage, Miami’s defense won the game.  They were aggressive and physical throughout.  How the hell did they still hold up after 40 minutes on the field?

-Bills depth is very impressive; let’s give a ton of credit to the much criticized Leslie Frazier and his staff for having everyone ready to play.  

-I have to assume the heat took its toll mentally as much as physically.  To have that many key mistakes/errors was so out of the norm and those things have a way of compounding in the heat (literally and figuratively) of an intense game.  That’s why the first point above is relevant - when you can steal a game like this it does so much for the team and also crushes the opponent’s spirit.

But still, this was far better than some 51-48 shootout.  Despite all the issues the Bills faced, they controlled the game and still nearly pulled it out.  My confidence in this team didn’t change at all today.

Can’t wait to get to Buffalo in two weeks.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

I've had back issues almost all of my adult life.  I have never once done this but I have been in enough pain to fall to my knees and have to tip over to get to the floor.  Not once have I ever "popped directly back up".

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Alaska Darin said:

I've had back issues almost all of my adult life.  I have never once done this but I have been in enough pain to fall to my knees and have to tip over to get to the floor.  Not once have I ever "popped directly back up".

He can’t put one foot straight in front of the other. He’s literally got vertigo. 

can the dolphins be docked another first round pick?

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

Plus, isn't a textbook cause of BACK injuries having the back of your head undergo a sudden deceleration?  Textbook, yeah, right.

• Facepalm 2