Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Baseball

KD in CA

Crap Throwing Clavin
6 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

We interrupt this baseball discussion for a simple truth. It's one of the reasons I can't watch baseball. It's so boring, this is how the announcers always sound to me.

In WWII, the armed forces radio in the South Pacific would rebroadcast baseball games with the dead time removed (i.e. just the action).  

A full broadcast took 15-20 minutes.

Nowadays I'm sure it would be slightly more, what with the time spent explaining how Angel Hernandez &#%$ed up.  But it's still less than 25 minutes, I'd bet.

Trade deadline day and wow, the Padres!  Soto and Bell from Washington and Hader from the Brewers.

Also, DeGrom returns for the Mets tonight after more than a year.  All fingers are crossed.

• Cheers 1

4merper4mer
6 hours ago, KD in CA said:

Trade deadline day and wow, the Padres!  Soto and Bell from Washington and Hader from the Brewers.

Also, DeGrom returns for the Mets tonight after more than a year.  All fingers are crossed.

Then the Padres added Drury who is having a year.

Yanks/Cards in a rare 1-1 trade of equals among contenders which made sense for both.  Twins with some nice pickups.  O’s fans have to be disappointed.  Nats did get a good return although it’ll be a while.

Best deadline in a while.

• Cheers 1

4merper4mer
48 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

When James Earl Jones gave that speech in Field of Dreams about baseball marking the time, he could have been talking about Scully.  RIP

• Cheers 1

Alaska Darin

Where have all the table setters gone?  Carew was an insane hitter and probably the best bunter in baseball history.

• Like 1
  • Applause 2

Alaska Darin
17 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

When James Earl Jones gave that speech in Field of Dreams about baseball marking the time, he could have been talking about Scully.  RIP

• Like 1

4merper4mer
31 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

Where have all the table setters gone?  Carew was an insane hitter and probably the best bunter in baseball history.

Luis Arraez.  That’s all I’ve got.

• Like 2

RIP to the greatest....no one else is even close.  Thanks for the memories Vin.

Can you believe this ball game at Shea?

4 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

Great call by Vin. And that's such an iconic moment.

I wonder what would have happened if LaRussa challenged the hit because Gibson stepped out of the batters box.

• Like 1

4merper4mer
5 hours ago, snafu said:

Great call by Vin. And that's such an iconic moment.

I wonder what would have happened if LaRussa challenged the hit because Gibson stepped out of the batters box.

Dude called Don Larsen’s perfect game.

Edited by 4merper4mer
  • Like 3

4merper4mer
12 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

In addition to mentioning Arraez I should also point out that those are two class acts pictured holding those silver sluggers.  I’m glad Rod is still around but Tony is missed.  I’d love to hear him talk about the current state of hitting.

• Applause 1

54 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

I'm not sure what actually led to the baseball Gods hating the Angels but man...

Who needs guys that hit singles when you can hit seven solo homers?  lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1