Round 5: #141 C/G - Sedrick Van Pran-Granger, Georgia
    Round 5: #160        
    Round 5: #163        
    Round 6: #204        
    Round 7: #221        

What are we watching/recommend ?

Teddy KGB

2 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

I have not watched the "remake".  I don't like those because they usually suck.  

Ahh, too bad. I was hoping for a reason to throw on the extra episodes. 

21 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

My wife is binge-watching Grace and Frankie in the other room, I keep catching snippets of dialog from it.  Martin Sheen and Sam Waterston play a gay couple who've been seeing each other secretly for 20 years behind their wives' - Jane Fonda and Lily Tomlin - back.

I may have to watch it, just because from the dialog I'm hearing it sounds extraordinarily well-cast.

Couldn't have happened to the nicest couple of ladies.

On 1/23/2021 at 5:44 PM, devnull said:

Watching the Hallmark channel should be included in those Progressive "Turning into your parents" commercials

My daughter and I love those commercials.  My wife is a 'throw pillow' person so there was much laughter over that one.

I just started Outlander.  Weird premise but enjoyable so far. 

Deranged Rhino
On 2/6/2021 at 10:58 AM, DC Tom said:

My wife is binge-watching Grace and Frankie in the other room, I keep catching snippets of dialog from it.  Martin Sheen and Sam Waterston play a gay couple who've been seeing each other secretly for 20 years behind their wives' - Jane Fonda and Lily Tomlin - back.

I may have to watch it, just because from the dialog I'm hearing it sounds extraordinarily well-cast.

It's not terrible. I'm a Tomlin fan, but Sheen and Fonda are tough to watch with a straight face these days. Waterson is great in it though. 

Jumping in here on page 12, so apologies if these have been mentioned, here are what I've binged on the past few weeks: 

* The Expanse (Amazon: it's up and down, but overall a solid sci-fi political drama)

* Ted Lasso (AppleTV: I wanted to hate it, like really hate it but dammit if it isn't funny)

* Gwen and Stacey (BBC show/Amazon Prime: I'm way late to it but it's a quick watch of 3 seasons with a special)

* WandaVision (Disney+: Enjoyed it more than expected so far, but it's becoming a Marvel crossover orgy)

On 1/27/2021 at 6:25 AM, GG1 said:

As a proud former owner of a Disco Sucks t-Shirt, I strongly recommend the Bee Gees documentary on HBO.  Brings a lot of things into context.  Also explains the cosmic confluence of how Eric Clapton is responsible for the Bee Gees' creation of Saturday Night Fever sound.

As a proud former owner of the Saturday Night Fever soundtrack album and former stereotypical 'guido' disco dancer, that documentary was outstanding. I never knew how early their careers started, nor how their careers took that second leap of faith after discovering the falsetto sound.

There's some great older footage, commentary from the brothers, etc. Highly recommend it.

• Like 1

May have missed it being mentioned here, but I am thoroughly enjoying "Big Sky."

As I've aged, I'd stayed away from stuff like this. I am desperately uncomfortable watching women kidnapped, bound and tormented, and I don't want this to come out too lefty, but most of the women characters in this are just terrific. 

On 2/5/2021 at 3:38 PM, shrader said:

Ahh, too bad. I was hoping for a reason to throw on the extra episodes. 

Ok started the remake over the weekend.  It's worth looking into.  

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

It's not terrible. I'm a Tomlin fan...

For as much as she's been in, these two videos are the first thing that come to mind when I think of her.

From I ❤ Huckabees.

Extremely NSFW.

Edited by LB3
  • FANtastic 1

Kingdom on Netflix. I had never heard of it on DirectTV years back. Great show about an MMA gym/family. Frank Grillo is great on it which isn't surprising since he's built for this role. I was amazed at how good Jonathan Tucker was though.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Chef Jim said:

Ok started the remake over the weekend.  It's worth looking into.  

I watched the first season and to me it was a disjointed mess. They were all too busy so they never had much of the cast together at the same time. 

23 hours ago, shrader said:

I watched the first season and to me it was a disjointed mess. They were all too busy so they never had much of the cast together at the same time. 

Good point and even though the concept is contrived the remake is even more contrived.  

CarpetCrawler

I'm liking WandaVision, originally they said 6 episodes, but I think it's going to end up being 9.

If you're a Marvel fan, it's Easter egg heaven.

• Like 1