Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

What are we watching/recommend ?

Teddy KGB

On 2/9/2022 at 9:42 PM, snafu said:

Finished that season yesterday.

I’ll watch the second part of the final season when it comes out.

That Ruth Langmore actress is phenomenal.

The B-Wife and I just watched her in  "Inventing Anna" on Netflick. She was terrific in that also.............(although it takes a while to get used to her German accent)

Just now, B-Man said:

The B-Wife and I just watched her in  "Inventing Anna" on Netflick. She was terrific in that also.............(although it takes a while to get used to her German accent)

Mrs. snafu and I are trying to catch up with Yellowstone now. We are in the second season. I’ll suggest that to her.  She watches everything and I’m an occasional watcher. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, B-Man said:

She reminds me of him.......

Pay That Man His Money GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Haha 2

Revisiting Star Wars: Clone Wars.  there were enough references in Mandalorian and Book of Boba Fett that i either recognized or were a little hazy, so I'm gonna go back and watch ST:CW again

• Like 2

1 hour ago, devnull said:

Revisiting Star Wars: Clone Wars.  there were enough references in Mandalorian and Book of Boba Fett that i either recognized or were a little hazy, so I'm gonna go back and watch ST:CW again

Is that the one where Obi Wan went all James Bond through the whole movie?

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Ann said:

Not sure how I feel about the Obi-Wan series.  Sounds cool in theory, but how much lore are they gonna rewrite.

Plus I'm not a fan of the Inquisitiors and their stupid spinning sabre

I watch alot of documentaries and docuseries, especially WWI and WWII related.  So I'm browsing thru Tubi and I see a recomenndation for a WWI series.  I'll end up watching it eventually, but something about the casting bothers me...

MV5BOTVlMTkyYjgtNmQ1YS00NDRhLTkyMzUtM2Rk

:classic_angry:

• Haha 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/18/2022 at 6:11 PM, devnull said:

I never watched it when it was first out, but recently started that, Bad Batch, Rebels, and Resistance. 

16 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

This cracked me up - and inspired a re-watch of a classic: 

🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺

Every now and then I re-read one or two books in the series.  Just finished Master & Commander yesterday. The movie plot was from parts of books. Extremely well done. I generally don’t like serial movies, but always thought they’d have done one or two more. It’s a shame they haven’t. 

• Cheers 1

21 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

I never watched it when it was first out, but recently started that, Bad Batch, Rebels, and Resistance. 

Yep, I ran the animated Star Wars gambit.  Clone Wars, then Rebels, Bad Batch, and finally Resistance.

Resistance, like anything associated with the new trilogy, was thoroughly disappointing.  There were a few cool TIE fighter pew pews, but overall it wasn't that good

Bad Batch, whoever voiced the little girl should be shot.  I dunno if you've ever watched The Expanse, but that little girls voice sounded like Bobbie Draper on helium.

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, snafu said:

🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺

Every now and then I re-read one or two books in the series.  Just finished Master & Commander yesterday. The movie plot was from parts of books. Extremely well done. I generally don’t like serial movies, but always thought they’d have done one or two more. It’s a shame they haven’t. 

I've read the whole series maybe eight times.  O'Brian was a fabulous writer.

3 hours ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

I've read the whole series maybe eight times.  O'Brian was a fabulous writer.

Yep.

And these days when I want to get a better picture of where they're sailing; or the part of a ship they're referring to; or what kind of natural thing Maturin is fawning over, I use my ipad and look it up.  It's a nice enhancement.

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, snafu said:

Yep.

And these days when I want to get a better picture of where they're sailing; or the part of a ship they're referring to; or what kind of natural thing Maturin is fawning over, I use my ipad and look it up.  It's a nice enhancement.

I, of course, bought multiple books on how to build an operate a Napoleonic-era warship.  Because luxury-condo-sized noggin', amirite @Alaska Darin?

God, I'm just &#%$ing weird.

(I'd actually, at the time, intended to write an accurate simulation of sailing and fighting sailing ships, right down to the level of crew management and rigging/spar damage repair.  Still weird.)

• Cheers 3

On 3/28/2022 at 8:28 AM, devnull said:

Resistance, like anything associated with the new trilogy, was thoroughly disappointing.  There were a few cool TIE fighter pew pews, but overall it wasn't that good

I stopped watching Resistance about the 7th episode.  Just too cartoony for me.  

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

So I'm scrolling thru Tubi, one of those free online TV platforms, and see NFL Draft listed under Live TV.  My first reaction was how did I miss the Draft this weekend?

So I turn it on, and it's the 2007 NFL Draft.  Pick #21.  Right when the Brady Quinn trade buzz picks up

:classic_laugh: