Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Baseball

KD in CA

I'd like to thank MLB for making sure virtually no one saw Albert Pujols hit his 700th home run because the game was seen by the 8 people who have AppleTV.

Brilliant.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Alaska Darin said:

I'd like to thank MLB for making sure virtually no one saw Albert Pujols hit his 700th home run because the game was seen by the 8 people who have AppleTV.

Brilliant.

Not only that , but their crappy website keeps crashing on me.

• Angry 1

2 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

Brilliant.

At least the A's announcers were nice enough to let me know it had just happened.  I flipped over to MLBN and they were already just yakking away in the studio.

I'm not sure how much value the ball has as long as he hits another.

I'd be inclined to take the money and run, but I can see how making a decision on the spot without any research or tax advice (though I'm not sure how much advice there is to give; it's basically like winning a slot machine jackpot) would be daunting.  But yeah, guy would be smart to quickly get some advice and sell it.

Ugh.  Barroid Bonds.

Sad part is, he was an incredible talent and likely a HOFer anyway.  It would have been interesting to see where he ended up on these lists without the roids.

7 hours ago, KD in CA said:

Sad part is, he was an incredible talent and likely a HOFer anyway.  It would have been interesting to see where he ended up on these lists without the roids.

Great, great talent who ruined his legacy.  Arguably the best all-around player of his generation (an argument can be made for Griffey Jr., obviously).

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

Great, great talent who ruined his legacy.  Arguably the best all-around player of his generation (an argument can be made for Griffey, Jr., obviously).

He had the best feel for the strike zone a power hitter ever had.