Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Baseball

KD in CA

Alaska Darin
4 hours ago, Uncle Joe said:

But watching Mookie Wilson look like he was battling cerebral palsy like Josh Blue was somewhat fun.

Skip Schumaker.  The Human Rain Delay.

5 hours ago, Uncle Joe said:

But watching Mookie Wilson look like he was battling cerebral palsy like Josh Blue was somewhat fun.

Everything about Mookie was fun.   The downfall of baseball started with Nomah.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

23 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Everything about Mookie was fun.   The downfall of baseball started with Nomah.

Gloves, I don't need no stinkin gloves. 😁

• 4 weeks later...

Watching game 6 of the 1977 World Series on Fox. Reggie hit 3 dingers, BUT I had forgotten how much I admired Thurman Munson.

• Like 1
  • FANtastic 1
  • Boo 1

TakeYouToTasker 2.0

Just so we’re clear, &#%$ you to every Yankees fan in the building.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
1 hour ago, Uncle Joe said:

yogi.jpg

I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again, as you’ve provided more evidence of, Yankees fans are virtually indistinguishable from Patriots fans.

Alaska Darin
On 4/8/2022 at 11:44 AM, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again, as you’ve provided more evidence of, Yankees fans are virtually indistinguishable from Patriots fans.

Grew up a Yankees'/BILLS/Sabres fan.

Never met a Pats' fan who wasn't a delusional Red Sox fan who think the average Yankees' fan somehow cares about the Red Sox.  The ONLY Yankees fans who give a flying shit about Boston baseball were born in the last 30 years.  The Red Sox never won an important game against the Yankees until I was nearly 40.

The media made it a rivalry.  The Red Sox sure as hell didn't.  I've been to multiple games at Fenway.  It is not an impressive fan base in any way (no different than the average Yankee fan in my experience).

1 hour ago, Alaska Darin said:

Never met a Pats' fan who wasn't a delusional Red Sox fan who think the average Yankees' fan somehow cares about the Red Sox.  The ONLY Yankees fans who give a flying shit about Boston baseball were born in the last 30 years.  The Red Sox never won an important game against the Yankees until I was nearly 40.

The media made it a rivalry.  The Red Sox sure as hell didn't.  I've been to multiple games at Fenway.  It is not an impressive fan base in any way (no different than the average Yankee fan in my experience).

My SIL is a Yankees fan.
My brother (her husband) is Red Sox fan.
Both have been fans of their respective teams for more than 40 years.
The trash talk from both can be loud.

Alaska Darin
30 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

30 year old slugger who gets hurt a lot turns down $230 million. 

Aaron Judge optimistic turning down Yankees' offer will pay off (nypost.com)

I think both sides are delusional.  Judge has probably 3 and at most 4 good years left and as you said, he's regularly injured.  He's seriously gambling going into his walk year leaving that kinda jack on the table.

I'm sure some team will pay him even more but just like Pujols' big contract with the Angels, they're going to regret it.

• Like 1

Alaska Darin
5 minutes ago, Ann said:

My SIL is a Yankees fan.
My brother (her husband) is Red Sox fan.
Both have been fans of their respective teams for more than 40 years.
The trash talk from both can be loud.

Bet that makes for some very interesting evenings in the bedroom.

I'm not going to lie, I'd never marry anyone who was a Boston sports' fan.

3 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

Growing up with my dad, the Yankee fan, I agree with this.  The rivalry didn’t start until the year after Boone’s walk off.

Edited by snafu

Crap Throwing Clavin
2 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

Bet that makes for some very interesting evenings in the bedroom.

I'm not going to lie, I'd never marry anyone who was a Boston sports' fan.

What's probably the strongest pillar of my marriage is that we both hate the Dolphins and Tom Brady.