Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Jets Chat

Ann

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, B-Man said:

He shouldn't have gone back in the game at all.

White is broken in half.

Saleh: *looks at Flacco* "White, get back in there."

White can't go the next week.

Saleh: *looks at Flacco* "Zack, get back in there."

:classic_laugh:

• Haha 5
  • Cheers 1

Though the Lions are not nearly as good on the road as they are at home, the Jets chances of winning just went down. Detroit has already won once at the Meadowlands this year but are 0-3 against the AFCE.

I wonder if the line has moved. Go Lions!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Foxx said:

I wonder if the line has moved. Go Lions!

A little bit. early yesterday, before the change, the line was even. It now has the Jets +1 1/2.

In truth, the bigger issue for the Jets is Quinnen Williams. Still not practicing. Dude's a wrecking ball 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 3

22 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

A little bit. early yesterday, before the change, the line was even. It now has the Jets +1 1/2.

In truth, the bigger issue for the Jets is Quinnen Williams. Still not practicing. Dude's a wrecking ball 

Yes, Williams is a special talent and a huge man. He’s going to be a problem for our OLine for some time. 

• Like 1

Saleh Really screwed up there. He risks losing his locker room. Haven’t seen very many examples of this sort of Shanahan/ RGIII level indifference to a player’s health while desperately trying to win a game.

Of course the mind quickly travels to Tua’s ankle concussion. Seems like dangerous acts of desperation by coaches trying to win an in-season “Super Bowl” game against the dominant Bills team. 

Moral victories don’t produce trophies. 

• Like 4

Post of the day at Gang Green:

https://forums.theganggreen.com/threads/no-way-zach-should-play-another-game-for-us.98388/page-5#post-4278902

"

Zach is like a shopping cart with one of those &#%$ed up wheels. Most of the time it is a pretty distasteful experience, but then every once in a while that wheel goes straight and the ride is smooth as can be, where you're coasting along on a cloud, and you're thinking "Man, this is the way things should be"... and then that wheel goes all wiggety and you smash into an endcap full of gluten-free Cheez Whiz and you are forced to remember that you are still a &#%$ing Jets fan.

• Haha 5

After the Jets pulled defeat out of the jaws of victory today against the improving Detroit Lions, Head Coach Robert Saleh faced the music in his postgame press conference in front of the amenable North Bergen and Rahway sports writer crowd. Coach was rightfully questioned about his lack of use of his full bevy of timeouts in the waning seconds of a game in which his team desperately needed a field goal to bring about overtime and keep their faint playoff hopes alive. Coach Saleh, the fifth Lebanese and Arab NFL Head Coach but the first Muslim one defended his decisions regarding the use/non use of timeouts more numerous than the sands of the Sahara. "My uncle, Danny Thomas taught me the value of life and to not take breaks from it. My coaches have always impressed on me the value of timeouts and the importance of keeping them in my pocket. Besides, I've been a coach in some capacity in the NFL for 20 years. I've been to Super Bowls and with the help of Allah was able to defeat that team that uses Rocky Mountain High for its inspiration and has ownership that sells alcohol disguised as mountain spring water. I've always lived my life on the right side of the fifty". After further questioning coming from a guy dressed as a fireman and several gentlemen sporting Red Sox and Celtic's jerseys that seemed to speak a language lacking "r's", Coach Saleh attempted to close out his press conference when a mousey little guy, seemingly devoid of any semblance of a personality, asked him if he would mansplain his end of game thoughts so the women listening in could better understand them. The coach, obviously losing patience, responded curtly that "I don't speak to women I'm not related to". *************

As Head Coach Saleh was leaving the podium with relief on his face, a reporter named Maddy Glab (who lowered her voice to sound like a man) shouted out the one question that Robert had been fearing. "Last week you vowed that your beloved Jets, who lost to the AFCE leading Bills and sometimes referred to as your team's Daddy, would see the Bills again this year. In light of this loss today, do you still think that facing the Bills again is in the realm of possibility?"  The coach, with the skill of a polished politician smiled and said, "of course, we get the playoffs on TV here in NJ too". 

***********All references to religion, ethnicity and country of origin are simply intended as good natured comments and an attempt to return to the comedy that in prior days brought people together. If the subject was about Cricket I'd be slamming Limeys. Chinese Checkers would illicit snark referring to Buddhism and the integrity of the CCP (as long as I wasn't in China). Pollacks would get the old dumb treatment (as long as I wasn't in Buffalo) and Canada would receive derision for the Curling skills that Justine Trudeau utilizes on his hers thems eyebrows.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

Post of the day at Gang Green:

https://forums.theganggreen.com/threads/no-way-zach-should-play-another-game-for-us.98388/page-5#post-4278902

"

Zach is like a shopping cart with one of those &#%$ed up wheels. Most of the time it is a pretty distasteful experience, but then every once in a while that wheel goes straight and the ride is smooth as can be, where you're coasting along on a cloud, and you're thinking "Man, this is the way things should be"... and then that wheel goes all wiggety and you smash into an endcap full of gluten-free Cheez Whiz and you are forced to remember that you are still a &#%$ing Jets fan.

One of the announcers in the game today mentioned that Zach had completed 4 of his last 5 passes. If he was referring to any other QB in the league I wouldn't even have any reason to remember the comment. My first thought though was all about what Zach's mother might do to the one that turned him down.