Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

TakeYouToTasker 2.0

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, Ann said:

Basically, a rehash

Diggs is an emotional - even passionate - guy.  I can see why he'd be upset with the end of this season.

But watching the game five times looking for answers is why he's worth putting up with.  That's the difference between "professional" and "locker room cancer."

• Like 4

Beer__League__Hockey

Watch those and try to tell me Diggs isn't ready to get traded.  He's already moved on mentally from this team, he just has to tow the line for a couple months until Beane works out a draft day trade for a CB.

• I don't know 1
  • Sad 2

Nouseforaname
1 hour ago, Beer__League__Hockey said:

Watch those and try to tell me Diggs isn't ready to get traded.  He's already moved on mentally from this team, he just has to tow the line for a couple months until Beane works out a draft day trade for a CB.

Traded where? There’s no guarantees that he would be traded to a Super Bowl contender.

Beer__League__Hockey
3 hours ago, Nouseforaname said:

Traded where? There’s no guarantees that he would be traded to a Super Bowl contender.

It would be the cowpokes, and you're right they are not superb owl contenders.

Crap Throwing Clavin
5 hours ago, Beer__League__Hockey said:

TOE the line.  Dammit.

Nouseforaname
26 minutes ago, Beer__League__Hockey said:

If he wants to fail at winning the Super Bowl in Dallas instead of buffalo, that’s his loss.  They’ll have to give us the world.

44 minutes ago, Beer__League__Hockey said:

That owl that figured out the # of licks it takes to get to the center of a tootsie roll would be very hard to beat.  He was truly superb.

7 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

TOE the line.  Dammit.

Fun fact:

This idiom refers to runners in a race placing their toes on the starting line and not moving until the starting signal. 

• Facepalm 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
10 hours ago, Fansince88 said:

Fun fact:

This idiom refers to runners in a race placing their toes on the starting line and not moving until the starting signal. 

Actually, it refers to crews lining up by division for inspection on old sailing ships.  Crewmen were required to line up with their toes on a deck seam.

14 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Actually, it refers to crews lining up by division for inspection on old sailing ships.  Crewmen were required to line up with their toes on a deck seam.

You are correct used in tor origin of the term. That said, as this is a sports page I used the example I did. 

That said to introduce another fun fact that I am sure you will correct me if wrong to call it "Tow the line" that would be known as a linguistic eggcorn. An eggcorn is the alteration of a phrase through the mishearing or reinterpretation of one or more of its elements, creating a new phrase having a different meaning from the original but which still makes sense and is plausible when used in the same context.  In this particular phrase. To say tow the line you would be deserving of the word ID10T