Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

TakeYouToTasker 2.0

32 minutes ago, Ninety-4 said:

What did we learn about Crowder this year, anything?

He is who he has been...a guy who can't stay on the field.

5 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

He is who he has been...a guy who can't stay on the field.

Statistically, and historically, any can you think of any NFL players who broke that mantle and actually played to a higher level of success? 

Stefon Diggs - Keep

Gabe Davis -  Keep

Isaiah McKenzie  - Inconsistent, I would move on.

Khalil Shakir  -- Keep

Cole Beasley  Maybe, if healthy  (veteran)

Jake Kumerow  -- Nope

Jamison Crowder  --  Maybe if healthy  (veteran)

John Brown  --- NOPE

KeeSean Johnson ---  NOPE

Dezmon Patmon  --  Who ?   Nope

There are 5 I would keep ,  draft one ,   add free agent.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

Stefon Diggs - Keep

Gabe Davis -  Keep

Khalil Shakir  -- Keep

Jake Kumerow  -- Nope

John Brown  --- NOPE

I have four, maybe five keeps. That isn't going to happen (they will keep more than five of these guys).

Stefon Diggs - Keep 

Gabe Davis -  Keep 

Isaiah McKenzie  - Nope

Khalil Shakir  - Keep 

Cole Beasley  - Keep (they need to find a security blanket for Josh as Beasley said "one more year") 

Jake Kumerow  - Nope 

Jamison Crowder  -  Nope (never healthy)

John Brown  - Maybe. Depends on the draft.  

KeeSean Johnson - Nope 

Dezmon Patmon  - Who ?   Nope

• Like 3

2 hours ago, B-Man said:

Stefon Diggs - Keep

Gabe Davis -  Keep

Khalil Shakir  -- Keep

Jake Kumerow  -- Nope

John Brown  --- NOPE

One speedster and one with a lot of size.  

• Applause 1

Deranged Rhino

With the market exploding for the position, and the college/HS game funneling more talent than ever at the position into the league, teams MUST find top tier talent in the first 2 rounds of the draft to pair with (at least) one proven "star" WR. Just from a cap perspective, this is becoming "the way" in the modern league to build an offense. Then the star ages out just as the rookie's second contract comes due - and you reload again. Assuming you're set at QB, you'd almost rather have a bunch of JAGs at RB, TE, and OL than in the WR room these days with the way the league has shifted the rules. 

I don't care who the Bills pick up in FA, or who they cut/keep from their current squad - they must allocate one of their early picks to a WR this year in addition to anyone else they bring on.  

Get a stud to push Diggs, Gabe, and Shakir some more and the whole offense will be elevated. There will be options towards the bottom of round 1 from what I'm seeing in the various mocks out there.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

With the market exploding for the position, and the college/HS game funneling more talent than ever at the position into the league, teams MUST find top tier talent in the first 2 rounds of the draft to pair with (at least) one proven "star" WR. Just from a cap perspective, this is becoming "the way" in the modern league to build an offense. Then the star ages out just as the rookie's second contract comes due - and you reload again. Assuming you're set at QB, you'd almost rather have a bunch of JAGs at RB, TE, and OL than in the WR room these days with the way the league has shifted the rules.

I don't care who the Bills pick up in FA, or who they cut/keep from their current squad - they must allocate one of their early picks to a WR this year in addition to anyone else they bring on.  

Get a stud to push Diggs, Gabe, and Shakir some more and the whole offense will be elevated. There will be options towards the bottom of round 1 from what I'm seeing in the various mocks out there.

There will also be guys available later in the draft to develop.  This is where having a good organization will matter most.  The secret will be not to let them get away (Hodgins REALLY looked good the more reps he got).

• Like 3

Deranged Rhino
2 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

There will also be guys available later in the draft to develop.  This is where having a good organization will matter most.  The secret will be not to let them get away (Hodgins REALLY looked good the more reps he got).

Without a doubt you can find talent to develop later (Shakir hopefully will be one) - and good teams won't shy away from finding those guys. I just think that you need 2 studs in your receiver room in todays game, especially with a talent like Josh already on the roster, and you aren't finding those kinds of playmakers outside of round 2 very often. There's just too much scouting talent these days, and every team needs/wants those playmakers (even bad teams without a QB locked in, because their playmaking abilities puts butts in the seats) - the stud WRs just don't slide out of the top 64 very often these days.

It happens, there will always be the exception(s) that prove the rule, but this Bills squad needs another stud WR in the worst way (in my very amateur opinion of course)

• Like 2

Billsandhorns
1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Without a doubt you can find talent to develop later (Shakir hopefully will be one) - and good teams won't shy away from finding those guys. I just think that you need 2 studs in your receiver room in todays game, especially with a talent like Josh already on the roster, and you aren't finding those kinds of playmakers outside of round 2 very often. There's just too much scouting talent these days, and every team needs/wants those playmakers (even bad teams without a QB locked in, because their playmaking abilities puts butts in the seats) - the stud WRs just don't slide out of the top 64 very often these days.

It happens, there will always be the exception(s) that prove the rule, but this Bills squad needs another stud WR in the worst way (in my very amateur opinion of course)

Not saying that it happens all the time but Diggs was 5th round pick. There is still talent out there and sometimes those guys are more hungry ad work harder. 

