Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Bills @Dolphins - The Aftermath

BillsFans

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 minute ago, Figster said:

I agree, the difference between 100 and shade vs 120 and no shade is men start dropping like flys. Bills HC McD battling with life threatening skin cancer. A little shade is not to much to ask.

I thought I saw Allen and some others under a canopy on the sideline.  

I heard someone somewhere saying it's league policy that the away team has to provide that sort of sideline infrastructure themselves - shade for the sun, air conditioned seats for the heat, heated seats and heaters for the cold.  And given the home field advantage it can give the Bills, having away teams freeze on the sidelines, I'm not entirely sure I want it changed...

...except in situations where it causes a dangerous situation.  And Korey Stringer died in lesser heat than teams routinely see in Miami in September.  Apparently the league's lesson from that only applies to practices or something?

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1

The Bills knew what the conditions were going to be. They play there every year (usually in September). The sun always follows the same path through the sky. That stadium hasn’t moved since it was built. I see nothing wrong with utilizing that “advantage”. It’s not that much different than the home team choosing to wear their light colored uniforms and forcing the opponent to wear dark colored uniforms in the heat. It’s the Bills job to be prepared for it.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, The Guy In Pants said:

Mike McDaniel looks like the guy in the back of the library watching the anime version of 50 Shades of Gray. 

That made me laugh. And, it is accurate.

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, shrader said:

I wonder if the PA starts to look into it at some point. They’re putting a lot of players on both sides in a risky situation with conditions like today. 

Yes. More than an “unfair” advantage, heatstroke is terrible and avoidable with shade. The players association should be all over that.

Thinking back on this game, the amount of bad luck the Bills had converting is astonishing.

And, they lost yet another close game. That has to stop. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Sig1Hunter said:

The Bills knew what the conditions were going to be. They play there every year (usually in September). The sun always follows the same path through the sky. That stadium hasn’t moved since it was built. I see nothing wrong with utilizing that “advantage”. It’s not that much different than the home team choosing to wear their light colored uniforms and forcing the opponent to wear dark colored uniforms in the heat. It’s the Bills job to be prepared for it.

No, it hasn't, but the huge panels surrounding the stadium protecting the fans from rain were recent additions.  Prior to that, the Fishies had conditions much more similar to what the visitors had.

And regardless of how much you're trying to hydrate if players are getting sunstroke there's an issue.  As CTC mentioned, Korey Stringer died in less severe conditions.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Taro T said:

No, it hasn't, but the huge panels surrounding the stadium protecting the fans from rain were recent additions.  Prior to that, the Fishies had conditions much more similar to what the visitors had.

And regardless of how much you're trying to hydrate if players are getting sunstroke there's an issue.  As CTC mentioned, Korey Stringer died in less severe conditions.

It's absolutely absurd to say the NFL cares about player safety and then allows this stuff to actually happen.  These are literally some of the best conditioned humans in the world and they're passing out/cramping up.  I hate how as a species we act like this shit is ok because we're so self-centered.  This is why politicians feel the need to regulate every facet of your life...because as a collective we're so damn stupid.

There are easy answers to this and no one should be ok with this continuing under the guise of "competitive advantage."  I wouldn't be ok if a player got hypothermic or frostbite so the BILLS could win a football game.  Ok, maybe Tom Brady.

• Like 1
  • Wow 1
  • Cheers 2

14 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

It's absolutely absurd to say the NFL cares about player safety and then allows this stuff to actually happen.  These are literally some of the best conditioned humans in the world and they're passing out/cramping up.  I hate how as a species we act like this shit is ok because we're so self-centered.

There are easy answers to this and no one should be ok with this continuing under the guise of "competitive advantage."  I wouldn't be ok if a player got hypothermic or frostbite so the BILLS could win a football game.  Ok, maybe Tom Brady.

interesting that I don't think a saw many shots of the sidelines showing a fan, shade, or anything else heat related.

in cold weather games, the heat bench is the prime storyline

big trouble if Miami and Tua has been decreed by the NFL to be this year's Cinderella story

the refs sure got the memo for this game

Edited by Spartacus

11 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

interesting that I don't think a saw many shots of the sidelines showing a fan, shade, or anything else heat related.

in cold weather games, the heat bench is the prime storyline

big trouble if Miami and Tua has been decreed by the NFL to be this year's Cinderella story

the refs sure got the memo for this game

It's because a camera guy would stop on an attractive woman wearing very little above the waist.  Used to be such women were flattered but now the risk is there in terms of a lawsuit so no camera roaming.  Different when it is 30 degrees F and everybody is wearing a winter coat.  Anyways, Thad Brown (WROC Rochester sports director) was just on the radio and said in his approximately 20 years of covering the team that yesterday's game was in the top 2 or 3 in terms of playing in oppressive heat.  And that conditioning will only carry an athlete only so far.  

54 minutes ago, Taro T said:

So, it was ok when everyone was at the same risk of heat related illnesses before the roof addition - but now that its just the Bills we are gonna get on our soapbox and scream how its about player safety? Player safety is a joke…exhibit A, Tua coming back in after suffering an injury that resulted in acute onset neurological deficit. 

The NFL doesnt give two dumps about player safety. Neither does the opposing team. It’s the Bills responsibility to take care of their players - and recently, i feel like they have made huge investments in the area. Hopefully, something is learned on how to better mitigate the heat impact.

3 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Give Dawkins and Saffold the week off from practice. They were one of the bright spots that went unnoticed. Standing in there and making it happen like they did was a testament to their conditioning and the dog in them. 

Didn’t Dawkins get blown up on that hit on Josh Allen when he lost the ball inside the ten (leading to a gimmie by Miami)? Or am I misremembering?

20 minutes ago, Sig1Hunter said:

So, it was ok when everyone was at the same risk of heat related illnesses before the roof addition - but now that its just the Bills we are gonna get on our soapbox and scream how its about player safety? Player safety is a joke…exhibit A, Tua coming back in after suffering an injury that resulted in acute onset neurological deficit. 

The NFL doesnt give two dumps about player safety. Neither does the opposing team. It’s the Bills responsibility to take care of their players - and recently, i feel like they have made huge investments in the area. Hopefully, something is learned on how to better mitigate the heat impact.

No, it's not OK when both teams are at risk of heat stroke, but when both teams are maybe that game gets played at 4PM?

The old Orange Bowl had one end of the stadium open to get air movement.

Don't recall this stadium being as bad prior to putting the partial roof up.  Expect that actually made things worse regarding lack of air movement.  Maybe the answer is moving the Fishies home games in September and early October to 4PM.

• Like 1