Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Baseball

KD in CA

2 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

I can only hope that this is the last of the Cashman/Boone seasons in NY.  What a frustrating season.

I saw one Boone presser after either game 2 or 3, and he didn't sound like he had many answers.

• Like 1

On 10/24/2022 at 4:07 PM, KD in CA said:

I saw one Boone presser after either game 2 or 3, and he didn't sound like he had many answers.

What answers?

They we’re great in the first half, then got injured up and down the lineup, then didn’t get all their pieces back the way they probably would have liked.  Lemahieu would have helped a lot if he were healthy.  In fact, their lineup would have been helped so much if here were healthy and even half of his former self.  It’s safe to say that Stanton isn’t the MVP he used to be, but his protection in the lineup was missed when he was out.  Judge could only carry them so far and they had to bat him second, when he’s the perfect “3 hole” hitter.   Stanton cleanup, protecting Judge, and Rizzo at 5, protecting Stanton. The pitching was the Yankees’ pleasant surprise, and it seems that they pitched well enough in the Playoffs.  Their lineup was a huge disappointment in the end.  

Signed, 

Red Sox fan whose got troubles of his own

On 10/26/2022 at 5:01 PM, snafu said:

Their lineup was a huge disappointment in the end.  

Signed, 

Red Sox fan whose got troubles of his own

You forgot the All Star left fielder that was on the DL (or politically correct IL) Andrew whatshisname.

15 minutes ago, Uncle Joe said:

You forgot the All Star left fielder that was on the DL (or politically correct IL) Andrew whatshisname.

Who? What? 

I don't recognize any former Sox on the NYY roster.  But now you make me do it, I like him and think he's a pretty good, professional hitter, and yes, he would have helped during the playoffs.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, snafu said:

Who? What? 

I don't recognize any former Sox on the NYY roster.  But now you make me do it, I like him and think he's a pretty good, professional hitter, and yes, he would have helped during the playoffs.

The year Bawstan won the WS I thought the 3 Bs did a great job roaming the outfield. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Uncle Joe said:

The year Bawstan won the WS I thought the 3 Bs did a great job roaming the outfield. 

Yeah. Then they stripped everything down.

I'm always on the edge of dumping them. But I'm not switching to NYY and I barely tolerate the Mets.

44 minutes ago, snafu said:

Yeah. Then they stripped everything down.

I'm always on the edge of dumping them. But I'm not switching to NYY and I barely tolerate the Mets.

I'm loyal to a fault. 

I'm a Bills fan after all. 

On 10/27/2022 at 4:44 PM, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

I'm having far too much fun playing this.

That is fun.   Also went 6 for 7.

image.png.32ff589c4251bfeb7c16b04467ace674.png

23 hours ago, Uncle Joe said:

Astros no hit Phillies in game 4. 

Javier was dominant.

I was pulling for Thor tonight, but he was already out by the time I turned on the game.

11 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Javier was dominant.

I was pulling for Thor tonight, but he was already out by the time I turned on the game.

Verlander did ok today after flipping off the fans from the bus yesterday 😄

17 hours ago, Uncle Joe said:

Verlander did ok today after flipping off the fans from the bus yesterday 😄

Happy for him to get a WS win.   Poor guy doesn't have much in life.

These teams are both fun to watch play.  The defensive saves by Houston in both the 8th and 9th were outstanding last night.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Crap Throwing Clavin

There's stupid, then there's Deadspin stupid, then there's Carron J Phillips/Deadspin stupid.

I really have no words for this.

• Facepalm 1
  • Doh! 1