Sammy, first round pick and now just a JAG.

Edited by Billsandhorns
  • Like 3

Deranged Rhino
4 minutes ago, Billsandhorns said:

Not saying that it happens all the time but Diggs was 5th round pick. There is still talent out there and sometimes those guys are more hungry ad work harder. 

Sammy, first fund pick and now just a JAG.

Very true. No argument there. :beer: 

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
3 hours ago, Billsandhorns said:

Sammy, first round pick and now just a JAG.

Was just looking at the draft reports for Diggs, and he is practically a case study on how unreliable draft scouting really is.  

• Like 2

Despite a reduced role in his return to Bills, Cole Beasley is open to coming back to Buffalo

The Buffalo Bills spent much of the 2022 season searching for an adequate replacement for Cole Beasley.

When that didn’t work, the team simply went back to the source, re-signing Beasley, first to the practice squad and then to the 53-man roster. In two games in the regular season, he finished with just two catches for 18 yards, but his numbers improved in the postseason. He finished with five catches for 58 yards and one touchdown in the Bills’ two postseason games, making a pair of big plays in the second half of Buffalo’s wild-card win over Miami.

“I thought the last couple of weeks, in those two postseason games you really started seeing the Cole who was here before,” Bills General Manager Brandon Beane said. “This offense is similar, but it's not exactly the same, so there was a little bit of nuance there from that standpoint of the route combinations versus exactly what he left from when (former offensive coordinator Brian Daboll) was here.”

</snip>

“That’s a tough deal,” Beasley said. “They’ve already established (things) with other guys in there. So I mean, the offense is changed to better suit their skills, so it’s hard that one guy shows up, it automatically changes back to something else. It didn’t really work like that. Things take time, they take reps, so it’s not really something that we could really do.”

</snip>

“I knew it coming in, but knowing it and experiencing it are two different things,” Beasley said. “As a competitor, it's tough to sit back when you're used to something else. It took a lot, but everything is a learning moment for me. It's just another part of the journey, really, but it was definitely tough.”

</snip>

“This is probably the healthiest I’ve ended a season in a long time,” he said last month as the Bills cleaned out their lockers. “It's weird this season is ending, because I feel like I just got here. I feel like I was just starting to get back in my groove a little bit, so it's frustrating, but I look forward to hopefully getting another opportunity.”

Beasley, who just finished his 11th NFL season and will turn 34 in April, hopes that comes in Buffalo.

“At this point in my career, I'm still hungry and my body feels good,” he said. “I still feel like I can do it and I can compete and play at a level that I've been playing at before this season. Obviously, I want to be somewhere that I can win, and I know that's here, also. If that option is there, I would definitely do that. We'll just have to see.”

</snip>

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Ann said:

Despite a reduced role in his return to Bills, Cole Beasley is open to coming back to Buffalo

The Buffalo Bills spent much of the 2022 season searching for an adequate replacement for Cole Beasley.

When that didn’t work, the team simply went back to the source, re-signing Beasley, first to the practice squad and then to the 53-man roster. In two games in the regular season, he finished with just two catches for 18 yards, but his numbers improved in the postseason. He finished with five catches for 58 yards and one touchdown in the Bills’ two postseason games, making a pair of big plays in the second half of Buffalo’s wild-card win over Miami.

“I thought the last couple of weeks, in those two postseason games you really started seeing the Cole who was here before,” Bills General Manager Brandon Beane said. “This offense is similar, but it's not exactly the same, so there was a little bit of nuance there from that standpoint of the route combinations versus exactly what he left from when (former offensive coordinator Brian Daboll) was here.”

</snip>

“That’s a tough deal,” Beasley said. “They’ve already established (things) with other guys in there. So I mean, the offense is changed to better suit their skills, so it’s hard that one guy shows up, it automatically changes back to something else. It didn’t really work like that. Things take time, they take reps, so it’s not really something that we could really do.”

</snip>

“I knew it coming in, but knowing it and experiencing it are two different things,” Beasley said. “As a competitor, it's tough to sit back when you're used to something else. It took a lot, but everything is a learning moment for me. It's just another part of the journey, really, but it was definitely tough.”

</snip>

“This is probably the healthiest I’ve ended a season in a long time,” he said last month as the Bills cleaned out their lockers. “It's weird this season is ending, because I feel like I just got here. I feel like I was just starting to get back in my groove a little bit, so it's frustrating, but I look forward to hopefully getting another opportunity.”

Beasley, who just finished his 11th NFL season and will turn 34 in April, hopes that comes in Buffalo.

“At this point in my career, I'm still hungry and my body feels good,” he said. “I still feel like I can do it and I can compete and play at a level that I've been playing at before this season. Obviously, I want to be somewhere that I can win, and I know that's here, also. If that option is there, I would definitely do that. We'll just have to see.”

</snip>

I would love him to come back for another season, if for no reason other than to help KS10 develop faster. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

I would love him to come back for another season, if for no reason other than to help KS10 develop faster. 

also speed the removal of McKenzie from the roster

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
3 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

A preseason to get in shape, and put him in the slot again?  Not expecting another 80-catch season from him, but it'd still be better than what we've got now.

• Like 2