Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

What are we watching/recommend ?

Teddy KGB

On 4/22/2021 at 3:01 PM, Robs House said:

Anyone seen Ray Donovan?

I'm a few episodes in and it's interesting so far but I can't tell if it's going anywhere. Wondering if it's worth pursuing.

It’s worthwhile. 

• Cheers 1

On 4/23/2021 at 11:34 PM, shrader said:

I always wanted to give that show a shot simply because of Bruce Campbell. I never got around to it though. 

Like mentioned above, the 1st few seasons were really entertaining.  The 4th season started going downhill & late in the 5th season the downhill slide was on for good.  The only reason to watch the last 2 seasons was to see how bad it would get.

The cast was good throughout, but the writing got bad.

16 hours ago, Taro T said:

Like mentioned above, the 1st few seasons were really entertaining.  The 4th season started going downhill & late in the 5th season the downhill slide was on for good.  The only reason to watch the last 2 seasons was to see how bad it would get.

The cast was good throughout, but the writing got bad.

I watched the first season or so, but USA kept pissing me off with their 1/2 season nonsense, then changing the day/time when it came back on ~4 months later to finish the season. Same with Psych. By the time the season resumed, I had already forgotten what the main plot arcs were.

3 hours ago, Koko said:

I watched the first season or so, but USA kept pissing me off with their 1/2 season nonsense, then changing the day/time when it came back on ~4 months later to finish the season. Same with Psych. By the time the season resumed, I had already forgotten what the main plot arcs were.

Watched it on Amazon Prime (yeah, yeah, I know), so that wasn't an issue.

• 2 weeks later...

The Bee Gees: How Can You Mend a Broken Heart (Netflix) -  I had absolutely no idea these guys were a successful '60s band in the UK in the mold of the Beatles and other UK acts of that era.  Becoming the face of disco in the 70s was sort of accidental as the underground club-dance crowd latched onto their experimental new stuff, and the public jumped on with the release of Saturday Night Fever.  And after the disco crash, they reinvented themselves as song writers for all sort of big name acts.  I had forgotten how many huge hit they wrote.  Those guys certainly had an interesting history.

• Like 2

Imposters (Netflix) - stumbled across this one last week.  Dark comedy staring the mesmerizingly gorgeous Inbar Lavi as ........a mesmerizingly gorgeous con artist.   Easy, entertaining watch.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Bob Ross: Happy Accidents, Betrayal, and Greed

Bob painted, someone else got rich.  Love me some Bob Ross, but did he just sign things without consulting lawyers?

We caught the first episode of "Only Murders In The Building" on Hulu with Steve Martin, Martin Short and Selena Gomez.

We're biased in this house because we essentially love anything Martin and Short do, especially together, like "Father of the Bride" and "The Three Amigos." They did a stage show a while back that streams on Netflix called "An Evening You Will Forget For The Rest Of Your Life."

Regardless, it took a little to get the characters established, but I like the premise, it's well written, and everyone does a great job.

• Cheers 1

"Stanley Tucci: Searching For Italy" is quite possibly one of the best shows I've seen in years. We just watched the first episode and its so well produced and such a beautiful show, it must be a mistake that it's available from CNN.

Sample here.

It really started in my house with Tucci and Tony Shalhoub in "Big Night," which is a terrific movie in and of itself, but it launched Tucci and his family into the recipe book business after the Timpano was such a hit from the movie. If you're up for it, this book is worth every penny. One of the best Italian cookbooks out there.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, KD in CA said:

Whelp....it'll be 20 years so I supposed there's no getting around immersing myself in 9/11 programming for the next week.

Or you could just not watch TV

The Hulu Docuseries about 9 11 was incredible. Showing footage I had never seen, very moving stuff that focused on those that survived and the heroes who rescued them. As time goes by it is easy to forget how big a tragedy this was and how many lost their lives. If you watch one thing about 9 11 this one should be it.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

I’m watching the US Men’s soccer team suck s**t through a straw against Honduras. In fact, it’s halftime and I’m turning the TV off, so I DON’T recommend watching it. 

Edit: okay fine, I didn’t turn it off and the US tied it early in the second half. John Brooks should never be permitted on the team again.  

Edited by snafu
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Billsandhorns
14 hours ago, snafu said:

I’m watching the US Men’s soccer team suck s**t through a straw against Honduras. In fact, it’s halftime and I’m turning the TV off, so I DON’T recommend watching it. 

Edit: okay fine, I didn’t turn it off and the US tied it early in the second half. John Brooks should never be permitted on the team again.  

I was pissed too, After they made a ton of changes during halftime. They ultimately won the game

• Cheers 1

14 hours ago, snafu said:

I forgot they had another game last night.  The first two were uninspiring to say the least.  

btw....where's the soccer thread?  Isn't that @Meazza's  job?