Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

What are we watching/recommend ?

Teddy KGB

Nouseforaname
3 hours ago, devnull said:

Yes, if you plan on keeping Disney+

Rebels will fill in the back story on the Inquisitors as well as Darksabre from Mandalorian.

But before you watch Rebels, make sure you've watched Clone Wars animated series.  Otherwise that whole Darth Maul story arc is gonna confuse the hell out you.

I started watching clone wars and abandoned it due to a lack of time.  I think I’ll give it another shot.

So, I finally watched the latest Rocky movie (2006 release). It's been decades since I've seen the others, but can anyone remind me if he also blocked all of the punches in the earlier movies using solely his...face?

Alaska Darin
1 hour ago, Hedge said:

So, I finally watched the latest Rocky movie (2006 release). It's been decades since I've seen the others, but can anyone remind me if he also blocked all of the punches in the earlier movies using solely his...face?

Pretty much.

Adrian.jpg

• Like 1

On 6/24/2022 at 6:33 AM, B-Man said:

...one or two great scenes, surrounded by mediocrity.

Weird. That's kind of the way my wife describes our honeymoon.

• Haha 3

4merper4mer
On 6/9/2022 at 11:44 AM, IDBillzFan said:

It really was very good, not to mention that when the last episode ended, I had that same pissed off feeling I got at the end of whichever Marvel Avengers movie ended when good guys were dead aeveryone died and the big rock dude got all the stones.

Except instead of having to wait an entire season, they'll pick it back up on July 1, which  is a trend I hope other shows follow. There's a reason I stopped watching Ms. Maisel, which was a terrific show. The connection was gone because of the wait.

I think the last two episodes come out this weekend.  I read the finale is two and a half hours.

I won’t get too spoilery but enough time has passed where 1. Anyone who wants to watch it could have and 2. Recency bias would have waned for me by now….I’m going to go ahead and say that episode 4 in general and in particular the last scene was one of the best written/acted of anything I’ve seen in a long time.  I did not know what was going to happen and was on the edge of my seat.  I actually gave a shit for real.  The episode really stuck with me and the use of the once again famous song was so on point.   IMO people deserve awards for that episode and the redhead kid is on the top of the list.

• Like 2

4merper4mer
On 6/26/2022 at 7:25 PM, IDBillzFan said:

Weird. That's kind of the way my wife describes our honeymoon.

So you’re saying there was a good buffet?

• Haha 2

Deranged Rhino
On 6/24/2022 at 2:06 PM, Hedge said:

100% he did. Tried watching the franchise with a lady friend once, but that's all she could focus on. "Why doesn't he BLOCK?!"

The only time he didn't was the second fight in Rocky III after training with Apollo and learning "speed". 

4merper4mer

The Umbrella Academy is something I find enjoyable.  It’s different.  I’m not even sure why I like it but I do.

Edited by 4merper4mer
  • Cheers 1
  • Love 1

Crap Throwing Clavin

I know this is probably not a popular opinion, but I'll stand by it:

With Topol and Julian Glover, a relatively straight-forward and not ridiculous plot, and relative rejection of gadgetry for actual story-telling, For Your Eyes Only is the best pre-Craig Bond movie.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

With Topol and Julian Glover, a relatively straight-forward and not ridiculous plot, and relative rejection of gadgetry for actual story-telling, For Your Eyes Only is the best pre-Craig Bond movie.

By those standards, you seem to be overlooking From Russia With Love.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

When I think of Topol, I don't think of James Bond movies.  I think of

OIP.UtbaxxSOS8wXhhhIcDaphwHaKL?pid=ImgDe

• Love 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
8 hours ago, snafu said:

By those standards, you seem to be overlooking From Russia With Love.

Nope.  It's good...For Your Eyes Only is simply better.

23 hours ago, devnull said:

Joe Pickett on Paramount+

Small town murder mystery

I'd consider a Joe Pickett jersey. 

Jabba The Hutt
On 7/4/2022 at 10:57 PM, Nouseforaname said:

Thoughts on stranger things?

Absolutely bonkers. Shocking and brutal on the heartstrings but amazing job.

Nouseforaname
10 hours ago, Jabba The Hutt said:

Absolutely bonkers. Shocking and brutal on the heartstrings but amazing job.

That Metallica cover I loved.  

Nouseforaname
On 7/9/2022 at 12:02 AM, Deranged Rhino said:

Still can’t get myself to watch it. To be honest I preferred hot shots over the first one