Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

What are we watching/recommend ?

Teddy KGB

3 hours ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Haven't seen it, but every review I've read about it basically states "This is a satire criticizing everyone but me!"  Which I find absolutely hilarious.

And I'm sure, when I do watch it, I'll find it's a satire mocking everyone but me, of course.

The funny thing is that I'm pretty sure the president (Meryl Streep) is supposed to be a far right MAGA type, but it just never came across that way until near the end when they were all wearing "Don't Look Up" hats. But even though this was supposed to be mocking the right, it works because they're portraying the right as people doing what the left actually does, and part of the humor for me was that I don't think they realized they were actually doing this.

I'll be curious what you think.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/1/2022 at 6:57 PM, Foxx said:

Started binge watching Station Eleven. Nothing special but it does have a certain charm I guess. It's about the aftermath of a flu that kills most of mankind.

So... When I initially binge watched this show, there were only 7 episodes out. I am not real keen on weekly installment watching so I waited until the rest of the series came out before tuning back in. I can say that the first even were just okay. They kept reeling you out and out further. Where I broke at the seventh episode proved to be right break. I don't want to give the show away in case anyone here decides to watch it but the last three episodes reel you back in, they bring it home in way that tied most everything together. As I said, the first seven let you out into the water and I felt like I liked the plot but was kinda 'meh' on it. Having watched the last three, I can honestly say that the show, in my opinion, was the best overall series I have watched in a long time. I hope they just end it and don't try and recreate the magic by doing a second season (though I will have to watch if they do). I can't say exactly why I liked it as much as I did but touched a lot of bases.

YMMV

Salvatore Gravano has been doing a podcast and it is just amazing. Not only is he an amazing storyteller, he still has immunity. So he goes into ALL the details of all his hits, crimes, etc. Great, gripping stuff. Here is the episode that goes through the aftermath of the Paul Castellano hit and the transfer of John Gotti to boss of the Gambino family.

Edited by RkFast

Finished The Expanse Season 6 (Final Season)

Overall it was disappointing. It just felt like the storyline was rushed.  Nowhere near as bad as the final season of GoT.  But they just seemed to wrap up loose threads while leaving a few dangling for potential spinoff series or movies.

That said, if you haven't seen The Expanse yet, it is well worth picking up.  Season 1 takes awhile to develop the backstories, but stick with it.  Seasons 3 and 5 are just awesome Sci-Fi

Edited by devnull
  • Like 1

Wow, I kinda' envy you guys [by "guys" I include the entire rainbow of current sexes] that are into these series from Amazon, etc.  I just don't have any interest in them.  I escape my doldrums by reading thrillers, mysteries, almost any kind of fiction except science fiction.  My Kindle apps on MacBook and iPhone keep me in touch with my book de jour wherever I find myself with some free time.  

Haven't been in a library in years.  I find my ebooks on either Amazon's Prime Reading, or the New York Public Library.  NYPL is the metropolitan NYC 'brary system, but is available to any resident of NYS; just register and you get a digital library card.

Apologies if my penchant for reading interupted the flow of the thread....

• Like 1

I rewatched a couple seasons of The League recently and I can confirm it's still one of the best sitcoms ever made. If you haven't tried it you're missing out.

• Like 2

On 1/8/2022 at 4:32 PM, IDBillzFan said:

The funny thing is that I'm pretty sure the president (Meryl Streep) is supposed to be a far right MAGA type, but it just never came across that way until near the end when they were all wearing "Don't Look Up" hats. But even though this was supposed to be mocking the right, it works because they're portraying the right as people doing what the left actually does, and part of the humor for me was that I don't think they realized they were actually doing this.

I'll be curious what you think.

Exacatickly.  My favorite part was the right being in bed with big tech.  It was entertaining though.  Sometimes these lefties making these things actually hit on very good points despite themselves.  This was one of them.

• 2 weeks later...

I made the mistake of watching "Home Team," the true story about Sean Peyton coaching his kids' high school football team while he was suspended.

The first clue that I was making a mistake was that Peyton's character was being played by Kevin James. I like Kevin James in his stupid movies, so it was at least worth a look.

You keep watching this movie because it is billed as being true. 

So at first, you're seeing shit and thinking "That's ridiculous, but this is based on a true story."

So you keep watching it, and you keep seeing shit that is ridiculous, and you keep thinking "This is really ridiculous, but it's based on a true story."

It turns out by the time his son's football team is winning the championship game because the entire team is on the field puking all over the other team based on a protein bar the team was given by Sean Peyton's ex-wife's new manbun nature-boy husband played by Rob Schneider...well...it was like watching an accident. You can't look away.

You are warned.

• Haha 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
3 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

I made the mistake of watching "Home Team," the true story about Sean Peyton coaching his kids' high school football team while he was suspended.

The first clue that I was making a mistake was that Peyton's character was being played by Kevin James. I like Kevin James in his stupid movies, so it was at least worth a look.

You keep watching this movie because it is billed as being true. 

So at first, you're seeing shit and thinking "That's ridiculous, but this is based on a true story."

So you keep watching it, and you keep seeing shit that is ridiculous, and you keep thinking "This is really ridiculous, but it's based on a true story."

It turns out by the time his son's football team is winning the championship game because the entire team is on the field puking all over the other team based on a protein bar the team was given by Sean Peyton's ex-wife's new manbun nature-boy husband played by Rob Schneider...well...it was like watching an accident. You can't look away.

You are warned.

Is that what that was?  My wife was watching it the other day; I walked in to the room, took one look at the TV, and went and read a book.  

I find myself catching up and re-watching Dark on Netflix so I can watch the third season. I watched the first two seasons a few years ago so it is almost new, again...

• Like 1

On 2/8/2022 at 9:50 AM, B-Man said:

The new series of REACHER on Prime is very good.

Agreed.  I spent my first non football Sunday binge watching Reacher

• Like 1

On 1/27/2022 at 10:27 PM, 4merper4mer said:

Watching the new season of Ozark and it is the goods.

Finished that season yesterday.

I’ll watch the second part of the final season when it comes out.

That Ruth Langmore actress is phenomenal.

• Like 1

On 2/7/2022 at 3:14 PM, IDBillzFan said:

So... what was the going rate for bounties?